Fundraiser Sweet FA bushfire appeal - $3,045.79 raised!

Donate: https://give.everydayhero.com/au/sweet-fa-state-of-origin-bushfire-appeal

This summer as we all know, has seen major swathes of Australia from coast to coast tackling an unprecedented, catastrophic bushfire season, with one of our own, Far Kern as we know being directly impacted and fighting along with several brave members of his local community to save their town and their homes. I'm sure there would be many, many more friends, family and loved ones of ours impacted in some way by these fires, and the subsequent challenge presented to those who have to attempt to move on and rebuild not only their homes, but their lives is absolutely immense, and for many of us is beyond comprehension.

As a community, the Sweet FA has always rallied together to support a cause, and given the crisis that's taking place across Australia, I am sure that most of us have wanted to give in some form to assist those in most dire need. With our incredibly successful State of Origin series underway, it feels right that we make the most of the opportunity to rally together not just under our state’s banner, but as a competition and support this important cause through pledges based on the current State of Origin series.

Your skippers have pledged their support, so let’s put our money where our mouths are and see just how much we can raise as a community for those impacted and with a long journey in front of them to recover and get back on their feet.

I challenge the skippers, for the remainder of the series to pledge $2 per goal that your side kicks, or make us a counteroffer.

ClarkeM Dingster NaturalDisaster spookism Tarkyn_24

Players, let’s get some pledges happening based on your own, or your teammate’s qooty.

I will kick things off with my own pledge. I will make a $20 donation for every game WA wins during the series.

So I put the challenge out, let’s get pledging as a community and let’s raise as much as we can over the next two weeks to see just how much we can donate.

For those involved in the Vic Country v Allies match currently taking place, you would have noticed the subtle yet poignant nod to the current crisis by Vic Country skipper ClarkeM to the town and people of Mallacoota, who have been so publicly and dramatically impacted by the current crisis, with the Vic Country side acknowledging their fellow Victorians, and it seems fitting to kick off the fundraising effort in conjunction with this tribute.

I’ve set up an everyday hero page for us to make our donations, and all donations are tax deductible. Of course this is not limited to those taking part in the State of Origin series, I welcome and encourage anybody across the league and the entirety of BigFooty to please donate what you can, whether it be a pledge on the qooty or a once off donation, all contributions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Ant Bear for his support with this, I know he is actively working on additional support for this appeal in the background with Chief to make this as successful a fundraising drive as possible.

We do this better than anyone, let’s make it happen Sweet FA.

#sweetfabushfireappeal #makeapledge #goalchallenge

NB: Thanks to haydo for the inspiration for the pledge drive.

THE DONATION LINK IS HERE:

https://give.everydayhero.com/au/sweet-fa-state-of-origin-bushfire-appeal

All donations are tax deductible

To find out more about how Australia Red Cross are supporting those impacted please follow this link here:

https://www.redcross.org.au/campaigns/disaster-relief-and-recovery-donate

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:
Big thank you to Chief whose got behind us on this one, for anyone who has or does donate to the appeal, send in a copy of your receipt to support@bigfooty.com and he will sort you out a month’s Platinum membership with BigFooty.

Legends who've already donated:
Dingster
Antonio BlueVein
DERO
ClarkeM
McEvoy
Tigerturbulance
spookism
TedDougChris
comewhatmay
MWPP
jumboprince
Callums_Guns
Hatchy1992
SarahSmiles
StFly
Ant Bear
por_please_ya
Metalcrusher
Riviat
FKASC
Tarkyn_24
Kennedy Parker
jackster83
Proper Gander
philreich
NaturalDisaster
Barrybran
Test Tickle
JoshWoodenSpoon
TheInjuryFactory
KohPhi
Bloodied52
The Filth Wizard

Last edited:
Great initiative. Everyone knows what they can and can't afford this time of year but it would be great if you can contribute even if it's $5.

I'll kick things off with $50 when I get home.

I'm waiting until I get paid again and I'll donate :)

In December I donated to SA's CFS Foundation and Vinnie's Bushfire Appeal, but have been meaning to donate again. Thanks for posting!

I will make a $0.50 donation for every disposal i complete throughout the series

I would do that but Tarkyn_24 keeps putting me on a bloody flank!!! …. so …. I will donate $ 0.50 for every post in game threads. NaturalDisaster can you keep a running tally for me please? That includes obviously the two prior games as well :)

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
I would do that but Tarkyn_24 keeps putting me on a bloody flank!!! …. so …. I will donate $ 0.50 for every post in game threads. NaturalDisaster can you keep a running tally for me please? That includes obviously the two prior games as well :)

Every post in every game thread?

