Unsolved Nabil Maghnie shot dead in Epping

Remove this Banner Ad

Police fear revenge attacks.

Underworld enforcer and considered a Melbourne crime figure Nabil Maghnie may have been bashing a standover victim just moments before he was shot and killed. Maghnie was seen lying dead next to his Mercedes utility vehicle in a suburban street in Melbourne after he was gunned down on Thursday night.

As the investigation into his death continues, an alleged key theory suggests the shooting came after Maghnie assaulted a man while demanding payment for a large debt.

The cash was allegedly compensation for minor damage to a car owned by a member of Maghnie's family.

It is understood Maghnie went to the property with his son Abbas and another man, 44, before the householder was attacked.

Another person is believed to have opened fire on Maghnie allegedly in retaliation to the attack.

A source told the Herald Sun: 'This is his own sh*t that's gone wrong. Nabil's doing business as usual and the victim's fought back'.

Police now fear that the shooting could spark a revenge induced spree of violence with a 'tit for tat' mentality among Maghnie associates.

Maghnie's violent death has surprised few who knew the 44-year-old, who self-proclaimed himself 'The Mad Leb'.

i think I read somewhere that this grub had been charge over 200 times for different offences, Melbourne seems to have more than its fair share of middle eastern/Lebanese families/gangs that are completely out of control selling huge amounts of drugs and being very violent, when a crowd turned up at the death scene to 'look stunned' and 'cant imagine why this loving father' was shot you couldn't imagine a more dodgey bunch

when a crowd turned up at the death scene to 'look stunned' and 'cant imagine why this loving father' was shot you couldn't imagine a more dodgey bunch

Of course they're dodgy and dangerous crooks, that's separate to family life, he would have been a loving father. Lebanese culture is collectivist, where loyalty to the member group whether that's family or those in extended relationships, is paramount or prioritised over most of societies rules. He's being judged there within that frame.

There are elements of machismo or masculine pride in Arab cultures that takes a few hits entering western society, it's often a real struggle for the men trying to adjust in a 'diminished' role and we can see a lot of acting out. imo it can take a couple of generations for things to settle down.

Have you seen the video of his dead body?
Worst part of that video is the commentary, saying the 2 people there are undercover cops.. they weren’t cops and it would defeat the purpose of being undercover to expose yourself like that wouldn’t it.🤔🤔

Worst part of that video is the commentary, saying the 2 people there are undercover cops.. they weren’t cops and it would defeat the purpose of being undercover to expose yourself like that wouldn’t it.🤔🤔

Is this video something a bystander took with their phone or mainstream press?

This one by Channel 9 I think you mean Frank. I don't think they're cops but it would take them less than a minute from Epping Police Station to get to Dalton Road, they have a pretty aggressive squad in there and do firearms training just off Dalton Road actually.

What a nerve, right on their doorstep. hah ... they won't be happy about that.

This one by Channel 9 I think you mean Frank. I don't think they're cops but it would take them less than a minute from Epping Police Station to get to Dalton Road, they have a pretty aggressive squad in there and do firearms training just off Dalton Road actually.

What a nerve, right on their doorstep. hah ... they won't be happy about that.

it was on 7 also i think, i know where that police station is, but by the time it gets called in etc its always 3-4 even with the cop next door?
they weren't cops though..
ps firearms training? thought that was at cragieburn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was on 7 also i think, i know where that police station is, but by the time it gets called in etc its always 3-4 even with the cop next door?
they weren't cops though..
ps firearms training? thought that was at cragieburn?

No, there's a firearms training officer stationed at Epping always has been. Maybe they do theory or something now at Craigieburn its been a while since I was down that way. They have a shooting range, or did have one just off Dalton Road I know because I've been in there. You can't see it from the road and there's no signage.

Epping police are territorial, I reckon they would have been there in less than a minute.

No, there's a firearms training officer stationed at Epping always has been. Maybe they do theory or something now at Craigieburn its been a while since I was down that way. They have a shooting range, or did have one just off Dalton Road I know because I've been in there. You can't see it from the road and there's no signage.

Epping police are territorial, I reckon they would have been there in less than a minute.
Ok there is firearms training at cragieburn, I have been there, with a range etc..
worked at Epping police also and didn’t know there was one there

Ok there is firearms training at cragieburn, I have been there, with a range etc..
worked at Epping police also and didn’t know there was one there

You must have missed the other one then. It looks like you're driving into a tip or something.

I’m not a cop.. think I know where it is..
when was the last time you where there?
it hasn’t moved?

I'm looking at the map, I might have been looking at it upside down. When you leave Epping Police Station and go back over to Broadmeadows, it's along there.

Its been a while, several years since I went past and if it's still being used might not even notice it, it's well hidden behind cyclone gates. The road might have changed, it was sealed all the way but still a bit rough.

I'm looking at the map, I might have been looking at it upside down. When you leave Epping Police Station and go back over to Broadmeadows, it's along there.

Its been a while, several years since I went past and if it's still being used might not even notice it, it's well hidden behind cyclone gates. The road might have changed, it was sealed all the way but still a bit rough.
Ok didn’t know about that, they built a new training centre at cragieburn, so might be unused now?
But never knew it is or was at Epping

Of course they're dodgy and dangerous crooks, that's separate to family life, he would have been a loving father. Lebanese culture is collectivist, where loyalty to the member group whether that's family or those in extended relationships, is paramount or prioritised over most of societies rules. He's being judged there within that frame.

There are elements of machismo or masculine pride in Arab cultures that takes a few hits entering western society, it's often a real struggle for the men trying to adjust in a 'diminished' role and we can see a lot of acting out. imo it can take a couple of generations for things to settle down.
i
I do agree with a lot of that but I also think middle eastern men like the easy money from drugs ie: easier than working, I don't think these crooks keep things separate from family as there are lots of Lebanese crime families and this dead snoozer even took his son to this incident, basically I think the rest of the family know that a family member is a dealer/thug and is just happy to live off his earnings and are too scared to say anything anyway

I do agree with a lot of that but I also think middle eastern men like the easy money from drugs ie: easier than working

That's a big generalisation Ike, I do know a lot of middle eastern men and the majority of them try really hard to fit in and avoid anything illegal.

i know a lot of middle eastern people as well and yes the majority are law abiding but it seems to me everytime there is a gang shooting, bikie violence or drug related crime the surnames always seem to be middle eastern they are over represented for sure

i know a lot of middle eastern people as well and yes the majority are law abiding but it seems to me everytime there is a gang shooting, bikie violence or drug related crime the surnames always seem to be middle eastern they are over represented for sure

Their profile seems to be high, especially in NSW outlaw motorcycle clubs. I lived up there for work for a few years and was a bit surprised, things might have changed but the membership demographics were very different where I came from in Victoria and low key in comparison.

I've wondered if there might not be a cultural element to carrying guns. I've seen a lot of Youtube clips of shooting accidents at wedding and birthday celebrations in the homeland where there's a handgun on every table and they all fire into the air after the cutting of the cake or whatever where we'd all be clapping.

to me there is many similarities to the Sudanese, both have come from war torn areas where violence is a way of life and they come to a country where they probably don't fit in and are faced with unemployment or menial work and the other alternative is organised crime and drugs and the big money that comes with it

and another thing that shits me is when these low lifes are called well known crime figure or organised crime hit man etc etc : if that's what they are why aren't they behind bars?
This is Australia. A murder conviction is punishable by a maximum penalty of standing in a confined circle for 10 minutes without having any contact with anyone outside the circle. After ten minutes of reflection time, that person is considered to be rehabilitated and is released on parole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back