Triple J Hottest 100 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Some good requests in there but terrible odds given.

Have to wait for Sportsbet

ye olde mole

Senior List
Oct 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some good requests in there but terrible odds given.

Have to wait for Sportsbet
Three of those are mine. I backed violent soho, slipknot, skeggs, bring me the horizon and Polaris missing the top 40 because it opened at $4.50 while not great odds are okay. They rolled it into $3.30 after my bet so you need to be quick if you like the odds.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Three of those are mine. I backed violent soho, slipknot, skeggs, bring me the horizon and Polaris missing the top 40 because it opened at $4.50 while not great odds are okay. They rolled it into $3.30 after my bet so you need to be quick if you like the odds.

thought that mightve been you

Apr 1, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Have requested 5 or 6, although they seem to be ignoring them aside from the Flume- Friends to finish higher than. If I recall correctly they opened with terrible odds last year but loosened up a bit a few days later, might be the case again if they aren't getting bites.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
same issue every year... define "finish higher" or "finish lower" or "above" "below"

is it higher/lower in rank or higher/lower numerically.........

Jan 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gents,

thoughts on Holy Holy TMAD finish 11-20 for $9 Sportsbet?

Im not confident it will finish 11-20 but $9 is overs, should be more like $3

Its currently #23 on warm tunas.

I have no idea about the song itself whether its over represented or not, just pointing out an anomaly as I see it.

I am on it for a little bit.

Is this currently up on Sportsbet? I can't find it anywhere..

notarobot

Senior List
Jan 23, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
About 48hrs before the countdown last year requests for odds definitely came in with inside info such as ‘gambino not in top 3 with Travis Scott in the top 3’ and various other options with fisher and Travis Scott.

beteasy clearly has no insider info themselves otherwise they would have better odds available for everything except the winning bets. Their trash odds indicate they are just overly cautious of what punters suggest to them as buildabets.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep if 3 artists shorten on the day of the count be aware... we deciphered last year that the countdown is a weak leak, whilst the top 3 is well kept. People can easily work out the top 3 via elimination

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep if 3 artists shorten on the day of the count be aware... we deciphered last year that the countdown is a weak leak, whilst the top 3 is well kept. People can easily work out the top 3 via elimination
Don't they warn the top 3 to be available to talk to at 8pm-8.30pm after their song is played?

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't they warn the top 3 to be available to talk to at 8pm-8.30pm after their song is played?
Not sure how it works with internationals and the fact ocean alley was in the studio last year when it was announced they won... From memory they were??

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tried uploading a screenshot of it but didnt work. Denzel just tweeted that BoP is leading by a few 100 votes. He shouldn't know that or hes lying. Make of it what you will

Red Dog Styles

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2017
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bit of a novice but loved this thread the last few years, have never bet but you guys are on point its great.
Noticed on points billie ellish bad guy was 4.00 yesterday now 3.00 today with no change to bop 2.20 and tones and i 2.00

Pointsbet*

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

notarobot

Senior List
Jan 23, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Tried uploading a screenshot of it but didnt work. Denzel just tweeted that BoP is leading by a few 100 votes. He shouldn't know that or hes lying. Make of it what you will
Lol, he’s referring to an article that’s getting data from warm tunas so he thinks warm tunas is the offical count.

ye olde mole

Senior List
Oct 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have backed "at least four of the top five by female solo artists" with Beteasy at $1.80.
Not a sure thing, but I think the price is reasonable.

Even if one of Billie Eilish, G-Flip, Mallrat or Thelma Plum drop out of the top five, Tones and I looks the logical one to replace it.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im actually surprised they dont suspend betting on the day given how easy it would be to find out if you were associated with ABC/triple j

No easier than finding out the result of a reality TV show that had its filming completed six weeks prior to air. And there are red herrings all the time there too. Someone always knows the cameraman’s daughter’s singing teacher who heard it off their friend.

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I have backed "at least four of the top five by female solo artists" with Beteasy at $1.80.
Not a sure thing, but I think the price is reasonable.

Even if one of Billie Eilish, G-Flip, Mallrat or Thelma Plum drop out of the top five, Tones and I looks the logical one to replace it.
Did anybody tell Camp Cope about this?

notarobot

Senior List
Jan 23, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
With the hints triple j has given this year I guess you could put a spin on every possible scenario for songs overtaking each other but I don't think bad guy overtaking dance monkey makes sense as an option, because if anything bad guy's popularity should wane in comparison to dance monkey due to looking at spotify plays and with everything I wanted becoming the preferred song from billie for some voters. Bad guy only makes sense moving above BoP but I don't think that was ever in the lead. There sure are a lot of votes being posted for bad guy though. If bad guy and dance monkey were the final two songs in the countdown I would definetly take dance monkey. That said almost no one picked songs 2 and 3 last year so I think it will be likely that 2 of bad guy, dance monkey and BoP fall to 4-6.

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I feel that some on here are significantly overrating how well Bulls on Parade will poll. Bad Guy will poll #1 or #2, I'm sure of it.

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe I'm out of touch, but I feel that some on here are significantly overrating how well Bulls on Parade will poll. Bad Guy will poll #1 or #2, I'm sure of it.
Yeah Bad Guy / Dance Monkey 1-2 for mine.

Everyday voter who doesn't post their votes probably haven't even heard the Like A Versions but love Tones & I. It not just hipsters who vote now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back