The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there was. What is it you’d like me to respond to now?

I guess the conversation Loonerty and I were having with you that you just ignored and stopped responding to when you were proven to be incorrect.

But I guess it was probably too much to expect you'd grown beyond just shutting down or ignoring conversations once your view was proven to be incorrect before popping up again the next day starting the same conversation again.

I guess the conversation Loonerty and I were having with you that you just ignored and stopped responding to when you were proven to be incorrect.

But I guess it was probably too much to expect you'd grown beyond just shutting down or ignoring conversations once your view was proven to be incorrect before popping up again the next day starting the same conversation again.
The conversation had concluded. What else needed to be said? You guys see it one way, while others including me see it another. I know you have this overwhelming requirement to always appear to be right in order to placate your fragile ego but there’s really no need for it. Just try to accept that people have different opinions on s**t. If we all thought alike it would be a boring ass world old chum

The conversation had concluded. What else needed to be said? You guys see it one way, while others including me see it another. I know you have this overwhelming requirement to always appear to be right in order to placate your fragile ego but there’s really no need for it. Just try to accept that people have different opinions on s**t. If we all thought alike it would be a boring ass world old chum

It hadn't really concluded, we'd literally pointed out that your knowledge of 'green policy' was incorrect and you decided not to reply. A standard tactic of yours.

I see the water sprinkler has popped up with a react on your post which is pretty standard too.

It hadn't really concluded, we'd literally pointed out that your knowledge of 'green policy' was incorrect and you decided not to reply. A standard tactic of yours.

I see the water sprinkler has popped up with a react on your post which is pretty standard too.
Lol you’re one to complain about people laughing at posts mocking you when you do it all the time when I’m on the receiving end (or pretty much anyone who doesn’t prescribe to your world view for that matter).

The green policy points raised by PJW had not been proven incorrect by your responses. The current government have changed policies including this “hazard reduction” that was brought in to placate temper tantrum throwers like yourself. People are saying this has led to the fires becoming more widespread and harder to maintain

The current government have changed policies including this “hazard reduction” that was brought in to placate temper tantrum throwers like yourself
Again, they haven't done this to placate protestors at all. If anything there has been less hazard reduction because of cuts to funding of the RFS and cutting park rangers, combined with fewer days with good enough conditions for hazard reduction burns.

I already said this but was not acknowledged.

Lol you’re one to complain about people laughing at posts mocking you when you do it all the time when I’m on the receiving end (or pretty much anyone who doesn’t prescribe to your world view for that matter).

The green policy points raised by PJW had not been proven incorrect by your responses. The current government have changed policies including this “hazard reduction” that was brought in to placate temper tantrum throwers like yourself. People are saying this has led to the fires becoming more widespread and harder to maintain

No it wasn't, the policy hasn't changed, the reason burns haven't been carried out is that the environment is hotter and more dangerous. Farmers also don't want burns carried out because it will sap what little moisture remains. This government is not passing any green policies because it is a conservative government.

I also have no issue with people laugh reacting posts, I'm just pointing out you have a weasel hanging off your teat giddy at the thought of posts aimed at me. I thought you might want to shake it loose.

Again, they haven't done this to placate protestors at all. If anything there has been less hazard reduction because of cuts to funding of the RFS and cutting park rangers, combined with fewer days with good enough conditions for hazard reduction burns.

I already said this but was not acknowledged.
That sounds like an opinion rather than a fact. You must acknowledge that the climate change lobbyists hold a lot of political currency, and there’s nothing not to suggest that the cuts were made to satisfy them. Alternatively you can hold the view that cuts were made to the ends you suggest, either way it appears like a decision that has contributed to the severity of the fires

That sounds like an opinion rather than a fact. You must acknowledge that the climate change lobbyists hold a lot of political currency, and there’s nothing not to suggest that the cuts were made to satisfy them. Alternatively you can hold the view that cuts were made to the ends you suggest, either way it appears like a decision that has contributed to the severity of the fires
Just curious, what position are you in to tell us our experience of Australian politics is wrong when you don't even live here and thought the liberal party was the left leaning party?

Are you for real right now?

WR, I actually live in the state worst affected right now. Multiple people from the fire service have stated this is nothing to do with green policies or protestors.

To say that this is only my opinion and not a fact when you are clearly happy believing some rubbish from elsewhere that says it's due to the protestors is an absolute joke.

Someone who actually lives here can be dismissed as just having an opinion but some campaigner from the UK who lives in the US, well whatever he says must be fact.

