Non-lions discussion 2020

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Certainly not wishing to gloat about any of this but it can only help our cause when the VFL teams have to disrupt their training plans for environmental issues, rather than us for a change.

Our turn will come. Always does.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What are peoples thoughts on Blacky doing the sports report on 10 news? He started off a bit stiff but seems to be growing into the role

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Afl.com reported Grundy signed 7 yr deal with pies

Big signing from them, though I don't know how secure I'd be feeling putting 7 years at presumably 900k+ for a Ruck. I'm personally not as sold on grundy as many others too, despite his undoubted talent he doesn't seem to be able to have the same impact with his hitouts as nic Nat, gawn, or even stef (his chemistry with the midfield is a cut above).

Of course all the above makes me super happy he's signed to Collingwood on a long term expensive deal. May their salary cap and list management flexibility be screwed forever

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah it's always going to look like a risk on day dot I suppose but the long term thing may support their overall cap mgmt I would think. There's a lot of cultural and lifestyle levers for Grundy to stay down there too I don't know if hed have locked in guaranteed 6.3M

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah it's always going to look like a risk on day dot I suppose but the long term thing may support their overall cap mgmt I would think. There's a lot of cultural and lifestyle levers for Grundy to stay down there too I don't know if hed have locked in guaranteed 6.3M

God let's hope not. Can you imagine how smug Collingwood fans would be if they got their guy and it actually makes the rest of their list management easier? Bloody Eddie would probably find a way to reference it every game he commentates

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Increases likelihood of Moore to Swans doesn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I hadn't been following it but as Daniher risk factor just keeps on increasing I'd say so. Moore to sydney is not a real risk or loss to our flag chances as it would be if he went to bulldogs hawks Freo blues or saints

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I hadn't been following it but as Daniher risk factor just keeps on increasing I'd say so. Moore to sydney is not a real risk or loss to our flag chances as it would be if he went to bulldogs hawks Freo blues or saints
My question is, is Moore to Sydney realistic?

What link is there for Moore to join Sydney? He’s not exactly the Buddy replacement that Daniher would be.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I just don’t see Collingwood willingly losing any first team KPP’s.

That’s probably Collingwood’s short coming. They’re lacking in a genuine KPF, and are very shallow on KPP depth.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grundy's 7 year deal is part of a changing landscape seen elsewhere.

Begs the question - who on our current list would you be happy for our Club to lock away for 7 years?

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grundy's 7 year deal is part of a changing landscape seen elsewhere.

Begs the question - who on our current list would you be happy for our Club to lock away for 7 years?
McClugg, Harris and Hipwood. Maybe others but I'd be comfortable with those

Back