The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go again with the hurt feelings s**t and not anything that is actually addressing my point.

Here's a video for you which I'm sure you will give the same attention to as the articles I posted:

“Video unavailable” here

Did you read anything that Pykie posted before? If you did then you would know what you just posted is bs
You can worship at the altar of Pykie all you want but I might refrain.

But your statement is paradoxical.

Anyway, agree to disagree.
How?

I'm basing my opinion off the countless other artists who have released new albums years later. It's called using evidence to form an opinion. ;)

“Video unavailable” here
Hmm that's unfortunate.
Here is an article on the interview in the video:

There is a short clip in that article of him speaking too.

This is the NSW Fire Commissioner. He knows his s**t.

jd this has made me angrier than anything WR has posted.

This is a topic which is quite important to me, as it should be to everyone. That's why I put so much effort in.
It's frustrating to me to see people just refusing to acknowledge it.

It's probably very naive of me to think I can make any meaningful difference but I can't just not try.
I'm sure glenferry23 feels similarly with regards to veganism, and I think he would typically cop a lot worse in response.

Keep advocating buddy. I certainly empathise with you.

How?

I'm basing my opinion off the countless other artists who have released new albums years later. It's called using evidence to form an opinion. ;)
But every artist is different.

Just because artist X or movie Y released new music/remade a movie, and it wasn't fantastic etc, it doesn't mean all will be.

But you're entitled to your opinion and I for one won't stop you holding that opinion.

Hmm that's unfortunate.
Here is an article on the interview in the video:

There is a short clip in that article of him speaking too.

This is the NSW Fire Commissioner. He knows his s**t.
Ok interesting. Paul was obviously right in one respect then; that the lack of hazard burns contributed to the fires causing more devastation than usual. I’m sure he’s got sources that back up his assertions that it was environmentalist lobbying which stopped the burns happening in some areas. Australia is a big place after all

Ok interesting. Paul was obviously right in one respect then; that the lack of hazard burns contributed to the fires causing more devastation. I’m sure he’s got sources that back up his assertions that it was environmentalist lobbying which stopped the burns happening in some areas. Australia is a big place after all
The key reason, as stated by Shane Fitzsimmons, is that the fire season is getting longer. This means the window of opportunity is reducing. And in that window this year, they did not have safe conditions to complete the hazard burns.

This is climate change.

But every artist is different.

Just because artist X or movie Y released new music/remade a movie, and it wasn't fantastic etc, it doesn't mean all will be.

But you're entitled to your opinion and I for one won't stop you holding that opinion.
So we should keep doing it for the rest of time because maybe one will be different, ok.

I mean hey they already did it in 08 and it was awful.

The key reason, as stated by Shane Fitzsimmons, is that the fire season is getting longer. This means the window of opportunity is reducing. And in that window this year, they did not have safe conditions to complete the hazard burns.

This is climate change.
How long has that trend been going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok interesting. Paul was obviously right in one respect then; that the lack of hazard burns contributed to the fires causing more devastation than usual. I’m sure he’s got sources that back up his assertions that it was environmentalist lobbying which stopped the burns happening in some areas. Australia is a big place after all
I'm sure he does. :)

So we should keep doing it for the rest of time because maybe one will be different, ok.

I mean hey they already did it in 08 and it was awful.
I am not exclusively talking about Oasis.

And music has changed a lot in 12 years.

The album Springsteen released in 2008 is vastly different from what he released last year (and in 2012, and in 2014).

This is climate change.

Plenty of hazard reduction burns around Warrandyte and the Dandenong Ranges (I seem them myself this last year) and both areas havent sufferrd serious bushfires for quite some time now.

IMO there just isnt enough resources to get hazard reduction burns done in remote areas which is where the current bushfires in vic/nsw started.

The album Springsteen released in 2008 is vastly different from what he released last year (and in 2012, and in 2014).

Ok.

I think if Oasis release a new album it will be bad.

How long has that trend been going?
Don't know off the top of my head, but I'll have a look tonight to get a source.
But if the fire commissioner himself says that it's occurring, probably a good bet that it is.

Plenty of hazard reduction burns around Warrandyte and the Dandenong Ranges (I seem them myself this last year) and both areas havent sufferrd serious bushfires for quite some time now.

IMO there just isnt enough resources to get hazard reduction burns done in remote areas which is where the current bushfires in vic/nsw started.
I do agree that there should be more resources but please read the article or watch the video, Fitzsimmons said the biggest obstacle was the conditions.

I do agree that there should be more resources but please read the article or watch the video, Fitzsimmons said the biggest obstacle was the conditions.

Talking more in regards to the vic fires. Conditions were fine for hazard reduction burns in Victoria. Infact there were hazard reduction burns cancelled in East Gippsland due community protests.

NSW obviously a different story.

I can’t be the only one who’d like to see a debate between Pykie and Loonerty on this. I freely admit as I only have a vague interest in CC I therefore cannot back up everything I say with solid facts. But having a debate between someone like Loonerty who is very much in the CC camp and Pykie who appeared to be more of a sceptic would be a good read

Youd be more knowledgeable than me on this, do all artists that make comebacks flunk like is being said? Can't think off the top of my head if that's the case

I can’t be the only one who’d like to see a debate between Pykie and Loonerty on this. I freely admit as I only have a vague interest in CC I therefore cannot back up everything I say with solid facts. But having a debate between someone like Loonerty who is very much in the CC camp and Pykie who appeared to be more of a sceptic would be a good read

How many times does he have to say he isn't a skeptic?!@?@!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back