Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It is a good initiative but I don’t think it will overly well supported
EDFL are better to ask for a gold coin donation at every game played in round 1 both seniors and juniors as well as some luncheons and raffles also conducted on round 1 -
I agree, wonderful cause but who hasn’t already donated and will continue to donate ?
Can’t see this game getting much interest especially being played at Highgate.

would love to see the players donate 10% of match fee in Round.1 then be matched by the EDFL. Would raise some great money.

Both great ideas, especially gold coin donation and some raffles maybe during round 1. Like the 10% but if someone has donated already or been helping fight the fires then havent they given enough? But it’s a great thought.

I agree that playing at highgate is not the best venue but it’s a great initiative by Roxy and maybe not many alternatives available.

Donald D

Senior List
Sep 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both great ideas, especially gold coin donation and some raffles maybe during round 1. Like the 10% but if someone has donated already or been helping fight the fires then havent they given enough? But it’s a great thought.

I agree that playing at highgate is not the best venue but it’s a great initiative by Roxy and maybe not many alternatives available.
Highgate doesnt have cricket so im thinking the sensational individuals who have taken it upon themselves to assist in raising funds would have been limited with ground availability at this time of the year..... congrats to the folk at Roxy humanity at its best

Donald D

Uptherox

All Australian
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why wait that long when we can make an impact now? Only a few clubs nor supporting it and you haven't seen the traffic of people looking to support it
It is a good initiative but I don’t think it will overly well supported
EDFL are better to ask for a gold coin donation at every game played in round 1 both seniors and juniors as well as some luncheons and raffles also conducted on round 1 -

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hushhush

Rookie
Dec 12, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely every club is involved! Why would any club not be involved for such A cause, one that would unite the EDFL community if not for one day...

East keilor playing a bush fire fundraiser against Caroline springs on 5th of feb. maybe they are one of the teams not participating

Biggest Choker

Senior List
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
East keilor playing a bush fire fundraiser against Caroline springs on 5th of feb. maybe they are one of the teams not participating
Surely no-one is begrudging a club for doing their own thing for a great cause on a Wednesday night and generating funds ASAP - Congrats to both East keilor & Caroline Springs for this initiative - lets hope they raise plenty.

Hushhush

Rookie
Dec 12, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely no-one is begrudging a club for doing their own thing for a great cause on a Wednesday night and generating funds ASAP - Congrats to both East keilor & Caroline Springs for this initiative - lets hope they raise plenty.
I’m not begrudging them at it’s great they have organized a game, I’m just saying maybe they’re the ones who aren’t participating

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

A few clubs I know are playing a 20/20 against the local cricket club which is sure to attract some interest.
I still reckon it’s good to be part of this day and it’s only 2-3 footballers from each club. It’s for a good cause. Out of curiosity who is managing the event (to ensure all profits are distributed correctly) and is there an entrance fee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uptherox

All Australian
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
EDFL are organising some of the logistics, Faz is also I organising a lot. Not sure if there's an entry fee at this stage.

Funds will be distributed appropriately don't worry... nobody is making a profit from it apart from the charities. All above board and a very worthwhile cause
A few clubs I know are playing a 20/20 against the local cricket club which is sure to attract some interest.
I still reckon it’s good to be part of this day and it’s only 2-3 footballers from each club. It’s for a good cause. Out of curiosity who is managing the event (to ensure all profits are distributed correctly) and is there an entrance fee?

Orbit

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2018
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
EDFL are organising some of the logistics, Faz is also I organising a lot. Not sure if there's an entry fee at this stage.

Funds will be distributed appropriately don't worry... nobody is making a profit from it apart from the charities. All above board and a very worthwhile cause

Will all bar and canteen revenue be part of the fund raising?

BoozeBud

Senior List
Nov 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not begrudging them at it’s great they have organized a game, I’m just saying maybe they’re the ones who aren’t participating

If they are the ones not participating but have organised a full fundraiser game on their own there’s nothing wrong with that. Between both games organised more money will be raised.
Good on EK and Caroline Springs great work.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WestM2020

Draftee
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
should I take a guess? 🤣🤣🤣

A current EK player just told me they have not only organised one bush fire charity game but they have two games organised which is amazing to see they are doing their part

Not a fan of them but when it comes to our community helping in anyway we should all applaud them for the contribution Pat and EK are putting in.. Well done to them and the EDFL

BoozeBud

Senior List
Nov 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
A current EK player just told me they have not only organised one bush fire charity game but they have two games organised which is amazing to see they are doing their part

Not a fan of them but when it comes to our community helping in anyway we should all applaud them for the contribution Pat and EK are putting in.. Well done to them and the EDFL

If that is true good on them that’s a lot more then expected from anyone. Whose the second game against ??

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Interested to see how much they make from the match as it’s at Woodlea. Probably depends on the weather and what they can set up around the ground. But hey any profit is a good donation.
Wonder if any players out there would forego some match payments from round 1. 🤣🤣

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pascoe Vale raised 5k from a 20/20 cricket game on Tuesday night. I posted details on the premier league forum. Great stuff PACCO 👏👏

if every club does a similar thing and if each club raised around 5k that would be around 150k and best of all no risk of injuries.