Antonio BlueVein should pledge that during the S29 season, see if he keeps up the same posting numbers

50 cents per touch and a $5 for each goal
Will donate $20 if I have a howler and my total doesn't reach to over $20
Edit: should have clarified that this is just for the upcoming game (Round 3)

Last edited:
I'll pay:
- $20 for every game I play in the SoO series
- $1 for every disposal
- $10 for every goal

(That'll learn Dingster for not playing me!)

All jokes aside, I'll be putting $50 in, as soon as Telstra take me out of the dark ages.

I'll put up a 50c for every underground handball exhibited in the series. Dig deep mates! ;)

I'll put up a 50c for every underground handball exhibited in the series. Dig deep mates! ;)

That's awesone Spoonman … I shall handball you a link every 30 seconds if you want to bump your numbers ...

LsCa0SF.png

This summer as we all know, has seen major swathes of Australia from coast to coast tackling an unprecedented, catastrophic bushfire season, with one of our own, Far Kern as we know being directly impacted and fighting along with several brave members of his local community to save their town and their homes. I'm sure there would be many, many more friends, family and loved ones of ours impacted in some way by these fires, and the subsequent challenge presented to those who have to attempt to move on and rebuild not only their homes, but their lives is absolutely immense, and for many of us is beyond comprehension.

As a community, the Sweet FA has always rallied together to support a cause, and given the crisis that's taking place across Australia, I am sure that most of us have wanted to give in some form to assist those in most dire need. With our incredibly successful State of Origin series underway, it feels right that we make the most of the opportunity to rally together not just under our state’s banner, but as a competition and support this important cause through pledges based on the current State of Origin series.

Your skippers have pledged their support, so let’s put our money where our mouths are and see just how much we can raise as a community for those impacted and with a long journey in front of them to recover and get back on their feet.

I challenge the skippers, for the remainder of the series to pledge $2 per goal that your side kicks, or make us a counteroffer.

ClarkeM Dingster NaturalDisaster spookism Tarkyn_24

Players, let’s get some pledges happening based on your own, or your teammate’s qooty.

I will kick things off with my own pledge. I will make a $20 donation for every game WA wins during the series.

So I put the challenge out, let’s get pledging as a community and let’s raise as much as we can over the next two weeks to see just how much we can donate.

For those involved in the Vic Country v Allies match currently taking place, you would have noticed the subtle yet poignant nod to the current crisis by Vic Country skipper ClarkeM to the town and people of Mallacoota, who have been so publicly and dramatically impacted by the current crisis, with the Vic Country side acknowledging their fellow Victorians, and it seems fitting to kick off the fundraising effort in conjunction with this tribute.

I’ve set up an everyday hero page for us to make our donations, and all donations are tax deductible. Of course this is not limited to those taking part in the State of Origin series, I welcome and encourage anybody across the league and the entirety of BigFooty to please donate what you can, whether it be a pledge on the qooty or a once off donation, all contributions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Ant Bear for his support with this, I know he is actively working on additional support for this appeal in the background with Chief to make this as successful a fundraising drive as possible.

We do this better than anyone, let’s make it happen Sweet FA.

#sweetfabushfireappeal #makeapledge #goalchallenge

NB: Thanks to haydo for the inspiration for the pledge drive.

THE DONATION LINK IS HERE:

https://give.everydayhero.com/au/sweet-fa-state-of-origin-bushfire-appeal

All donations are tax deductible

To find out more about how Australia Red Cross are supporting those impacted please follow this link here:

https://www.redcross.org.au/campaigns/disaster-relief-and-recovery-donate

Thank you in advance!
Thanks everyone.

I haven’t been directly impacted by fire yet, thanks to luck and the efforts of a great group of people. Three days that we have had have been properly scary.

We are surrounded by fire, which, strangely, might prove to be a good thing if we stay lucky. This is a good week. Hopefully.

The local pub has been thrown open 24 hours for people to sleep or eat or information or whatever. Three meals a day from volunteered food, and a great stack of supplies for anyone to take. On safe days I’ve been getting jobs done and going down and helping.

This is an awesome community, we’re running off generosity at the moment, and that is such a good thing. We have supplies.

What other communities need is money.

People here are mostly OK for now, we’re really tight. Not everyone has been so lucky.

Back