brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Would love to know the story behind Vaughn supporting the Crows. I remember there was a rumour he was going to come to the Redbacks but I don't think it went beyond that. He was at Yorkshire with Lehmann so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it.

Is he a supporter, or just a promo opportunity to get him in a Crow guernsey?

Scorpus, in response to your question, Carey is a Crows fan so he and Head could play for the two teams. There's a final the day before the Strikers could be involved in but, with the next game after that on the 6th, I'm sure they would be able to squeeze this game in.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
My VW had us at 47.5 degrees at about 6pm the other day. But I don’t think we had a day that actually got that high. I don’t think they’re all that accurate. Or they pick up heat from the road or the car. I was told it’s taken about 3 feet from the dash. But I wonder given how high the readings seem to get.

It’ll be tame because so much will have burned this season and bucket loads will be spent. That’s what my money is on.
The temperature from the BOM is taken in the shade, so your car temp may well be correct

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t be too sure. Getting a lot of fuel load reducing burns done this season. I’d expect the next few years to be pretty tame, especially with the amount of $ ScoMo will throw around as well.
There's plenty of Australia not burnt yet.

SloMo is only throwing $ at recovery, and it's over a number of years. Nothing about prevention as usual

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Scorpus, in response to your question, Carey is a Crows fan so he and Head could play for the two teams. There's a final the day before the Strikers could be involved in but, with the next game after that on the 6th, I'm sure they would be able to squeeze this game in.
Thought he’d be a giants fan?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's plenty of Australia not burnt yet.

SloMo is only throwing $ at recovery, and it's over a number of years. Nothing about prevention as usual

recovery for now, because that’s what’s at the forefront of people’s minds. Well, at least those who’ve had stuff destroyed. The failures in prevention or ability to control will come next. Politically it’s imperative for him, it’ll happen.

Squiba

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
. Snip

It’ll be tame because so much will have burned this season and bucket loads will be spent. That’s what my money is on.

Only issue is, although lots of the undergrowth is gone, there are plenty of dried trees standing like matchsticks ready to go throughout many of the fire stricken areas. A crown fire through that won't be as intense nor as hot, but it'll be incredibly fast moving.

Unfortunately fires that don't wipe out the trees completely still leave considerable amounts of dry fuel behind.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
yes he was, so must have had ability, just not enough to play AFL
Wasn't overly athletically gifted, but could have carved out a very handy state league career.

Made the right choice

Thought he’d be a giants fan?
Despite his ties with them, he's a Crows fan. He was named as an ambassador in 2018.

When does he get back from India?

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Tickets on Sale today.

Is this match on Channel 7?

I'm assuming so as they're a sponsor. Not sure if they'll do it live or as a Slowdown-style highlights package though.

So far, looks like it'll only be the hill and western stand that will be in use for the game (sorry SACA members, looks like you'll have to mix with the riff-raff :D )

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
So far, looks like it'll only be the hill and western stand that will be in use for the game (sorry SACA members, looks like you'll have to mix with the riff-raff :D )

Yuck!! we have to mix with Port fans?

...so they think only 20k will turn up?

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
I’m sure Tex will have a word with Bernie about the game.
Does anyone know the seating map for this? Ticketek doesn’t seem to have one atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Earlier they had the seating map to select your ticket preference and it just showed the whole ground as GA.

Back