• Total voters

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Trying to think if Essendon win any of those matchups. Maybe a couple.
True, just taking the pi55, but the whole list versus system and belief is valid. Kane Lambert is a magnificent
example unwanted to third in the B&F in a Premiership year, is he that much better or is it a matter of fitting
a role with clarity provided in a great system that enhances his strengths ?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
True, just taking the pi55, but the whole list versus system and belief is valid. Kane Lambert is a magnificent
example unwanted to third in the B&F in a Premiership year, is he that much better or is it a matter of fitting

Absolutely its about roles, and putting together a list that best complements the skills and abilities of all the players.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dougal Howard is a brilliant pick up for the saints, and Rowan Marshall is gold. Hill is one of the best two way runners in the comp.

Having said that, very few people would have faith in Hanners or Carlisle getting back to their best, due to injury. Jack Steven is a big loss even if he did miss a fair chunk of 2019.
That post was with regards to how much of our salary cap they're all taking up though, and Carlisle (whether he gets back to his best or not- he probably won't, but even close to his best he's still very good) is in the last year of his contract, whereas Hannas probably won't play enough games (especially after missing 17 last season) to trigger the 5th year on his deal, so it's likely just 3 more years for him, and it's probably a front-ended deal.

It's obviously likely that he too won't get back to his best (as it looks like Sydney ran him into the ground until he broke!), but the form he showed once we "rebuilt him" last year was very encouraging, and if he just keeps playing to that sort of level for 2-3 more years, we'd take that.

Probably the main reason we got him was for his experience and leadership (on field and on-track at least, which is said to be exceptional), so getting him back playing anywhere near his very best footy for an extended period would just be a bonus.

As for Steven, obviously we would have much preferred to have kept him, but he only played 7 games last year, 1 of them was not of AFL standard, and only 2 of them were anywhere near his best, so even a full season out of a Zac Jones would be a big upgrade on Jack's 2019 contribution.

Last edited:
Soldo shared the load with Chol that day. Witts does most of it himself. Have the number of ruck contests attended out of curiosity?

In the end it doesn't matter because I highly doubt that many non-Richmond supporters would rate Soldo over Witts.

Yet you got all offended when I dared to suggest that perhaps Soldo would have his place threatened by Witts in a hypothetical Richmond/GC side.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I've actually noticed teams have a far better success rate while tagging Hunter and JJ instead of Macrae. He's both difficult to tag, and can be covered by Dunkley if needed (whereas we have no suitable replacements if Hunter and JJ go missing)

Tim English is probably a season or two away from tearing teams apart in the ruck.

Dare say, he was more advanced than Brodie Grundy at the same age, once he starts to tap into his potential, the Dogs mids will be a bit more difficult to tag/contain, I believe.

And then there is Bailey Smith and his expected growth. Doggies are in very healthy shape for a sustained flag tilt over the next decade, I reckon..

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
In the end it doesn't matter because I highly doubt that many non-Richmond supporters would rate Soldo over Witts.

Yet you got all offended when I dared to suggest that perhaps Soldo would have his place threatened by Witts in a hypothetical Richmond/GC side.
I’m sorry, but you’ve already outed yourself as a casual Richmond watcher so your opinion on all things Richmond related don’t carry much weight, therefore they don’t have the capacity to “offend” me. I also suspect you’re extremely bitter over our recent success (like every other West Coast fan on here) and that further reduces your credibility.

Lastly, you seem hell bent on engaging me and forcing your opinion down my throat, so perhaps I could save you some time by politely informing you that I don’t really give a s**t what you think.

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Soldo shared the load with Chol that day. Witts does most of it himself. Have the number of ruck contests attended out of curiosity?

Chol had 9 hitouts and so did Sam Day.

Maybe R20 was another match Soldo dominated the ruck? Let's see - Gawn 26, Preuss 17, Soldo 14, Chol 6. Nope!

Soldo is just one of those few lucky duds carried to a flag by a talented team

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Maybe R20 was another match Soldo dominated the ruck? Let's see - Gawn 26, Preuss 17, Soldo 14, Chol 6. Nope!

Tell me how many ruck contests they all attended each game or stfu.

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After reviewing the new list changes I have come to the conclusion that I would least want Richmond's list. Only decent things I noticed was an assistant coach or two and a board member. Its actually hilarious and fitting of this WTF period we're in as a world that they've won 2 flags. So yeah, Richmond

I’m sorry, but you’ve already outed yourself as a casual Richmond watcher so your opinion on all things Richmond related don’t carry much weight, therefore they don’t have the capacity to “offend” me. I also suspect you’re extremely bitter over our recent success (like every other West Coast fan on here) and that further reduces your credibility.

Lastly, you seem hell bent on engaging me and forcing your opinion down my throat, so perhaps I could save you some time by politely informing you that I don’t really give a s**t what you think.

For someone who purports not to give a s**t you decided to post that nonsensical rant without even bothering to address the content of the post? So would Witts not displace Soldo in the 2019 premiership side?

Maybe you're best suited to troll in the Bay if you are so sensitive to dissenting opinions.

