MMA-UFC UFC 246 - McGregor Vs Cowboy

Masvidal will drop down cause Usman and those boys are too big for him.

did alright v a big 170 Till and against Diaz & Askren

Saying he can make 155 and actually moving to 155 is a totally different thing

Plus wtf would have moved down weight when he is destroying fighters at 170? It makes no sense

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
did alright v a big 170 Till and against Diaz & Askren

Saying he can make 155 and actually moving to 155 is a totally different thing

Plus wtf would have moved down weight when he is destroying fighters at 170? It makes no sense

The guys he has beaten at 170 aren’t great. Askren probably is okay but got caught. But in the realms of a title shot he hasn’t fought a contender. Got beaten by both Wonderboy and Maia. Woodley, Covington and Usman would handle him, but the ground game weaknesses of everyone but Khabib at 155 make him a weapon.

The guys he has beaten at 170 aren’t great. Askren probably is okay but got caught. But in the realms of a title shot he hasn’t fought a contender. Got beaten by both Wonderboy and Maia. Woodley, Covington and Usman would handle him, but the ground game weaknesses of everyone but Khabib at 155 make him a weapon.

Im sorry but you are clueless.

Till was coming off a world title fight when he ko'ed him

Askren and Diaz are top level opponents and he handelded them well.

The fighters you mentioned beat him in split decisions a few years back and have a long hard look at Wonderboy & Maias credentials before you say they were bad loses

If Jorge wants it, the next title shot at 170 is his

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Im sorry but you are clueless.

Till was coming off a world title fight when he ko'ed him

Askren and Diaz are top level opponents and he handelded them well.

The fighters you mentioned beat him in split decisions a few years back and have a long hard look at Wonderboy & Maias credentials before you say they were bad loses

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Wonderboy wasn’t a split decision. It was unanimous.

Til got a Hardy like title shot gift due to the demographics. There are title shots and there are title shots.

There are three fighters of champion quality in the division and he hasn’t fought one of them.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson

Til got a Hardy like title shot gift due to the demographics. There are title shots and there are title shots.

There are three fighters of champion quality in the division and he hasn’t fought one of them.
Come on man. Till just beat Gastelum. He’s very legit

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland

Till got a title shot off of beating Wonderboy and just beat Gastelum at 185. That was a great win for Jorge in Till's backyard.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Till got a title shot off of beating Wonderboy and just beat Gastelum at 185. That was a great win for Jorge on Till's backyard.

185 is better for Til and worse for Gastelum. Gastelum could be champ at 170 if he had proper nutrition. He’s still sharp at 185 but the power doesn’t translate and if he isn’t putting them away he’ll always be out pointed due to reach.

185 is better for Til and worse for Gastelum. Gastelum could be champ at 170 if he had proper nutrition. He’s still sharp at 185 but the power doesn’t translate and if he isn’t putting them away he’ll always be out pointed due to reach.
bullshit

Gastelum went into the 5th round 2-2 v Adesanya 6 months ago.

Now he is not good enough at the division because of his reach (despite almost beating a guy with an insanely long reach at 185)

And Masvidal ko's Till after he was in a title fight, destroys Askren and convincingly beats Diaz and is now in line for a title bout at 170 but you think he is in the wrong class because of a couple of close loses to top contenders over 2 years ago?

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mama's cooking can't be denied.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Khabib is going to destroy any man put in an octagon with him at 155, it is that simple.

Including Ferguson. But this thread isn't about that.

I'm buying back into the Connor hype. I'll admit it.

I know it's all a show but I can't help it. The Connor redemption story arc is captivating stuff.

And if somebody like me is buying into the Connor hype, you had better believe the casuals are buying back in, bigtime.

UFC 246 to do huge sale numbers and if Connor wins (whether the fix is in or not) then this will be the year of McGregor.

And I love it.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
bullshit

Gastelum went into the 5th round 2-2 v Adesanya 6 months ago.

Now he is not good enough at the division because of his reach (despite almost beating a guy with an insanely long reach at 185)

And Masvidal ko's Till after he was in a title fight, destroys Askren and convincingly beats Diaz and is now in line for a title bout at 170 but you think he is in the wrong class because of a couple of close loses to top contenders over 2 years ago?

