Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
yeah ive got both in my team at the moment, The forward line is the hardest to choose at this stage, so i think you can go cheaper in there to get the value picks and then be able to afford both Grundy and Whitfield.

My team is

Lloyd, Laird, Docherty, Young, Gould, Bianco
Macrae, Treloar, Merrett, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Hibberd, Pickett
Grundy, English
Whitfield, DSmith, Brayshaw, CJones, Rankine, Flanders.

Wow yeh not bad especially also having Lloyd and D.Smith aswell

Ill be surprised if your able to have that structure though come round 1. Relies alot on all those rookies being named with another 7-8 on the bench being named

Youngs my D6 and i expect that go into the season unless Gould is also named

Rankine is my F6 but im still cheap in the forwards. CJones F5

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Multiple reports from attendees at Carlton's open training sessions reporting that Sam Docherty is flying, partaking in match simulations with the full team and running past blokes without hesitation. Critically no strapping or the like and basically looks like the old Doch

For those doubting the great man please give yourself a swift and firm uppercut and remember not to look a gift horse in the mouth on March 19

Jul 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Wow yeh not bad especially also having Lloyd and D.Smith aswell

Ill be surprised if your able to have that structure though come round 1. Relies alot on all those rookies being named with another 7-8 on the bench being named

Youngs my D6 and i expect that go into the season unless Gould is also named

Rankine is my F6 but im still cheap in the forwards. CJones F5
Yeah thats the thing, Will more than likely have to reshuffle before Round 1, Im okay with going cheaper with forwards too

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Had a play around with selecting all the uber premos:
DEF: Lloyd
MID: Macrae, Treloar, Conig
RUCK: Grundy, Gawn
FWD: Whit, Smith, Steven

Throwing in the bargains Doc, Titch. With a couple serviceable 'improvers' in Blakely and Curnow. The rest filled with rooks.

Looks like this:

Attachments

• DT list.JPG
    DT list.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 75

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Witts surgery suuuuurely puts the thought of not starting with Grundy to bed for most people?
At this stage I'm not!!

Personally there is too much value in Jacobs and NN for mine.
Happy (currently) to take the chance and have less mid pricers and more premo's elsewhere.

Currently it allows me to have 5 premo's in the mids and in defence have the cash for Sicdog to be at D4 and Roberton at D5.
Also have the cash and toying with the idea of Patton at R3 if there are no other rookie rucks playing. Sick of that position making no $$ all year!!

That said if there are 10 decent cheap rookies named rd,1 then that may change my thinking!!!

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Devastated about Stewart. Was super keen on him - has such a friendly fantasy game.
Witts surgery suuuuurely puts the thought of not starting with Grundy to bed for most people?
Every time these names/articles pop up, it's another name crossed off my round 1 team.
Paid off having a healthy enough side last year.
(Won't mention captain zero late in the season though)

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Every time these names/articles pop up, it's another name crossed off my round 1 team.
Paid off having a healthy enough side last year.
(Won't mention captain zero late in the season though)
Remember it's only January. These injuries are usually overcome by the start of the season

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mitch Hibberd had to be carried off the training ground today after hurting his knee. No further update has been given, so hopefully not too serious,
I'm not saying I'm glad doubt has been cast over his selection but I am saying I'm 20k short of an upgrade elsewhere on DTLive...:moustache:

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Remember it's only January. These injuries are usually overcome by the start of the season

I still wouldn't touch them.
I want full, uninterrupted preseasons in my whole squad.
... though with that said there's probably nothing that can happen to make me not pick Titchell.

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have dived into my little almanac and written down a bunch of interesting stats for each team's fantasy relevant players because I'm a fantasy tragic. Hope these can be of help to any of you guys. Bring on 2020 👊🏼

ADELAIDE

Matt Crouch

Averaged 108.3 post bye.
Averaged 118 across last 5 games.

Brad Crouch
Averaged 103.7 post bye. High pre-bye average may be due to completely fresh body coming off no 2018 season.

