Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been changing stations more often lately, sometimes listening to Triple M or Gold, especially when I'm cycling.
I've said this before, but it's got me f**ked how that Pommy guy on Gold FM breakfast rates so well. I suppose I'm not in the ratings demographic that enjoy those insanely sh1t fm breakfast programs, where the M.O. is to simply fake laugh hysterically at everything.

I hear the promos for the Gold show, and the 2 cackling campaigners on air with him sound like f*n idiots. He must go home to his missus and say, " I can't believe Aussies are listening to the sh1t we dish up every morning"

"Good morning"
"ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha"
"I didn't sleep very well last night."
"ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha"

the good old Cackle Chorus.

It lacks someone like a Leapin Larry, Hedley Gritter, Humprey B Flaubert (funniest man alive- knows his sport) late at night, once a week will do. In between doing the racing engines I was a house painter and had RRR on the job...Leapin Larry had a show with some other bloke and it was akin to a podcast to-day; just random stuff, like lots of Richmond FC, Dim Sim reviews etc etc does anybody remember this or was it the fumes?

It lacks someone like a Leapin Larry, Hedley Gritter, Humprey B Flaubert (funniest man alive- knows his sport) late at night, once a week will do. In between doing the racing engines I was a house painter and had RRR on the job...Leapin Larry had a show with some other bloke and it was akin to a podcast to-day; just random stuff, like lots of Richmond FC, Dim Sim reviews etc etc does anybody remember this or was it the fumes?
It’s your birthday today!

Happy birthday!

Don’t mind Dwayne so far. Albeit listened to 15 mins. He speaks smoothly without um and ahs.
Dave hussey congratulated him on being on sen.

Dwayne said it’s been a long time coming.

What do you think that means??
I thought it was a good start, even Gaze wasn't annoying with him . Gossage has been the find of the summer.

Dwayne will bring a plethora of experience in presenting as the summer of tennis, basketball, cricket rolls on. When footy starts he will provide regular updates and discussion on international sports as they are hitting their straps including the NBA, MLB, Euro 2020 and the Olympics

is whately heading over to call the superbowl?

I believe he is, but i don't understand why.
Anyone who follows the game would watch on tv.
Only a small % of sen audience would really be interested.
Surely theres a generic radio call Hutchy could buy for not too much.
NFL is surely not Poindexters area of expertise anyway.
What is the point of the trip?

Anyone who follows the game would watch on tv.
Only a small % of sen audience would really be interested.
Surely theres a generic radio call Hutchy could buy for not too much.
NFL is surely not Poindexters area of expertise anyway.
because hutchy thinks Gerard is better than sliced bread and thinks people want to listen to an Australian call the game. Which I’m pretty sure no one wants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At work I listen to the nfl on tunein premium on Monday mornings. If nfl fans in this country wanted to listen to games on the radio that’s where they’d go. SEN barely even broadcasted the games. It was talking and a lot of ads mixed in with some game action

So not unlike any other program on sen

Have sen broadcast nfl through their season

is whately heading over to call the superbowl?
He is unfortunately.

They talk up his call of the last two Superbowls as revolutionary. It has been bog ordinary. He can't even use the terminology correctly.

Example, in the Eagles-Patriots Superbowl, he kept calling both quarterbacks out of playaction, before the ball was snapped! This isn't possible. I'm assuming he meant shotgun? Perhaps someone who knew should have mentioned it to him.

He wouldn't get a gig calling NFL on local radio in the US.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would have been a carrot offered to get Gerard to get to SEN.

Most of the other's were happy for free pizza and a weekly-rub-down at the local Thai-one-on.

He is unfortunately.

They talk up his call of the last two Superbowls as revolutionary. It has been bog ordinary. He can't even use the terminology correctly.

Example, in the Eagles-Patriots Superbowl, he kept calling both quarterbacks out of playaction, before the ball was snapped! This isn't possible. I'm assuming he meant shotgun? Perhaps someone who knew should have mentioned it to him.

He wouldn't get a gig calling NFL on local radio in the US.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're an nfl fan, so I happily bow to your expertise here. Remember his colour commentator thought GW had called the game for years and was very impressed with him.

Incidentally, Gossage interviewed a college football person before. Great interview re clemson vs LSU (battle of the Tigers). Can I ask you a question? You know all the "bowl" games in college football....is there any relevance to the name (cotton, rose etc)? Are certain teams only permitted to play in certain bowl games?

You're an nfl fan, so I happily bow to your expertise here. Remember his colour commentator thought GW had called the game for years and was very impressed with him.

Incidentally, Gossage interviewed a college football person before. Great interview re clemson vs LSU (battle of the Tigers). Can I ask you a question? You know all the "bowl" games in college football....is there any relevance to the name (cotton, rose etc)? Are certain teams only permitted to play in certain bowl games?
College bowl games are played between the winners/runners up of certain conferences but my understanding is occasionally this can be mixed up (but rarily is)

Cotton bowl and rose bowl are the stadiums the games are played in or at least were as the Cotton bowl is now played in AT&T stadium

I’d imagine only reason they’d read here is to seek positive comments about themselves, therefore got to be prepared to take the knocks. Or he can simply avoid reading, which he probably has already done.
Intelligent people tend to be inquisitive, so he is probably looking at other interesting viewpoints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back