Brad Scott's New Gig At AFL House ….. What A Sham !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton

has been appointed ‘AFL competition evolution manager’ ahead of the 2020 season

With rules, game analysis and growth to be a key part of Scott’s portfolio, he’s expected to work closely with coaches, players and analysts to ensure the game remains healthy and sustainable. Reporting in to head of competition management Rob Auld, Scott will be primarily responsible for analysing current and future game trends.

So Scott gets appointed to a job he was linked to back in September working in a department that keeps growing in size under Hocking's tutelage !!

Why does the league need so many people to try and analyse "trends" ??

Jobs for the who ???

So Scott gets appointed to a job he was linked to back in September working in a department that keeps growing in size under Hocking's tutelage !!

Why does the league need so many people to try and analyse "trends" ??

Jobs for the who ???
What the * is the big deal lol. He coached for a decade and it would be moronic for the AFL to run a business without anyone trying to plan for its future.

Not sure why anyone would be up in arms about this appointment. The guy is articulate, he is no fool, he has been in the AFL system for over 20 years and is still relatively young

Another North Melbourne welfare cheque.

There is obviously an argument that someone of Brad Scott’s experience should be used, but you could say the same about many other ex coaches or players.

Not a lot that have that level of experience that wouldn't get a job with the AFL if they wanted it.

I'm sure there is a 'jobs for the boys' element, and maybe a bit of helping North out, but at the same time, that level of experience and respect (he has to talk to coaches and analysts regularly) is invaluable to them.

He just wrapped up a 10 year senior coaching tenure, was an active member of the AFLCA, and is pretty articulate. Scott was built for one of those AFL house jobs.

I think its a good appointment but I am worried that the AFL is using all that juicy TV money to become an even bigger quango than it already is.
What if in the future the income drops dramatically due to different income streams being less viable will these extra people be shown the door and how much of the current TV windfall is being put away for the future?
Things can turn bad quickly esp if the economy goes belly up in the next few years as some economists are predicting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another North Melbourne welfare cheque.

There is obviously an argument that someone of Brad Scott’s experience should be used, but you could say the same about many other ex coaches or players.

Its not Norths fault, its the AFL pulling the strings in clubland, bit like the Saints home game in China. When your club is in the AFLs grasp, they will come calling.

Good job by Ben Buckley.

Not sure why anyone would be up in arms about this appointment. The guy is articulate, he is no fool, he has been in the AFL system for over 20 years and is still relatively young
He just wrapped up a 10 year senior coaching tenure, was an active member of the AFLCA, and is pretty articulate. Scott was built for one of those AFL house jobs.
Agreed. Why must people continually cast dispersions in his direction?

Not a lot that have that level of experience that wouldn't get a job with the AFL if they wanted it.

I'm sure there is a 'jobs for the boys' element, and maybe a bit of helping North out, but at the same time, that level of experience and respect (he has to talk to coaches and analysts regularly) is invaluable to them.

Imagine being a current coach that wasn't sacked last season and having to listen to this clown about how to do your job

I was surprised it hadn't come up already especially given there were two posts calling him articulate.

He's always seemed like a bit of a dunderhead to me unlike his brother who is genuinely articulate.

I bet Brad was born second.

I'd say he's well spoken, but his attitude gets in the way and can come across as short and sooky. Matthews has talked about how smart Brad is in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back