• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs won’t be as young this year as what I thought.

Suckling
Wood
trengove
Wallis
Liberatore
keath
Bruce
Lloyd
Dickson
Duryea

All 27 or older.

Adelaide or Essendon

I'll go Dons because I see them being good enough to contend for 8th, but not good enough to build a contending team on. I just feel there's no premiership in the short or longer term.

Most teams actually have lists that could contend at some point. So it was interesting to look and not see anyone I'd avoid. Just some that are less desirable than others.

Suckling
Wood
trengove
Wallis
Liberatore
keath
Bruce
Lloyd
Dickson
Duryea

All 27 or older.

Many of these guys are very replaceable or already have been cycled out in favour of younger, more talented players.

In any case their window is just about to open again and plenty will still be around if they’re good enough to retain their spots.

Suckling
Wood
trengove
Wallis
Liberatore
keath
Bruce
Lloyd
Dickson
Duryea

All 27 or older.
In terms of team fielded week by week, we're still one of the younger sides. Trengove is no longer best 22 (got dropped at the end of 2019 season) while Dickson, Wood, Wallis and Libba will be fighting for some pretty tight spots.

Dickson will have to compete with Bailey Dale
Wood compete with a number of our interceptors
Out of Wallis + Libba, I can see one of them dropping in and out of the side (more likely Wallis) as they're behind Bont, Macrae and Dunkley, while competing for a place with McLean
Lloyd's last 6 or 7 weeks were pretty average after his otherwise great season, so he might be at risk while coming up against Dickson, Dale and Gowers in that medium forward position.

But yes, we do have a bit more experience in the side now. Suckling, Keath, Bruce and Duryea will undoubtedly be best 22 next year, while Libba and Wood should be in there too so long as they stay fit. I doubt we're in the youngest group anymore, must be approaching middle of the pack soon in terms of age

I wouldn't want their list either, considering how hard they find it to win interstate.

Would never make finals if they had to fly every second week.

Definitely not the list I'd like the least though.
TBH, interstate form is meaningless so long as Gil and Co continue to suck off Victorians. Wouldn't matter if Richmond got flogged by 100+ points every time they left the state, because their form at the MCG is good enough to make them a threat in finals regardless. They have one of the most enticing lists I'd say

TBH, interstate form is meaningless so long as Gil and Co continue to suck off Victorians. Wouldn't matter if Richmond got flogged by 100+ points every time they left the state, because their form at the MCG is good enough to make them a threat in finals regardless. They have one of the most enticing lists I'd say
What I mean is that if their current team replaced the WCE team we’d win 12 games max a season

Essendon's list must have changed dramatically given people's predictions 12 months ago compared to now.

Bombers or Saints. Just nothing there.

(Except a whole lot of wishful thinking in the case of the bombers and overstating of talent - although if that were the case the Blues would be in there too but I wouldn't mind them purely to work with Cripps).

In other words our 1 to 4 year players are better than yours
If you would like that title to make you feel better than please have it. As I said our future is in good hands with the quality of our list. Some of the names you listed will not make it in the AFL. Please tell me how many of the players you listed will be top 50 AFL players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't want their list either, considering how hard they find it to win interstate.

It’s really the stuff of genius .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol, the interstate thing is debunked, we are good away

Back