Bushfires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jazz F Joe Ingles: 1/14/20
Zach talks to Utah forward Joe Ingles about the surging Jazz (4:02), the art and limits of trash talk (19:04), the wild fires ravaging his native Australia (42:53), much more.

We've made it in NBA circles!

I said celebrate fresh air. Not be a dumb ******* and take in more toxins into lungs.
Fresh air is ******* awesome.

Of course I was joking. But why is smoking cigarettes still legal when we know it's much more cancerous than bushfire smoke? Even if you don't smoke you have to breath the toxic s**t any time you walk through the CBD.

Anyone that smokes cigarettes has s**t for brains and deserves an early death.
Particularly younger people, can’t speak for older generations with what they were taught at school, but someone in their teens/early 20’s who starts smoking with all we’ve been taught about the dangers of the stuff is an idiot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Particularly younger people, can’t speak for older generations with what they were taught at school, but someone in their teens/early 20’s who starts smoking with all we’ve been taught about the dangers of the stuff is an idiot

My dad who died from lung cancer almost 18 months ago had no idea of the dangers of cigarettes.
He even worked to a cigarette manufacturer, who would leave them on his desk (and many others) for him to use at no charge.

My dad who died from lung cancer almost 18 months ago had no idea of the dangers of cigarettes.
He even worked to a cigarette manufacturer, who would leave them on his desk (and many others) for him to use at no charge.
Yeah, the culture around smoking in years gone by blows my mind sometimes. The way the culture around smoking has done a complete 180 since those days is quite something

Of course I was joking. But why is smoking cigarettes still legal when we know it's much more cancerous than bushfire smoke? Even if you don't smoke you have to breath the toxic s**t any time you walk through the CBD.
Same reason we still burn coal and have combustion engines everywhere.

Man, enjoyed the rain cleaning up the air a bit for me. Feels so much more fresh now. Hopefully it has done the job of clearing most of smoke haze here.
Await to hear if it dampened a lot of fires in Alpines.

Cheap reliable fuel that we depend of for our way of life. What does that have to do with why smoking cigarettes is still legal?
s**t for our health and the environment but someone's getting rich

Cheap reliable fuel that we depend of for our way of life. What does that have to do with why smoking cigarettes is still legal?

Nothing at all. It's not even an apples and oranges comparison.

We still burn coal and oil/gas because they are cheap, we have built our lives around the infrastructure that does so and we value our personal convenience higher than the future health of the planet.

People still smoke because... I guess they like it and think it's cool? Not sure. We still allow the sale of tobacco products because it's a big fat tax grab. I would not have thought that growing the tobacco and producing a packet of (20? 30? however many is in a small box) cigarettes would cost more than a couple of bucks but they are $30 or $40.

I don't know the figures on tobacco excise vs health system cost, but when I rise to power I will restrict sales based on age at both ends of the spectrum. If you are 50 and have been smoking since 1985 then have at it, you can die of lung cancer if that's your choice. If you are under 18 then you can't buy cigarettes now or ever. Each year the number of people eligible to purchase shrinks until it is eventually 0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back