Greatest Premier League team

Which is the best team to grace the Premier League?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Eras work when talking about a club in isolation but you can't compare them from club to club. because the general mandates (same manager, core team, similar style, a certain trajectory) can last two seasons for one club or eight for another. and that becomes a bit unfair.
A team that dominates for 5 years is better than a team that does so for 3.

A team that dominates for 5 years is better than a team that does so for 3.

Not all title wins are equal though.

Take City in 2017-19 for example. 100 and 98 points in consecutive seasons. For me that’s the most impressive, dominant side I’ve seen in English football. The professionalism to drop so few points in an era where you have 6-7 very good sides, and vastly more quality in the lower half than there was 10 years ago, is incredible.

I’d rate what they did in those 2 seasons above a team winning 3 in a row getting 80-odd points a season.

Not all title wins are equal though.

Take City in 2017-19 for example. 100 and 98 points in consecutive seasons. For me that’s the most impressive, dominant side I’ve seen in English football. The professionalism to drop so few points in an era where you have 6-7 very good sides, and vastly more quality in the lower half than there was 10 years ago, is incredible.

I’d rate what they did in those 2 seasons above a team winning 3 in a row getting 80-odd points a season.
Agree to disagree on that. I think it is harder to keep a group of players motivated to win for 3+ seasons. Lots of players and managers burn out.

My reasons for putting Liverpool top is obviously tongue slightly in cheek, but I actually do expect them to go on and be regarded as the best ever PL side. I can’t see anyone stopping them in the next couple of seasons at least. It’s up to them to fulfill on that promise
Why are you trolling?

We are probably already in the debate. We broke the record for quickest PL win doing it with 7 games to spare. I guess we see how many more records we break before the season is out.
Yeah you did, but Arsenal went undeated, Chelsea lost one game while only letting in 15 goals all season and United won the treble. Even City with their points and gosls scored.

No doubt Pool is a great side, but its in the debate with some other teams. They all have their merits and really its impossible to separate.

This has already been decided.

The Liverpool team that won 3 European Cups in 4 seasons plus many other trophies including league titles is the GOAT English team. You can argue where the Centurions, Invincibles, United treble winners and Chelsea's back to back sides, and even this current Liverpool team, fall into position after that, but they all fall under that great Liverpool team. The fact you had to win the league in those days to qualify for Europe meant itwas harder to do and you played fellow league title winners in Europe, there was no easy opponents. An astonishing accomplishment which will likely never be matched by an English side again.

I say this as a Liverpool fan but I'm hardly being biased. Imagine an English side winning 3 Champions league titles in 4 seasons in this day and age? Well that's the level I'm talking about.

Yeah you did, but Arsenal went undeated, Chelsea lost one game while only letting in 15 goals all season and United won the treble. Even City with their points and gosls scored.

No doubt Pool is a great side, but its in the debate with some other teams. They all have their merits and really its impossible to separate.
I guess we just let the season play out. Depending on how we go and if and how many records we break, we will be right in the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity prior to this season, which side do you think is the best EPL team?
If we are talking Premier League teams over a Premier League season then I dont include the United treble winners. As we are talking about purely league teams.

I have to go with City's Centurions. The point of the league is to accrue as many points as possible so you can win the league. They by far hold the record so for me, they are the best.

City and Liverpool teams past few years are the best.

I do like uniteds 08/09 team though that team had so much fire power up forward. Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Ronaldo, Nani etc.

Only pick Liverpool or city coz of the points rally but that united team was my favourite.

Back