Play Nice Joe Daniher 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

65 goals in 2017. The comp has been robbed of it's best forward for 2 years IMO. Hopefully he can get a good run in 2020.
Thought he was just as good in 2016 when he was getting VFL standard forward delivery against AFL teams who could pick them apart at all.

But thats pretty much 2 years out of the game. Im hoping he finally puts the issue to bed

Theres a lot of radio/media talk this is down to poor management and rushing him back possibly, and overworking him before ready.

Thoughts on this? Could be legit because OP which he had originally is an overuse/overwork instability injury and the best treatment involves significant rest.

For all the professionalism nowadays even the most professional of clubs still make judgement errors.

Impossible to tell if this second bout is poor management or just bad luck. What was more worrying was how everyone could tell he wasn't fit last year and we kept playing him

It makes you wonder for all the boasting about how professional things are nowadays how it could get to that

Bigger picture, he's 25 years and not yet in his prime as a key position player.
I think Essendon feel as though their time is just not now so would not be surprised to see them put a couple of more guys in for season ending surgery and get them ready for a legitimate shot at a premiership in 2020.

Bigger picture, he's 25 years and not yet in his prime as a key position player.
I think Essendon feel as though their time is just not now so would not be surprised to see them put a couple of more guys in for season ending surgery and get them ready for a legitimate shot at a premiership in 2020.
I think he will struggle to be right for 2020.

These things take a long time to heal, especially now he has had it recur.

Would that be 2020 with a new head coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back