Team of the 2010s

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how many times if any those 6 lined up in the same team. I will go with a maximum of 15 games.

11. Of which we won 8.

Higgins wasn't on the list in 2014, Dal Santo wasn't in 2017 so we're only looking at 2015-16. Wells only played the first 2 games of 2015 (a win and loss) and they are 2 of the 11. The other 9 were the first 7 games of 2016 (all wins) and the last 2 games of 2016 (both losses).

11. Of which we won 8.

Higgins wasn't on the list in 2014, Dal Santo wasn't in 2017 so we're only looking at 2015-16. Wells only played the first 2 games of 2015 (a win and loss) and they are 2 of the 11. The other 9 were the first 7 games of 2016 (all wins) and the last 2 games of 2016 (both losses).
Wow thanks for the quick analysis. I wasn’t far off. I feel those last 2 in 2016 they weren’t all fit plus the vibe after the retirements announcements killed us. Shame we never saw them all at close to peak fitness together for longer as based on the stats they seemed pretty unbeatable. I think if you add in Ben Jacobs to those 6 (another who missed huge runs of games) and you have a near perfect midfield. inside bulls in swallow and Cunners defensive mid in Jacobs inside/outside in Higgins and Wells and pure outside in Dal. Shame they all haven’t been as fit and consistent as Goldie has been. I suspect at least one grand final or a flag would have resulted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only North fan that warmed to NDS?!

I liked him too, thought he was ultra professional and was a good servant

But his inclusion in the starting line up ( 3 years/ 62 games) says more about our list than him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Am I the only North fan that warmed to NDS?!
I never loved him. I don’t think it had anything to do with what I had thought of him before he crossed to North either, as I couldn’t stand Waite & Nahas but felt they ‘bought in’ to what we’re all about pretty quickly. My opinions of those two changed very quickly once they started playing for ya.
Nahas & Waite are Shinboners. Dal is a Saint.

FWIW I’d have Jacobs in ahead of him in this team.

I never loved him. I don’t think it had anything to do with what I had thought of him before he crossed to North either, as I couldn’t stand Waite & Nahas but felt they ‘bought in’ to what we’re all about pretty quickly. My opinions of those two changed very quickly once they started playing for ya.

What did you want him to do exactly to 'buy in'?

NDS was pretty decent before the hammy injury, we then gave him the chop, he probably felt hard done by and didn't have the same long ties that the other 3 did.

Not bad.

Would entertain Grima or Mullett over 1 of MacAtley.

No way in hell Mullett makes the team over Jamie or Atley.

Marley Williams would be ahead of Mullet as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back