The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sullivan and Gold have ripped the heart out of that club. I actually feel for the fans. I may give Levy some stick now and then but at least he has the interests (note not the best interests) of our club at heart. The dildo brothers are a pair of frauds

Sullivan and Gold have ripped the heart out of that club. I actually feel for the fans. I may give Levy some stick now and then but at least he has the interests (note not the best interests) of our club at heart. The dildo brothers are a pair of frauds
Same thing that happened under their watch at Birmingham basically.

And Sullivan has no interest in selling, wants to give the club to his son Jack.

Yep indeed, no ambition at the club, just want to maintain PL Status now.

Although I did just read that Nicolo Sciara thinks we've offered the job to Enzo Maresca and he did get Haller right.

Can't see that happening though.
David Moyes at West Ham - Win percentage of 29%
Pellegrini at West Ham - Win percentage of 37.5%

Genuinely think Gold, Sullivan and Brady may just be the most clueless individuals in football.

David Moyes at West Ham - Win percentage of 29%
Pellegrini at West Ham - Win percentage of 37.5%

Genuinely think Gold, Sullivan and Brady may just be the most clueless individuals in football.
Going to enjoy seeing how they're going to spin it.

Moyes is getting a 18 month deal, could be announced tomorrow apparently.

[IMG]

Was really excited when we got Pellegrini. Biggest name we’ve had for a while, brought a bit of optimism. Had a good year last year despite a disastrous start. Made a couple of high profile signings and started this season well, 12 points from 7 games just one loss but then Fabianski got injured and its got downhill rapidly since.

A lot of people were calling for his sacking about a month or so ago, which I thought was premature but has been proven to be right. He had to go, we’ve been terrible lately and it didn’t look like changing.

Moyes is such a bland signing though. He was ok last stint with us, 33 points from 27 games. Played pretty unimaginative football for most of that time but he did get Arnautovic firing and consistent. They would’ve had crisis meetings for over a month, think we should’ve ended up with something better than Moyes after that. Was hoping for Eddie Howe personally.

Should have a strong enough squad to stay up, disappointing that we’re in this position again. Let’s hope Moyes gets the new manager bounce and some results straight away.

Was really excited when we got Pellegrini. Biggest name we’ve had for a while, brought a bit of optimism. Had a good year last year despite a disastrous start. Made a couple of high profile signings and started this season well, 12 points from 7 games just one loss but then Fabianski got injured and its got downhill rapidly since.

A lot of people were calling for his sacking about a month or so ago, which I thought was premature but has been proven to be right. He had to go, we’ve been terrible lately and it didn’t look like changing.

Moyes is such a bland signing though. He was ok last stint with us, 33 points from 27 games. Played pretty unimaginative football for most of that time but he did get Arnautovic firing and consistent. They would’ve had crisis meetings for over a month, think we should’ve ended up with something better than Moyes after that. Was hoping for Eddie Howe personally.

Should have a strong enough squad to stay up, disappointing that we’re in this position again. Let’s hope Moyes gets the new manager bounce and some results straight away.
I view Moyes' rehiring an outcome that he should've been allowed to continue managing the team in the first place. Fans and critics can moan all they like and wish for whoever they want. But I'm anticipating that he'll do really well for West Ham long term. If he has any sense of humility, I'd expect him to learn from his mistakes at Everton (Allowing the club to become stagnate halfway through his tenure, and not win any meaningful trophies), and West Ham should benefit from this.

I view Moyes' rehiring an outcome that he should've been allowed to continue managing the team in the first place. Fans and critics can moan all they like and wish for whoever they want. But I'm anticipating that he'll do really well for West Ham long term. If he has any sense of humility, I'd expect him to learn from his mistakes at Everton (Allowing the club to become stagnate halfway through his tenure, and not win any meaningful trophies), and West Ham should benefit from this.
David Gold wanted him to stay on, but Sullivan was desperate to keep the fans onside after the protests so he wanted a more "flashy" appointment.

I was reading an article in the Athletic a few days ago, where Moyes got the club to do an outside audit whilst he was there, and the owners were staggered by the results, that we only had say 5 scouts, and none of the reports were kept electronically. Southampton have about 30 in comparison.

That sort of thing shows how bad the owners are and how the club is run. My hope is Moyes is given some time to fix that sort of thing, go after younger players such as Jayden Bogle from Derby and try to build the club up to be run properly.

Oh and improve the training ground, I'm staggered whenever I see the owners say "well we invested 4M into it......".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that anyone cares about Marco Silva and his career. But in anticipation of there being another Merseyside Derby coming up, and so soon after the game that lost him his job, I wonder if he's been paying attention to the differences between what he did and what Ferguson/Ancelotti have done to get the team winning an being competitive?

Not that anyone cares about Marco Silva and his career. But in anticipation of there being another Merseyside Derby coming up, and so soon after the game that lost him his job, I wonder if he's been paying attention to the differences between what he did and what Ferguson/Ancelotti have done to get the team winning an being competitive?

Did Koeman pay attention to Silva or Allardyce? I dunno I think each manager won't take too much notice of what following managers achieve, particularly as so much can just be a rebound from experiencing something new.

Did Koeman pay attention to Silva or Allardyce? I dunno I think each manager won't take too much notice of what following managers achieve, particularly as so much can just be a rebound from experiencing something new.
Why would Koeman pay attention to either Silva or Allardyce?

I'd say there's more for Silva to gain out of any subsequent success Everton generates for the rest of the season. I'd say his sacking is a bigger blow to his career than it is to either Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce.

Why would Koeman pay attention to either Silva or Allardyce?

I'd say there's more for Silva to gain out of any subsequent success Everton generates for the rest of the season. I'd say his sacking is a bigger blow to his career than it is to either Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce.

Because his last season was rubbish and Silva's first season was relatively better?

I mean, why else are you asking the question?

There's nothing to gain for Silva because new players will be brought in, and the players will play to Ancelotti's style. Silva was a success (relatively) at Hull, Olympiakos and other clubs.

I get such strong Hodgson at Liverpool vibes from Solskjaer. Just constantly comes out with embarrassing stuff that you would not expect from the manager of Manchester United. I know they had a good win last night but it's such an inditement on the people above him that he is in charge of that football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back