Opinion Footy was better with Channel 10's 5 minute warning

Was footy better with the 5 minute warning?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think Quarters' ionic 'Leo Barry You Star' is made more meaningful by not knowing how much time was left in the telecast.

Also having a five minute warning makes it slightly harder for teams to milk the clock/chip the ball backwards in close games.

Noone should know how much time is left except the official timekeepers. Not players. Not the crowd. Not the players. not the coach or the bench.
And not tv viewers.

Like at ground, tv should have count up clock too from the start of every quarter.

Noone should know how much time is left except the official timekeepers. Not players. Not the crowd. Not the players. not the coach or the bench.
And not tv viewers.

Like at ground, tv should have count up clock too from the start of every quarter.

Prone to corruption, though, if only one party has access to the time and there's no accountability for it.

Prone to corruption, though, if only one party has access to the time and there's no accountability for it.
Each team provides a timekeeper or official And they are all together in the room with the button.
and its video recorded as a failsafe to HQ.

Each team provides a timekeeper or official And they are all together in the room with the button.
and its video recorded as a failsafe to HQ.

Then what's the dispute resolution process is a timekeeper does not agree with another party?

What if we had a voice come on at the 2 minute remaining mark that just repeated *insert team name* IS DOOMED over and over if a team is down by more than 18 points?

That would be exciting to see how the losers react.

I also believe that there should be two opposite exit points from each AFL stadium, one lined the nice lights and beds of beautiful flowers and the other a dark and dingy alley with rubbish and graffiti. Winning teams fans would get to stop and smell the flowers while the losers speed walk past broken bottles and cat s**t.

See, i have got ideas too man!

And not tv viewers.

I like the crowd/tv not knowing the time.
I don’t think keeping the time away from the teams is a worthwhile venture, it’s such a valuable piece of information they would absolutely have someone taking it, if not already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Quarters and 05 was more iconic.

Huddos iconic call was the Nick Davis last quarter against the cats.

'Iconic' isn't a term that can only be attached to one thing at a time.

'Who would've thought the sequel could be just as good as the original?' lives long in our hearts down West Coast way.

Back