Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It won’t work like that in practice.

Wired connections are stable and upgradeable via encryption methods. It shame they didn’t role out Fibre to the node everywhere like they originally intended. Would have been worthwhile to nationally uplift online capabilities for improved services.

It won’t work like that in practice.

Wired connections are stable and upgradeable via encryption methods. It shame they didn’t role out Fibre to the node everywhere like they originally intended. Would have been worthwhile to nationally uplift online capabilities for improved services.

Does this mean I should be happy with Fibre to the Node? When they flipped to that there was an uproar.

Fwiw Old Mate got fibre to the home in the original roll out 4 years ago. He has the same download speeds.

Does this mean I should be happy with Fibre to the Node? When they flipped to that there was an uproar.

Fwiw Old Mate got fibre to the home in the original roll out 4 years ago. He has the same download speeds.

Suspect that is a typo by Dunderhead - he means FTTH. Your old mate gets what he gets because that is what they have decided to give him - the technology is capable of vastly more than what he is being given. It is held back by political decisions - not least explaining why he can get 1000Mbps and the majority on FttN might get 50Mbps if they're lucky with atrocious reliability. That and the fact that the higher upkeep costs of FttN and HFC mean that the organisation is draining money and can't afford to do squat to improve things. Yey.

Yep. Apologies. FTTH

Ive got Fibre to the curb being rolled out in my area at the moment. Should keep the the distances between home and fibre lowish and consequently connection speed highish ala gasos connection. I think im 3km away from node currently. ADSL was very slow. Im on Optus cable while i wait, bit i hate optus and will get off them as soon as i can

Im on Optus cable while i wait, bit i hate optus and will get off them as soon as i can
We were on Optus cable and it was absolute arse.

We now have HFC NBN through Aussie Broadband and are very happy with it. No drilling required - just plugged directly into the Optus cable plate. Of course, when they went to switch it on, it didn't work for about a week but that was an NBN not Aussie Broadband issue. In fact, Aussie Broadband made a point of telling us not to disconnect our current service until the NBN was up and working; so we had the Optus cable as a fall back until NBN got their sh*t together.

Speeds are generally 35-50mbps which suits our needs (mainly video/music streaming and posting uninformed rubbish on football forums).

VOIP WSP FTTH ADSL FIBRE CABLE NODES

Bring back morse / telegraph. Hoju happy 👍
When a terrorist group eventually works out how to takeout a few satellites we’ll be all going back to the stone ages..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The likely change was broached last week at the AFL Players Association's directors and delegates conference, with chief executive Paul Marsh confirming it did not pose any problems.

"Players probably would almost characterise it as a non-issue. There won't be any barriers from a playing side of it to happen," he said.

"One thing I would I say, and this is what underpins it all, is we all have a responsibility to making sure the game is as attractive as it can be.

"The numbers would suggest viewing audiences are dropping off as games go on. So if we can somehow squeeze the game a bit, it's going to be beneficial and that's really the lens the players put on it. It's not a big health and safety issue. If it keeps the viewers tuned in, that's a good thing."

Dearie me.

The likely change was broached last week at the AFL Players Association's directors and delegates conference, with chief executive Paul Marsh confirming it did not pose any problems.

"Players probably would almost characterise it as a non-issue. There won't be any barriers from a playing side of it to happen," he said.

"One thing I would I say, and this is what underpins it all, is we all have a responsibility to making sure the game is as attractive as it can be.

"The numbers would suggest viewing audiences are dropping off as games go on. So if we can somehow squeeze the game a bit, it's going to be beneficial and that's really the lens the players put on it. It's not a big health and safety issue. If it keeps the viewers tuned in, that's a good thing."

Dearie me.
Tail wagging the dog.

Dearie me.
Just goes to show how out of touch they are with what goes on at half time.

Either we have food/drink outlets closed on Level 3 for smaller crowds or we have queues for larger crowds.

The way it’s heading the past 20 years it is easier to stay at home and be subjected to the mostly pathetic commentary

If there’s anything that will be thrown out by the Bye it will be this.

The tipping point will be Anzac Day when * and the Filth realise it’s not working in the Coteries and Outer

Bookmark this post now

This will all center around the research of the marketing whores. My strong hunch is that there's viewer drop off during the half times breaks and it's costing them revenue. Nothing else.

Player welfare is the crock of bullshit utilized to cover it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back