News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
pecking order pretty much confirmed here

Thanks. Though I might include Hayward instead of Betts, though it would be a tough call.

I honestly wonder which team would win out of

B: Dane Rampe, Dougal Howard, Zac Williams
HB: Matt Suckling, Phil Davis, Harry Cunningham
C: Isaac Smith, Callum Mills, Jack Steele
HF: Matthew Kennedy, Taylor Walker, Jacob Hopper
F: Josh Bruce, Tom Hawkins, Luke Breust
FOLL: Jarrod Witts, Isaac Henney, Anthony Miles
I/C: Daniel Howe, Jacob Townsend, Will Setterfield, Harrison Himmelberg

Emergencies - Harrison Macreadie, Jeremy Finlayson, Will Langford, Nick Blakey

and

B: Jonas, Hurn, Milera
HB: Laird, Davis, Hartlett
C: Burton, Redden, Polec
HF: Wingard, Westhoff, Edwards
F: Betts, Lycett, Fantasia
R: Grundy, Neale, Hewett
I/C: Burgoyne, Daniel, Dumont, Smith

I'll admit Betts got in on the vibe that this would be an exhibition match where he would have a bit less pressure and could probably do some cool things, if it was a 'real' match he probably doesn't make it.

Also Davis is in for a busy day haha. Where does he actually count to?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd rather watch the best players from the 2nd tier leagues represent their state in a true SOO carnival that is spaced throughout the year.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'll admit Betts got in on the vibe that this would be an exhibition match where he would have a bit less pressure and could probably do some cool things, if it was a 'real' match he probably doesn't make it.

Also Davis is in for a busy day haha. Where does he actually count to?

No worse than what GWS used to ask him to do :p

I am pretty sure he is tied to the ACT which means he is eligible for NSW/ACT, though I could be wrong.

No worse than what GWS used to ask him to do :p

I am pretty sure he is tied to the ACT which means he is eligible for NSW/ACT, though I could be wrong.

Yeah I wasn't sure, Wikipedia said he came from North Adelaide so I stole him. Without him it looks a hell of a lot worse.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah I wasn't sure, Wikipedia said he came from North Adelaide so I stole him. Without him it looks a hell of a lot worse.

Apparently he moved to South Australia in his early teens, so who he is eligible for is very much up in the air. I think it comes down to which state/territory he first played Aussie Rules in in terms of club registration. If he played Aussie Rules in Canberra for a club before moving to South Australia then he is ACT, but if his first experience of club football is in South Australia in his early teens then he is South Australian.

Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide
No harm in having an additional friendly game to raise what would undoubtedly be millions for bushfire relief.

Auctioning off items wouldn't generate much. Even something as venerated as Shane Warne's baggy green 'only' sold for $1m - what items do you think the AFL and clubs could auction off?

You could auction items such as Premiership/ AA jumpers, signed memorabilia, AFL and Corporate tickets, dinner with your club coach to name a few

I'd rather watch the best players from the 2nd tier leagues represent their state in a true SOO carnival that is spaced throughout the year.

We used to have something like that not too long ago. Also support it but I guess the obstacle is getting WAFL, VFL, SANFL, NEAFL etc all to agree.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Think the poster meant more of a regular scheduled event featuring more than just the WAFL and SANFL.
The AFL sides couldn't even afford to drag a reserves team along with them doubt the reserves leagues could fly 30 players all over the country

The AFL sides couldn't even afford to drag a reserves team along with them doubt the reserves leagues could fly 30 players all over the country

Yeah personally I don't see it happening in today's AFL climate. The state leagues are definite second tier and since AFL expansion their money (and power) have dried up considerably. For example, there was surprisingly very little resistance to West Coast introducing their reserves to the WAFL last year.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah personally I don't see it happening in today's AFL climate. The state leagues are definite second tier and since AFL expansion their money (and power) have dried up considerably.
I don't know about the WAFL but the VFL players are part time, no chance the club's over here could afford to make even one trip let alone multiple

Back