Adesanya didn't fight well and Gastelum fought the best fight of his career and still got finished despite landing his best shots. He's beaten a 37 year old (Kennedy), two 39 year olds (Souza and Bisping) and a 40 year old (Belfort) at middleweight. With the exception of Souza, who'd been KO'd by Whitaker the fight before that, the rest of them were coming of being KO'd. He hasn't fought Romero, Whitaker, Cannonier or Costa and lost to Til.

This is all splitting hairs but you have be honest about the truly elite guys vs also rans who have luck with timing and suitable opponents.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Adesanya didn't fight well and Gastelum fought the best fight of his career and still got finished despite landing his best shots. He's beaten a 37 year old (Kennedy), two 39 year olds (Souza and Bisping) and a 40 year old (Belfort) at middleweight. With the exception of Souza, who'd been KO'd by Whitaker the fight before that, the rest of them were coming of being KO'd. He hasn't fought Romero, Whitaker, Cannonier or Costa and lost to Til.

This is all splitting hairs but you have be honest about the truly elite guys vs also rans who have luck with timing and suitable opponents.
All you've done is bend facts to suit the narrative you've decided. Adesanya didn't fight well because Gastelum is good. Simple.
Masvidal has been awesome at 170.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland

Adesanya didn't finish Gastelum.

To look at the other end of the spectrum, his wins at 185 were Kennedy who was coming off a fight many thought he should have won against Romero, Bisping one fight removed from being middleweight champion, Souza who had only lost 2 of 10 UFC fights and former light heavyweight champion Belfort.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

To look at the other end of the spectrum, his wins at 185 were Kennedy who was coming off a fight many thought he should have won against Romero, Bisping one fight removed from being middleweight champion, Souza who had only lost 2 of 10 UFC fights and former light heavyweight champion Belfort.
No apparently Miocic and Cormier are easy beats at heavyweight because of their age.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory

No apparently Miocic and Cormier are easy beats at heavyweight because of their age.

He did, the ref just didn't jump in. Look at the last 20 seconds of that fight, ref tells Gastelum to fight back and then he proceeds to take 7 unanswered blows to the face including getting crumpled. Gross negligence from the ref is the only reason that isn't a stoppage.

The context of their careers are clear for all. Souza was the only one that wasn't cooked but even still he's looked a class down from before the Romero fight. Bisping was ducking the savages in the division because he knew a brutal finish was on it's way and even GSP delivered it despite not being able to do it in the welterweight division for years. Kennedy was unlucky with Romero but also was brutalised in that last exchange which shortened his career. These are old men who have gone through wars and it was clearly near breaking point. Ala late stage Liddell.

Miocic and Cormier didn't have a string of losses and life altering wars like these guys have.

Last edited:

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He did, the ref just didn't jump in. Look at the last 20 seconds of that fight.

The context of their careers are clear for all. Souza was the only one that wasn't cooked. Bisping was ducking the savages in the division because he knew a brutal finish was on it's way and even GSP delivered it despite not being able to do it in the welterweight division for years. Kennedy was unlucky with Romero but also was brutalised in that last exchange which shortened his career. Souza was still in okay touch, but these are old men who have gone through wars and it was clearly near breaking point. Ala late stage Liddell.

Miocic and Cormier didn't have a string of KO loses like these guys have.

Back to one of the original points good luck sleeping on Till. That guy will scare everyone at 185 and he's in that division because he got destroyed by the bloke who's apparently not good enough for 170.

Again you will be pretty embarrassed when you realise how good Masvidal looks at 170. He destroyed Diaz in a way you don't see, a Diaz btw who had just beaten Showtime.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Back to one of the original points good luck sleeping on Till. That guy will scare everyone at 185 and he's in that division because he got destroyed by the bloke who's apparently not good enough for 170.

Again you will be pretty embarrassed when you realise how good Masvidal looks at 170. He destroyed Diaz in a way you don't see, a Diaz btw who had just beaten Showtime.

