Ants, ants, everywhere!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive got hundreds (millions)

Came back from Melbourne and they found the packet of dates in the Pantry
Got rid of that and they found the strawberry stalks in the compost

I cant work out thier point of entry it seems to be under the kitchen cabinets and they come out at random points and create highways.
I clean them out with some metho and water and off they go to a new freeway from another direction

It is starting to rain a bit I think they want to move indoors

I had veg chopped for a stir fry
Left it in a bowl on the stove(they avoid the shiny stove...usually) and they were all over it...hundreds
It had brocollini ,snow peas and wom bok .
wat do they want with that ???
The other bowl had spring onion, onion,carrot ,capsicum, chilli,ginger and garlic and they didnt touch that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week or 2 ago I stopped one highway of miniature ants, it was going to the taco box.
There was some crumbs in the bottom that spilled in the packaging process, less than a few bits of dust.
None inside the tacos millions inside the box.

Today's highway was they discovered the icing sugar bag
No holes in it, that I could see, just millions of ants trying to get through to the sugar sugary gold.
That went into a Maconna jar

Waiting for the next invasion

I just put the icing sugar shaker in the freezer
It had a freeway going to it and heaps of ants inside it
They got in under the plastic lid and under the edge of the the mesh
I will have to sift it when they freeze to death and put it back and hope they dont find it again for another year
iu

I just put the icing sugar shaker in the freezer
It had a freeway going to it and heaps of ants inside it
They got in under the plastic lid and under the edge of the the mesh
I will have to sift it when they freeze to death and put it back and hope they dont find it again for another year
iu

So it contained ants and then you put it in the freezer?

How did you go Hawky?
It worked they just die in the freezer
I had some micro ants in my SRF the other day so I made some high protein ginger treacle bread with them in it ,they were too small to sift out and would barely be the equivalent of 2 or 3 ants if you glued them together,it was delicious.

I throw what's leftover from the BBQ, fat,bones, back into the charcoal of the kamado, ready for the next cook.
I saw a mile of ant freeway going along the house up the wall and then up the leg of the Kamado to get to it, in about 2 days
Kamados are pretty air tight, so you can control the temp but they still worked out it was there and got in
I pulled out the blower and blew them of the verandah and off the legs and 30 seconds later they are back like ninjas

Just added bacon fat today will see if they get there before I fire for a tandoori chicken on Monday

Ants have disappeared since Coronavirus arrived.
Good news for me we have millions the curve must be concave here not just flat
Even the small dust speck ones that disappear after the wet season are still here

Good news for me we have millions the curve must be concave here not just flat
Even the small dust speck ones that disappear after the wet season are still here
Has it rained properly where you live for a while? Dunno why but I swear they tend to move indoors after extended periods of dry weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back