Rory Sloane
Averaged 94 post bye, a 9.5 differential on pre bye.
Highest score came in R1.

Brodie Smith
Averaged 12.5 points higher post bye than pre bye.
Finished 2019 season averaging 97.4 in his last 5 games...10.4 points above season average.

Rory Laird
Averaged 9.9 more points in wins over losses. Will Adelaide have a better season?
Averaged 7.6 points better at home.
Reasonably high floor of 74.
Last 5 average of 99.4.
Has averaged 101.7 across the past 3 seasons with lowest seasonal average coming in poor year for the crows. One of my first picked defenders...

Wayne Milera
Averaged 12.4 points more pre bye than post bye.
Lacked ceiling with top score of 103 despite being 75+ at half time.

Reilly O'Brien
Averaged 102.3 post bye.
Failed to perform versus top rucks in Grundy and Gawn posting 48 and 57 respectively. This could be concerning given teams will pay more attention as well as likely sharing the ruck load with Billy Frampton.
22% of games played were 120+.

Paul Seedsman
Averaged 91.8 post bye when subtracting his lowest score for the season (24 versus Port Adelaide).

Rory Atkins
Averaged 22.8 more points in wins than losses.
Shown potential to score with 4 tonnes including 2 over 123+.

Last edited:

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have dived into my little almanac and written down a bunch of interesting stats for each team's fantasy relevant players because I'm a fantasy tragic. Hope these can be of help to any of you guys. Bring on 2020 👊🏼

ADELAIDE

Reilly O'Brien

Averaged 102.3 post bye.
Failed to perform versus top rucks in Grundy and Gawn posting 48 and 57 respectively. This could be concerning given teams will pay more attention as well as likely sharing the ruck load with Billy Frampton.
22% of games played were 120+.

interesting take on ROB...
the 48 was as second fiddle to Jacobs.
but after the schooling by Gawn for 57... ROB averaged 115 for the next 8 and then Jacobs came back in for R22 which was his last game of the season. its all food for thought... new coach new game plan... stay tuned to the articles i guess

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
interesting take on ROB...
the 48 was as second fiddle to Jacobs.
but after the schooling by Gawn for 57... ROB averaged 115 for the next 8 and then Jacobs came back in for R22 which was his last game of the season. its all food for thought... new coach new game plan... stay tuned to the articles i guess
Got to remember that Gawn/Grundy were coming off a break out year at one point in their careers and people probably had similar question marks over them as well at that particular time. ROB could be about to become that next big High scoring fantasy ruck. For me he goes anywhere from 95-105. I think it’ll be closer to the 105 though. Already proven to have a ceiling, consistency and can find the football. 3 big keys to becoming a fantasy star

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Looks like Titchell might not be starting Round 1.....

Would be shocked if he wasn't playing round 1 and i wouldn't even be surprised to see him play our last pre season game.

This is standard Hawthorn media management. We did it with O'meara in his first two years with us, we did it with Scully last season and it seems very similar again this time. Avoid all the hype and pressure that comes from the pre season hype posts. Obviously will be a wait and see on him because it was a really nasty injury but as much as i love this club it lies through it's teeth publicly around injuries and gives everyone including some frustrated fantasy supporting fans absolutely donuts.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Would be shocked if he wasn't playing round 1 and i wouldn't even be surprised to see him play our last pre season game.

This is standard Hawthorn media management. We did it with O'meara in his first two years with us, we did it with Scully last season and it seems very similar again this time. Avoid all the hype and pressure that comes from the pre season hype posts. Obviously will be a wait and see on him because it was a really nasty injury but as much as i love this club it lies through it's teeth publicly around injuries and gives everyone including some frustrated fantasy supporting fans absolutely donuts.

More than happy to bow to your expertise on how you guys handle the media, but I know from our experience with Morris and Wallis - just how hard leg breaks are to recover from - so I’ll be watching closely.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back