Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

An avid supporter with his own youtube channel.

Does a lot of training and match reports. Provides a really valuable, unbiased view on exactly how things are going and where players are at with their development. Stuff like that.

Search for him on youtube :)

Provides great content :)

Plus he is a little more navy blue than most of us could hope to be

Last edited:

Great work BA another sensational piece of, dare I say it journalism, and I guess that is what it is and a very good piece at that, keep it up loving your training reports as I’m in Geelong so I can’t get down there as often as I would like so I really appreciate your work. Thanks again and Happy New Year, Go Blues.

I confess I don’t watch much of the Northern Blues - can anyone please give their opinion on how close TDK is to consistently playing in the senior side? Am I delusional for assuming he is on track to one day become our #1 ruckman? Is he only likely to play due to others being unavailable, or will he force his way into the team either way?
I know this is all speculation - just keen to know how he is tracking.
Is definately on track to being our number 1 ruck however he still has a fair way to go, has an amazing spring and leap and I am really looking forward to seeing some sensational highlights from the big fella in years to come, should take some great marks as a forward as well and I think his spring and leap is his standout attribute.

We might see him get some game time as a forward with H and Charlie looking to miss the early part of the season and I think he is probably better forward than the ruck at this stage in his career but is improving as he puts on size, hopefully he has an injury free run at it this year and if so he could make some good inroads into becoming the player we all hope he can be and getting a bit more time in the seniors.

I like what I see of him when they play him forward. Has ‘power’ in a JDG way without the speed Obvs. Can really ‘launch’ at it and take the ball in front of his eyes.
His disposal by foot is what really excites me, really nails his passes to the forwards and knows how to place it to the forwards advantage every time, have rewatched some of the games from the second half of the year and his foot skills really stood out, hopefully he can start getting a bit more of the ball as he can be a real weapon for us delivering inside 50, with his slimming down over pre season and the fact he seems to finally be over his ankle problems I’m hoping he can get a bit more zip in his step and maybe push for a bit more midfield rotation time. Let’s hope this is his year to finally show us why SOS got him to the club and why he was a highly rated junior.

The impressive thing for me was MCG easily kept up with Gibbo. His fitness is though the roof. I’m pretty excited what he can do with ‘repeat efforts’ now in his tool
Kit.
That is super impressive that he was able to keep up with Gibbo who is a really strong gut runner himself, wow hope he keeps it up as he could really explode onto the competition this year, to have both him and Charlie able to cover lots of ground will be a huge asset for us going forward, would like to see CC and McG spend a lot more time in the goal square next year as I think they both have a lot more tricks than big H in one on one contests in the goal square, to be able to rotate them between link man and goal square would be a massive weapon.

No Stocker isn’t showing enough. He’s still back end of the running. Still lacking mobility/agility. Nice kicking and so on but he’d be out of the best 8/9 mids. And a long way behind Willo, Doc, SpS, Simmo and Newman for a running defender role.

Gibbo didn’t train with the main group at all today. The addition of Martin and Betts puts a real squeeze on him. I REALLY like the link up / transition footy he brings to the table. He gets involved in play in a very constructive way. That said- I think he will get games based more on injuries to others. But yes, given I would see 4-6 injuries at any given time as the norm, then I’d expect him to play most games.
Yeah spot on about the link up transition play that he gets involved in, was probably the most effective player at this in the second half of the year as he was allowed to push higher up the ground by Teague as a more high half forward role rather than a small forward that Bolts played him as. Will play a lot of good footy for us in the years ahead and is just the sort you want in your team as he just runs all day and never stops working and getting involved.

Great work BA another sensational piece of, dare I say it journalism, and I guess that is what it is and a very good piece at that, keep it up loving your training reports as I’m in Geelong so I can’t get down there as often as I would like so I really appreciate your work. Thanks again and Happy New Year, Go Blues.

Thanks very much for the kind words mate. Go Blues!

Along with a super talented and better balanced list than we have ever previously had, headed by a flux of 5/4/3 year core players all beginning to show us their true potential.
Fourth year seems to be when players can start to really break out and consistently impact games - Weitering, McKay & Jack examples for us, Dunkley, Hopper, Fioroni some others.

We have 3 quality mids in Setters, Fish & SPS entering this phase, and you could throw in Walsh as well who is a freak. I think we'll see a huge difference this year in the midfield and we'll start to really capitilise on Cripps' clearance domination.

With the prospect of Weitering, McGovern & Martin taking the next step, along with adding Doc and Eddie, I can't ******* wait. Not to mention like most I'm quite bullish on Cunners & Jack.

Admittedly I do this to myself every year, but really think our optimism through the rebuild is about to be justified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested to hear from those who attended the last training session what their reading on an approx. best 22 might look like, based on what they saw on the track. Or even some kind of ranking who they thought might make the cut as the 7th smaller defender (alongside Doc, Weits, Plow, Jones & Simmo), what the current forward line might resemble sans Charlie & Harry (Mitch, Eddie, DC, Martin, Levi..... Jack? Kennedy? etc)

Mr_Plow windows1 Windhover BlueAbroad

Fourth year seems to be when players can start to really break out and consistently impact games - Weitering, McKay & Jack examples for us, Dunkley, Hopper, Fioroni some others.

We have 3 quality mids in Setters, Fish & SPS entering this phase, and you could throw in Walsh as well who is a freak. I think we'll see a huge difference this year in the midfield and we'll start to really capitilise on Cripps' clearance domination.

With the prospect of Weitering, McGovern & Martin taking the next step, along with adding Doc and Eddie, I can't ******* wait. Not to mention like most I'm quite bullish on Cunners & Jack.

Admittedly I do this to myself every year, but really think our optimism through the rebuild is about to be justified.
Spot on... 4 years seeems to be when it all starts coming together for most youngsters, and we've had a few with injury interruptions that has stalled things too like Charlie Harry Cunners.
I've been very bullish at the beginning of every year myself but honestly i think the age/games demographic this year is probably the most realistic expectation we've had leading into any season to date so far.
Fingers crossed we can have a reasonable run at it so our classy youngsters can showcase there potential...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back