Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone looking for a bargain - jump on Jack Peterson Petruccelle in the fantasy stakes. Just goes to show that Champion Data are stat nerds without any football IQ

View attachment 805532
Wouldn’t touch him. So many games of 20 to 40 points. He’s high impact and doesn’t get a lot of footy. Not what you want from a fantasy player. Better off picking up the footy magnet rookies like Walsh or mature agers like Kelly

As his sponsor I thoroughly endorse this post and assessment from Gaff. I think this will be his break out year.

We’ve always known he was fit & athletic but he’s taking it to the next level this preseason. Bodes well for 2020 when you’ve got 3rd/4th year players leading the charge fitness wise in preseason.

So what did The West have to say about Brander's new role in 2020?

I'm guessing wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather Oscar forward and Brander back
And you in the middle?
Image result for boom tish gif

So what did The West have to say about Brander's new role in 2020?

I'm guessing wing.

It seems to be pointing that way - all the media pieces about him at the moment appear to be emphasizing running ability, rather than marking or goal-kicking.

Should he be able to hold down that wing-sweeper role that Masten previously fulfilled it will really open up options for the team during a match.

Having a 195cm tall player with good overhead ability dropping into the defensive space as cover should allow the defence to drop a key tall for another runner and pivot towards more aggressive counter-attacking play.

Conversely, should the opposition gain ascendancy elsewhere on the ground, he could be shifted deep as a third tall defender to assist McGovern and Barrass until the time where momentum swings back to club.

If Brander is able to provide such flexibility it will make the team a far harder prospect to overcome.

Turn the highest ranked KPF in the draft into a wingman? Seems legit

Like drafting a mid at 18 and developing them on a half forward flank.

Until Kennedy retires and Brander builds his strength it's perfectly fine if Brander has the tools to play wing.

Westoffe at Port plays wing. Richardson at the Tigers finished on a wing and almost won a Browlow doing it. Riewaldt at the Saints played wing for a time and killed it.

End of the day kp forwards run from defensive 50 to the forward 50 all day long. Not a bad place to do the apprenticeship before Kennedy retires. Much better than playing WAFL.

Last edited:
It seems to be pointing that way - all the media pieces about him at the moment appear to be emphasizing running ability, rather than marking or goal-kicking.

Should he be able to hold down that wing-sweeper role that Masten previously fulfilled it will really open up options for the team during a match.

Having a 195cm tall player with good overhead ability dropping into the defensive space as cover should allow the defence to drop a key tall for another runner and pivot towards more aggressive counter-attacking play.

Conversely, should the opposition gain ascendancy elsewhere on the ground, he could be shifted deep as a third tall defender to assist McGovern and Barrass until the time where momentum swings back to club.

If Brander is able to provide such flexibility it will make the team a far harder prospect to overcome.

Think it's a great move. We need to get 30 to 50 games into Brander before Kennedy retires. KP forwards are expected to run all day in the modern game and spend half their time running through the midfield back and forth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back