I like Til at 185. Reminds me a bit of Rumble Johnson, who also had no business at welterweight. Not quite as big as RJ but wouldn't be surprised to see him at 205 in his mid 30's.

Also I said Masvidal's not good enough to win the title. He's good enough to sit at the back end of top 5 for a few years. He'd immediately get a title shot at 155 if he dropped down.

I see Showtime as in the realm of these older guys but a long time before he should be washed up. Looked good for the first time in a while in the Thompson fight but ST gave him time that others haven't. Which is a shame cause when he won the title he looked like he was going to be a great. His descent was surprising to because it didn't really come from a bad KO or wars, just wasn't as sharp and creative one day. Maybe winning the title killed the fire or the competition figured him out.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I like Til at 185. Reminds me a bit of Rumble Johnson, who also had no business at welterweight. Not quite as big as RJ but wouldn't be surprised to see him at 205 in his mid 30's.

Also I said Masvidal's not good enough to win the title. He's good enough to sit at the back end of top 5 for a few years. He'd immediately get a title shot at 155 if he dropped down.

I see Showtime as in the realm of these older guys but a long time before he should be washed up. Looked good for the first time in a while in the Thompson fight but ST gave him time that others haven't. Which is a shame cause when he won the title he looked like he was going to be a great. His descent was surprising to because it didn't really come from a bad KO or wars, just wasn't as sharp and creative one day. Maybe winning the title killed the fire or the competition figured him out.
Why don't you think Masvidal could beat Usman or Colby

Also he doesn't automatically get a title shot at 155 he's a 170 fighter.. Gaethje and McGregor are in front of him.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Till got beaten by Woodley and Masvidal who both were at their best weight class and at respectively at their peak while he was Struggling to hit the weight class

Till wasnt ment for welterweight, Looked great at middleweight and im keen to see how he goes next fight. Im not going to pump his tyres because while talented he did get found wanting against the pointy end of the division last time

Wonder if he will go around against next. Hermannson, Or whoever out of Costa or Yoel who doesnt get the Israel title fight? I think it again maybe too soon to get to fight to see

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace

Also he doesn't automatically get a title shot at 155 he's a 170 fighter.. Gaethje and McGregor are in front of him.
Me? I dont see anyone beating Usman right now. Rate him highly. He was highly emotional and reckless and fought and confirmed to Colby's style, and still stopped him playing Colby's game. This is after his last fight of out-wrestling and mauling Woodley.

Colby/Masvidal, hard. Ild really like to see them go at it, but both Colby and Usman have 5+ month layoffs?

Also agree Masvidal has no business at 155, He's on fire at 170. Let him either fight Colby or Usman next.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Me? I dont see anyone beating Usman right now. Rate him highly. He was highly emotional and reckless and fought and confirmed to Colby's style, and still stopped him playing Colby's game. This is after his last fight of out-wrestling and mauling Woodley.

Colby/Masvidal, hard. Ild really like to see them go at it, but both Colby and Usman have 5+ month layoffs?

Also agree Masvidal has no business at 155, He's on fire at 170. Let him either fight Colby or Usman next.

Nah not you other mate but I wouldn't exactly say Usman played Colby's game. Both of them are wrestlers and tbh until the 5th round finish could easily have been Colby's fight. Masvidal is 3x times the stand up fighter of both of those guys.

Woodley was so far from his best it's not even worth talking about although take nothing away from Usman he's a beast but I think he's holding it before better strikers move up the division

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory

Well I mainly think they are of much better calibre than anyone he's beaten before. But could is different to will and if they go away from their strengths and choose to stand with him sure, he'd be a big chance. If they stick to their natural games and pressure him constantly it'll go the way of his Henderson/Maia/Khabilov fights as they both have better take downs than any of those guys listed. I also think they have enough tools on the feet to avoid rushing in like Askren. For mine it's matter of three blokes (Woodley may be going to 185 wait and see) with effective attributes standing in front of him.

McGregor for sure even though Khabib would wipe the floor with him again, but am certain White would screw Gaethje if Masvidal dropped.

Back