I have tried having this discussion rationally and presented a clear argument but you are just unwilling to even acknowledge them. And this happens every ******* time.

Have some links

https://www.news.com.au/national/ru...y/news-story/d89c268a63385f6afb8f78171457dfa3 (this one is even NewsCorp!!!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you for real right now?

WR, I actually live in the state worst affected right now. Multiple people from the fire service have stated this is nothing to do with green policies or protestors.

To say that this is only my opinion and not a fact when you are clearly happy believing some rubbish from elsewhere that says it's due to the protestors is an absolute joke.

Someone who actually lives here can be dismissed as just having an opinion but some campaigner from the UK who lives in the US, well whatever he says must be fact.

I have tried having this discussion rationally and presented a clear argument but you are just unwilling to even acknowledge them. And this happens every ******* time.
I said you made some good points, what more are you after? Just because I believe something different to you there’s no reason to become all upset about it. You are in danger of turning into another SM

I said you made some good points, what more are you after? Just because I believe something different to you there’s no reason to become all upset about it. You are in danger of turning into another SM
I'm after some acknowledgement of your hypocrisy in dismissing what I have presented (and supported) as my opinion, but keenly believing what that YouTuber said - even though his supporting evidence was poor and he doesn't live in Australia.

I'm not upset that you believe something different. I'm upset that you dismiss evidence in lieu of conspiracy and lies. I'm upset that there are a lot of people who think like you do. I'm upset that so many people refuse to do their own research on certain topics and just listen to what an eloquent YouTuber says like he's a prophet. I'm upset that loud voices with little facts behind them are somehow convincing a significant number of people that climate change (or man made climate change) is a myth.

I try so so hard, not just here but elsewhere online, to try to educate and encourage people to look into the science and into the research. But often it's like a brick wall which can only get defensive and sling insults back.

Recently a friend of mine on Facebook has been tagging his mother in a number of articles - because she has just believed everything that you're saying about green policies as well as it being the fault of the Green party - trying to help her understand that she is buying into misinformation. I can't imagine how that feels for him. I'm grateful that I don't have that with any close family.

You can continue to post these opinions but now every time - EVERY TIME - I am going to come back with the other side. With facts, science, experts. Not with hearsay and misinformation.

I'm after some acknowledgement of your hypocrisy in dismissing what I have presented (and supported) as my opinion, but keenly believing what that YouTuber said - even though his supporting evidence was poor and he doesn't live in Australia.

I'm not upset that you believe something different. I'm upset that you dismiss evidence in lieu of conspiracy and lies. I'm upset that there are a lot of people who think like you do. I'm upset that so many people refuse to do their own research on certain topics and just listen to what an eloquent YouTuber says like he's a prophet. I'm upset that loud voices with little facts behind them are somehow convincing a significant number of people that climate change (or man made climate change) is a myth.

I try so so hard, not just here but elsewhere online, to try to educate and encourage people to look into the science and into the research. But often it's like a brick wall which can only get defensive and sling insults back.

Recently a friend of mine on Facebook has been tagging his mother in a number of articles - because she has just believed everything that you're saying about green policies as well as it being the fault of the Green party - trying to help her understand that she is buying into misinformation. I can't imagine how that feels for him. I'm grateful that I don't have that with any close family.

You can continue to post these opinions but now every time - EVERY TIME - I am going to come back with the other side. With facts, science, experts. Not with hearsay and misinformation.
Not sure why you care to get a response tbh

He doesn't want to believe your points and articles, seems like banging your head against a brickwall just for an internet "yes I agree with you" lol. Feel like it's painful enough just reading it all let alone the effort you've gone to which is obviously why you're so worked up. Just chill

Not sure why you care to get a response tbh

He doesn't want to believe your points and articles, seems like banging your head against a brickwall just for an internet "yes I agree with you" lol. Feel like it's painful enough just reading it all let alone the effort you've gone to which is obviously why you're so worked up. Just chill
jd this has made me angrier than anything WR has posted.

This is a topic which is quite important to me, as it should be to everyone. That's why I put so much effort in.
It's frustrating to me to see people just refusing to acknowledge it.

It's probably very naive of me to think I can make any meaningful difference but I can't just not try.
I'm sure glenferry23 feels similarly with regards to veganism, and I think he would typically cop a lot worse in response.

Regardless of personal opinion about their personalities surely you'd be a fan of their music?
No not really. They have a few decent songs here and there, but they are just so overrated. I think they are a bit like music for the masses. Same as Queen, sort of a rock band that people like who aren’t really into rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back