Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Just to break up the constant North Melbourne hate I thought I would introduce a totally irrelevant list of
teams representation in my top 50 players. Now I am no Sheahan or Robinson, thankfully, but this does
make a subtle reference to top end talent. Everyone knows that age demographic, continuity, cohesion
and growth of young talent, leadership and variety play a huge role in list, but you must have top end
talent as well.

West Coast: 6
GWS Giants: 5
Brisbane: 5
Richmond: 4
Collingwood: 4
Sydney: 4
Western Bulldogs: 3
Adelaide: 3

Hawthorn: 2
Geelong: 2
Fremantle: 2
Melbourne: 2
North Melbourne: 2
St Kilda: 2
Port Adelaide: 1
Essendon: 1
Gold Coast: 1
Carlton: 1
Richmond only four? Hahaha. Martin, Riewoldt, Lynch, Grimes, Edwards, Cotchin and Prestia walk into the top fifty. Would like to know which Gold Coast player it is that was rated ahead of the aforementioned players as well. They don’t have one player that would make our side, let alone be anywhere near our top ten.

Richmond only four? Hahaha. Martin, Riewoldt, Lynch, Grimes, Edwards, Cotchin and Prestia walk into the top fifty. Would like to know which Gold Coast player it is that was rated ahead of the aforementioned players as well. They don’t have one player that would make our side, let alone be anywhere near our top ten.

You're delusional if you think Jarrod Witts, Lachie Weller, David Swallow and Brayden Fiorini would not have a claim to a spot in the first 22.

The one would be Jarrod Witts, who would easily take the first ruck spot in a hypothetical Richmond/GC side.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Richmond won a higher percentage of games interstate than West Coast did last season. Your travel myth has been busted. Sorry.
All 4 of them in the regular season.

Richmond 8-8 during regular season last 3 years, including 3 games against GC at Metricon. Not exactly elite.

Won the ones that counted though.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cotchin top 50 players in the league.. haha, not in 2019.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
You're delusional if you think Jarrod Witts, Lachie Weller, David Swallow and Brayden Fiorini would not have a claim to a spot in the first 22.

The one would be Jarrod Witts, who would easily take the first ruck spot in a hypothetical Richmond/GC side.
Where do we hide all these players?

And Witts is ahead of which three Richmond players that I mentioned exactly?

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I take it you look at SuperCoach scores and never watch us play.
No

Saw him play live once this year against Brisbane in Rd 23. First game back from injury I believe but had zero impact on the game.
Watched a handful of your games this year, not all of them.

I reckon there were 100 better players this year.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
All 4 of them in the regular season.

Richmond 8-8 during regular season last 3 years, including 3 games against GC at Metricon. Not exactly elite.

Won the ones that counted though.
What does 2017 have to do with now? We’re a completely different team.

The fact is Richmond travel better than WCE. You can’t argue against numbers. Plus WCE get to play s**t sides like Carlton as well.

Where do we hide all these players?

And Witts is ahead of which three Richmond players that I mentioned exactly?

Out of the flag side, Soldo, Bolton and Baker would be most at risk from the Gold Coast players I mentioned.

Witts is ahead of Nankervis, that is not even a debate.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What does 2017 have to do with now? We’re a completely different team.

The fact is Richmond travel better than WCE. You can’t argue against numbers. Plus WCE get to play s**t sides like Carlton as well.
Adjusted for the strength of opponent I don't think this holds true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
He's right.
He/she didn’t even name like for like players. For example, how does Swallow replace Baker, Bolton or Soldo? You’re robbing our side of crucial structure players to fit in a mediocre midfielder who Richmond recruiters clearly avoid. Swallow would not cut the mustard in our lineup.

The problem with these casual Richmond watchers is that they’re not very observant and don’t understand the value of certain players to our game plan. They just rely on SuperCoach scores and think “the higher the better”.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He/she didn’t even name like for like players. For example, how does Swallow replace Baker, Bolton or Soldo? You’re robbing our side of crucial structure players to fit in a mediocre midfielder who Richmond recruiters clearly avoid. Swallow would not cut the mustard in our lineup.

The problem with these casual Richmond watchers is that they’re not very observant and don’t understand the value of certain players to our game plan. They just rely on SuperCoach scores and think “the higher the better”.

I was referring to Witts being a walk-up start.

Also Soldo is not crucial to anything and you're criminally underrating David Swallow, take your own advice and actually other teams.

The problem with these Richmond supporters is they think every player on their is the greatest thing ever.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

When you're talking about top 50 players in the league, you are rating each player on their own merit, not how they fit into their own teams structure.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Well I hope he has another 'top 50' season for you then.
He had hamstring problems this season but nice injury troll. When he was up and firing late in the year he had huge game changing moments. He was one of our best in the semi in Brisbane and the prelim against Geelong. Lifted in both games when they were on the line.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I wouldn't want their list either, considering how hard they find it to win interstate.

Would never make finals if they had to fly every second week.

Definitely not the list I'd like the least though.

Played the top ranked interstate team week one of finals and flogged them.

How did the Eagles fair travelling away from Subi?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Essendon's list must have changed dramatically given people's predictions 12 months ago compared to now.
I'd imagine the Daniher and Fantasia situations make the difference. Both struggling with injury, both wanted out at one point, and they're among your most exciting and best players. If they got their s**t together and played out full seasons at their best, Essendon would probably win a final

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I was referring to Witts being a walk-up start.

Also Soldo is not crucial to anything and you're criminally underrating David Swallow, take your own advice and actually other teams.

The problem with these Richmond supporters is they think every player on their is the greatest thing ever.
I’m just not sure where we’d hide him. There’s a reason why guys like Caddy, Townsend, C. Ellis, Miles, etc. didn’t make it in our midfield.

Soldo is our number one ruckman and was brilliant after the bye. We would be worse off if we were to replace him with David Swallow. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Only Richmond fans would think Cotchin, Edwards and Prestia are top 50 players

Back