Opinion Stick a fork in Him

SnowRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been a long time but I'm back.

Let's start some fun debate and disagreement.

At the end of 2020 who is done and why?

For me:

Dom Tyson
Was never what we needed, was never at the standard, too far back in line to see much best 22 time. Just doesn't stand out in any way, in every aspect we have better options. Should be a solid VFL contributor.

Ben McKay
BUST. Was never a 1st round pick and we over reached. Doesn't have the drive, doesn't have the desire, doesn't have the footy smarts, doesn't have the mongrel. Sorry all i see is a big ball of dopey fluff.

Jamie McMillan
Look he tries, you have to respect that, but in the end just doesn't have the skill level to be anything more than he has ever been, close but not quite. So many better options right now and in development, it's time JMac accepted he's better letting go and moving into coaching and development. Does have a good football mind.

Aaron Hall
We missed him at his prime and outside influences haven't helped since then. Even as depth material there are still so many ifs buts and maybes. "IF" he plays in honesty it's just stifling what could be the development of younger future. Get around the kids, share some knowledge then say thank you and goodnight.

Mason Wood
Could be, Would be, Should be. BUT HASN'T. I love Mason but reality has to hit somewhere. For some reason it just hasn't worked out. It's 2020 or bust. Of all players mentioned I do hope Mason is the one to prove me wrong. Sadly I think the odds are against it.

Bring it on!

FWIW, I won’t stick a fork in anyone as yet, most have only played under Scott, and I’m yet to be convinced as to whether they were duds or poorly managed/ developed

I want to see if deficiencies can be rectified under the new regime , but the names mentioned above would be under the most scrutiny

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
Been a long time but I'm back.

Let's start some fun debate and disagreement.

At the end of 2020 who is done and why?

For me:

Dom Tyson
Was never what we needed, was never at the standard, too far back in line to see much best 22 time. Just doesn't stand out in any way, in every aspect we have better options. Should be a solid VFL contributor.

Ben McKay
BUST. Was never a 1st round pick and we over reached. Doesn't have the drive, doesn't have the desire, doesn't have the footy smarts, doesn't have the mongrel. Sorry all i see is a big ball of dopey fluff.

Jamie McMillan
Look he tries, you have to respect that, but in the end just doesn't have the skill level to be anything more than he has ever been, close but not quite. So many better options right now and in development, it's time JMac accepted he's better letting go and moving into coaching and development. Does have a good football mind.

Aaron Hall
We missed him at his prime and outside influences haven't helped since then. Even as depth material there are still so many ifs buts and maybes. "IF" he plays in honesty it's just stifling what could be the development of younger future. Get around the kids, share some knowledge then say thank you and goodnight.

Mason Wood
Could be, Would be, Should be. BUT HASN'T. I love Mason but reality has to hit somewhere. For some reason it just hasn't worked out. It's 2020 or bust. Of all players mentioned I do hope Mason is the one to prove me wrong. Sadly I think the odds are against it.

Bring it on!

I didn’t much care for religious education back in the day, but my recollection was that “Him” (capitalised) was a reference to god. So if your are saying we should put a fork in god, I’m all for it.

nicko74

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FWIW, I won’t stick a fork in anyone as yet, most have only played under Scott, and I’m yet to be convinced as to whether they were duds or poorly managed/ developed

I want to see if deficiencies can be rectified under the new regime , but the names mentioned above would be under the most scrutiny

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I concur with that

Davante Adams > Bryan Adams > Leigh Adams > Ryan Adams whoever the **** he is.
Herbert Adams? He made lovely pies you know :-D Grizzly Adams? I won't mention Gerry Adams 🙃

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jimmy Addams

1578949854134.png

Back