Enjoy mate.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Not even Hawthorn supporters at our arrogant best ever claimed that premiership ruckman Brent Renouf was equal to one of the top 5 rucks in the league

Even the worst teams would always manage to get 4 or 5 into the best teams side

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Agreed-the tigers flag had 7 players who started as rookies in the flag last year and the first ever category B rookies premiership player-not bad given they have only had one top ten pick in the past decade (vlastiun)

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
For someone who purports not to give a s**t you decided to post that nonsensical rant without even bothering to address the content of the post? So would Witts not displace Soldo in the 2019 premiership side?

Maybe you're best suited to troll in the Bay if you are so sensitive to dissenting opinions.

Enjoy mate.
I could’ve sworn I made it abundantly clear what my opinion on the topic was. Maybe read over the last few pages because going round in circles doesn’t interest me.

You keep spouting the “offended” drivel, yet you’re telling me to go to the Bay. Isn’t that the exact kind of crap that posters over there resort to? Ironic. Maybe take your own advice, kiddo.

I’ve debated the topic at hand, you’ve added nothing worthwhile responding to. You’ve just made it perfectly clear you don’t adequately watch Richmond and you have it in for Richmond, so why should I take you seriously again?

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tell me how many ruck contests they all attended each game or stfu.
Are you truly, seriously trying to buy Soldo a pass by claiming that Chol attended the majority of ruck contests against both GC and Melbourne and that explains his low tap out numbers?

I could’ve sworn I made it abundantly clear what my opinion on the topic was. Maybe read over the last few pages because going round in circles doesn’t interest me.

You keep spouting the “offended” drivel, yet you’re telling me to go to the Bay. Isn’t that the exact kind of crap that posters over there resort to? Ironic. Maybe take your own advice, kiddo.

I’ve debated the topic at hand, you’ve added nothing worthwhile responding to. You’ve just made it perfectly clear you don’t adequately watch Richmond and you have it in for Richmond, so why should I take you seriously again?

Not even answering the question.

Who is the one posting 'nothing worthwhile' and 'drivel' then?

Take a chill pill mate. Kiddo? Haven't heard that for years.

As posted above by you - either address my very relevant post or stfu.

Shadeeq

Debutant
Jun 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It is hard to predict what will happen from season to season let alone years from now. But currently I would rate North Melbourne, Saints and Adelaide the worst. Gc and Carlton are a bit higher because of all the highly rated kids, but it remains to be seen just how good they are.

Then there is a big group of teams I place on a similar level: Essendon, Hawthorn, Port, Sydney, Melbourne, Fremantle. Tempted to put Geelong here too, even if they are a lot more proven. I would have trouble picking who are most likely to win a premiership first out of that lot.

Essendon's list is average, but not as bad as people are saying here. There are holes, and obviously due to trading away draft picks there is a lack of quality youth. But there is a good group of 21-27 year olds which we can build on. The list is clearly ahead of a fair few other teams imo.

Last edited:

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Not even answering the question.

Who is the one posting 'nothing worthwhile' and 'drivel' then?

Take a chill pill mate. Kiddo? Haven't heard that for years.

As posted above by you - either address my very relevant post or stfu.
Why are you asking a question I have already answered? Do you lack basic comprehension or do you just enjoy wasting people’s time? If you chose to ignore my answer, then that’s your problem. Not mine.

I have obviously struck a nerve somewhere along the way with you. Watching you use this thread as a let out has been highly amusing :)

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Are you truly, seriously trying to buy Soldo a pass by claiming that Chol attended the majority of ruck contests against both GC and Melbourne and that explains his low tap out numbers?
I didn’t say Chol attended the majority of hitouts. I also never said Soldo defeated Gawn. Stop twisting my words.

Found the ruck contest attendance numbers yet?

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn’t say Chol attended the majority of hitouts. I also never said Soldo defeated Gawn. Stop twisting my words.

Found the ruck contest attendance numbers yet?
Chol definitely didn't attend the most hitouts - 15 across 2 matches, even less that Soldo's terrible numbers. He must be bad.

Watching you use this thread as a let out has been highly amusing :)

Capture.PNG

But sure, it's me using this thread a 'let out'.

My original point, which I still stand by, is that it's ridiculous to think no one in the Gold Coast side would have a claim to a spot in the Richmond first 22.

Keep on trucking champ.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Chol definitely didn't attend the most hitouts - 15 across 2 matches, even less that Soldo's terrible numbers. He must be bad.
I never said he did. Unless you can provide me the numbers I am asking of you then you’ve got no evidence to support this claim and you’re merely guessing. And if that’s the case then you’re wasting my time.

Cheers

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I never said he did. Unless you can provide me the numbers I am asking of you then you’ve got no evidence to support this claim and you’re merely guessing. And if that’s the case then you’re wasting my time.

Cheers

Richmond 3rd lowest percentage at 37% I guess you think it's all Chol's fault?

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
View attachment 806402

But sure, it's me using this thread a 'let out'.

My original point, which I still stand by, is that it's ridiculous to think no one in the Gold Coast side would have a claim to a spot in the Richmond first 22.

Keep on trucking champ.
Well Brandon Ellis played 23 games last year so there is at least 1. There is no way Ellis would be regarded as Gold Coasts best player

Back