FTA-TV Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 6 to start Dec 4th

I don't remember if I want to watch this or not given I remember last season being very uneven :think:

So checking Foxtel it shows first new episode on 11th on SBS, not the 4th.

It's going to include the Normans and William the Conqueror ... man, if they can nail this it will be beyond epic
So they're going from the first Viking invasion, to the last Viking king, in the space of 2 generations? Those events were, what - 300 years apart?

So they're going from the first Viking invasion, to the last Viking king, in the space of 2 generations? Those events were, what - 300 years apart?
The Viking raid on the Lindisfarne monastery that occurs early in the show is widely understood to have happened in 793, and the Norman Invasion was obviously in 1066, so yep nearly 300 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears that way, but remember it's a spin-off of sorts, so it's the same but different.

I think it's been good so far. A few different strands.

Ivar with the Russian dude who likes to kill his brothers.
Lagertha setting up on her farm and inevitably having to unbury her sword and fight again.
Bjorn tries to rescue Harald from King Olaf played by the excellent Steven Berkoff.

They killed him off in the last episode anyway.
I often wondered if Floki actually died under all that stugff. Because they didn't finish his story well, It was Iceland or Greenland he took that group, but, I had thought they might send him to the West coast of the Americas' as happened with vikings as history now tells us, that would have been something because Floki I guess is semi fictional, But Bjorn Ironside is not fictional , and wound up King of Norway I think, but he travelled so far into the Mediteranean they had an epic story there to tell.
Now I need to ask about this season 6 part 2, is this the latest season, after all the fighting between Vikings, what is season 7 about then, I thought I'd seen all of six?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back