Brad Scott's New Gig At AFL House ….. What A Sham !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Steve Hocking - former Geelong player and head of football.
Brad Scott - brother of Geelong coach.

Things looking good for a home final at Kardinia Park. Expect Chris Scott to pull some funky coaching moves, lose the last two H&A games and finish third (and blame someone else for it).

I think its a good appointment but I am worried that the AFL is using all that juicy TV money to become an even bigger quango than it already is.
What if in the future the income drops dramatically due to different income streams being less viable will these extra people be shown the door and how much of the current TV windfall is being put away for the future?
Things can turn bad quickly esp if the economy goes belly up in the next few years as some economists are predicting
They have more money than legitimate things to spend it on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Scott gets appointed to a job he was linked to back in September working in a department that keeps growing in size under Hocking's tutelage !!

Why does the league need so many people to try and analyse "trends" ??

Jobs for the who ???

I'd like to see a corp map with names in each department plus total base salaries and bonuses reported separately.

I'd also like to see who is related to who. Seems to be a fair amount of nepotism at AFL House. Noted the other day two brothers named one being senior and I believe the other working for them.

North employing Scott didn't do much for the Roos, so I can't see why the AFL employing him would help North's cause either.
In his new AFL role, he tries to help out everyone else. This advantages the Roos.

But its more about financial help for the Roos. They improve by getting rid of him, and the AFL gives him a job so they don't have the financial hit from sacking a contracted coach.

West Coast fans seem annoyed. No doubt another Victorian conspiracy to keep them down.

Na. Just another example of how the old boys club is firmly entrenched at AFL House.

I'd rather see the dollars wasted at AFL House go to grass roots footy club's who are struggling to stay afloat.

The bureaucracy gets bigger and fatter whilst the game is dying at the bottom levels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back