BoozeBud

Senior List
Nov 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Interested to see how much they make from the match as it’s at Woodlea. Probably depends on the weather and what they can set up around the ground. But hey any profit is a good donation.
Wonder if any players out there would forego some match payments from round 1. 🤣🤣

I’ve been told by a friend at the club the players are apparently paying to participate in the game and the EK coach has made it compulsory that every player plays.

100% of All payments from players will go to the donation on top of what else they raise.

That’s pure class from EK and CS (if they charging the players also). Great job for a great cause. Respect

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting article. I’ve copied it for those of you who can’t access the herald sun.

Mernda is determined to hold Brad Dimech to his contract
Mernda is ready to stand its ground as best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech wants out of the club, saying players as well as clubs should be held accountable when it comes to contracts.

Mernda is committed to holding wantaway best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech to his contract.
The star midfielder lodged three transfer requests to return to Essendon District league club Roxburgh Park before the Christmas break, which were all denied by the Demons.
Dimech has been a key member of Mernda’s engine room for the past two seasons since crossing from Westmeadows.

After claiming the club award for the first time, Dimech also finished fourth in the NFL Division 3 best-and-fairest and was named in the Team of the Year.
“He’s either playing footy at Mernda or having a year off footy,” Demons coach Robert Fletcher said.
“I’m big on contracts. At the end of the day the league want us to make sure we honour all our contracts and be professional with it.

“We expect the players to do the same, every Mernda player got paid last year what they were entitled to and he’s signed a two-year contract.
“I did it with a good mate of mine in Cameron Cloke. He wanted to leave, but I made sure he held up his contract at Jacana as well.”
Mernda has recruited heavily in a bid to end a five-year finals drought.
Shannon Smith has crossed from EDFL Division 1 premier Craigieburn after booting 41 goals in 2019, while fellow recruit Bryce Kimuliatis kicked 45 majors for the Eagles’ reserves side.
Jarrod King (Bundoora) and Lane Tucker (Thomastown) have also signed on.

Fletcher was pleased with the club’s pre-Christmas training block and singled out the efforts of Northern Knights graduate Will Crouch, who is returning from a knee reconstruction.
“Young Will Crouch was at the Northern Knights, but he’s a Mernda boy. He’s had two knee reconstructions and he’s flying at the moment,” he said.
“The boys trained really well before Christmas, we flogged them a fair bit.”
Mernda Football Club and Mernda Cricket Club also combined to raise $7000 for those impacted by the bushfires.
A charity Twenty20 match between the clubs, as well as the local CFA, at Waterview Reserve drew a large crowd and proved a fundraising success.
The Demons’ season begins with a road trip to Heidelberg West on April 4.

Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting article. I’ve copied it for those of you who can’t access the herald sun.

Mernda is determined to hold Brad Dimech to his contract
Mernda is ready to stand its ground as best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech wants out of the club, saying players as well as clubs should be held accountable when it comes to contracts.

Mernda is committed to holding wantaway best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech to his contract.
The star midfielder lodged three transfer requests to return to Essendon District league club Roxburgh Park before the Christmas break, which were all denied by the Demons.
Dimech has been a key member of Mernda’s engine room for the past two seasons since crossing from Westmeadows.

After claiming the club award for the first time, Dimech also finished fourth in the NFL Division 3 best-and-fairest and was named in the Team of the Year.
“He’s either playing footy at Mernda or having a year off footy,” Demons coach Robert Fletcher said.
“I’m big on contracts. At the end of the day the league want us to make sure we honour all our contracts and be professional with it.

“We expect the players to do the same, every Mernda player got paid last year what they were entitled to and he’s signed a two-year contract.
“I did it with a good mate of mine in Cameron Cloke. He wanted to leave, but I made sure he held up his contract at Jacana as well.”
Mernda has recruited heavily in a bid to end a five-year finals drought.
Shannon Smith has crossed from EDFL Division 1 premier Craigieburn after booting 41 goals in 2019, while fellow recruit Bryce Kimuliatis kicked 45 majors for the Eagles’ reserves side.
Jarrod King (Bundoora) and Lane Tucker (Thomastown) have also signed on.

Fletcher was pleased with the club’s pre-Christmas training block and singled out the efforts of Northern Knights graduate Will Crouch, who is returning from a knee reconstruction.
“Young Will Crouch was at the Northern Knights, but he’s a Mernda boy. He’s had two knee reconstructions and he’s flying at the moment,” he said.
“The boys trained really well before Christmas, we flogged them a fair bit.”
Mernda Football Club and Mernda Cricket Club also combined to raise $7000 for those impacted by the bushfires.
A charity Twenty20 match between the clubs, as well as the local CFA, at Waterview Reserve drew a large crowd and proved a fundraising success.
The Demons’ season begins with a road trip to Heidelberg West on April 4.
Good on him. About time players learnt that they can’t get away with signing for 2 years then want out when it gets too hard.
Never sign a 2 year deal is the motto of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back