Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is everyone backing in the US election process?
To win or personal preference?

To win:
Depending on how this impeachment saga goes, I would expect Trump to best Biden in a tight race.

Preference:
Gabbard as she is my favourite Russian spy...

Otherwise, a more moderate Republican would be good. Crenshaw is a rising Republican star.

Last edited:
To win or personal preference?

To win:
Depending on how this impeachment saga goes, I would expect Trump to best Biden in a tight race,

Preference:
Gabbard as she is my favourite Russian spy...

Otherwise, a more moderate Republican would be good. Crenshaw is a rising Republican star.
Gabbard is fantastic, she’d probably be the prime minster if she was in Oz.

the other one I like from the republican side, who’s stepped away from politics is Trey Gowdy. It wouldn’t surprise me if he were president one day.

Here is a hard truth to ponder, Greta: if the great producers of this world whom you excoriate were to withdraw their productivity, wealth and talents—in short—their minds from the world today, your generation would simply perish. Why? Because as children you have done nothing as yet, with your lives besides being born. This is what we expect of children until such time as they can be producers by learning from their elders. You are understandably social and ecological ballast. You are not yet cognitively advanced to replicate the structures of survival of which you are the beneficiaries.

Children are important installments on the future. We have invested in you. It is you and your smug generation which think they have nothing to learn from the older ones who are failing themselves. Whom do you expect to employ the majority of you if you have neither the job credentials or life competency skills to navigate the world? The future unemployable-skipping- school-on-Friday obstreperous children?

The truth, as one anonymous blogger aptly put it, is that your generation is unable to work up to forty hours per week without being chronically depressed and anxious. Its members cannot even decide if they want to be a boy or a girl, or both, or neither, or a “they.” They cannot eat meat without crying. I might add that your generation needs “trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” as pre-conditions for learning in school. Its members have a pathological need to be coddled and protected from the challenging realities of life. Your generation is the biggest demander and consumer of carbon spewing technological gadgets and devices. An hour without any of them and too many of you succumb to paralyzing lethargy. Your generation is the least curious and most insular set of individuals one has ever encountered. Your hubris extends so far that you think you have nothing to learn from your elders.

She's old enough to breed and raise kids. Older than kids who've sailed around the world by themselves or even conquered most of it.

Seriously campaigners like this couldn't keep themselves alive without the infrastructure of society either. They live in some Ayn Rand mythology and the "great producers" they laud (mostly corporate scum who own the ip made by other people's brains) are a pack of rent seeking parasites themselves.

Let it go and do something useful with your time.

Yes but I’d trust a millennial to automate four different social media accounts, automate their coffee switching on at six every morning with an integrated ‘internet of things’ smart home set up.
Smash out complex data bases, and able to pull out seemingly random to find a pattern.

These things are second nature to the kids.. that’s why people call them lazy, they’re not just more efficient.

but ask them to set up a tent that’s not a dome and have a laugh. Complete different skill sets. People have to acknowledge.
The point is Boomers have cash and spare time, also a lot of them went thru Vietnam protests and know how to mobilise. The kids can amplify the message.

Most of the millennials I know are more functional than this modern myth suggests. They worked in mines, invented s**t, can fix pumps, build stuff grow or forage food and kill and dress animals, or their peers can.

City people have always been useless, till you get them out of their routines and engaging with reality on its own terms, instead of via a mediated environment built for vehicles.

Hope not. 15 year olds think they know everything but know Jack s**t. If I think about myself at 15, mate I was a dickhead. Obviously not everyone is the same but they need life experience to figure most things out.

Lol.

Same.

In my experience 15 year olds who didn't grow up in pampered Western Nations are a bit different.

Often seen enough to make them a bit more mature and circumspect.

Aleister Crowley made the only accurate prophecy of the last 150 years. He said the new age wasn't the age of Aquarious. It was the age of Horus - the Crowned and Conquering Child.

It's a pretty accurate description of this moment in history.

Even Trump is still a child.

Lol.

Same.

In my experience 15 year olds who didn't grow up in pampered Western Nations are a bit different.

Often seen enough to make them a bit more mature and circumspect.

Aleister Crowley made the only accurate prophecy of the last 150 years. He said the new age wasn't the age of Aquarious. It was the age of Horus - the Crowned and Conquering Child.

It's a pretty accurate description of this moment in history.

Even Trump is still a child.

I was originally going to post something similar. A few hundred years ago 15 year olds were getting married, having kids, going to battle. Kids are allowed to mature these days, and that’s a great thing

Should be more of it
Yeah like that bloke who lived here since he was two, thought he was Australian and could only speak English when he was deported to Croatia.

Dutton, like all pre Fitzgerald Queensland cops, is scum and should be deported to White Island next time it's about to erupt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw homeland security or border farce or whatever you're called, my computer was just hacked.

Dunno who he it was but he just took off in the direction of the Gold Coast.
Nah mate, you’ll be right, it’ll probably be copied and pasted into a laugh folder.
to quote a mate he looks and acts like mr potato head has about as much going on upstairs.

All things being equal, I’m of the opinion that - based on all the political “shenanigans” that have surfaced over the past number of years - Elizabeth Warren’s silly Native American overreach is very much at the lower end of the diabolical transgressions scale. I accept that people are triggered by different things based on their particular “leanings”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are you talking about?

It's worse than Obama killing kids with drones.

Being as objective as I can be (given I have my own personal bias to the left) - the “middle” has shifted to the right. That means, unfortunately for the Dems/Labour/Greens, etc. (maybe, people of my ilk), if they want to get re-elected, they’re going to have to shift their “centre” slightly right. That’s what Blair and Clinton did to good effect but, as I said previously, they sat on their laurels. They did nothing for the people at the bottom - unforgivable for people who purport to be of the left.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Overton Window has been shifting that way for a long time. That's because despite the bullshit you hear to the contrary the right has dominated and controlled every public conversation since 9/11. Maybe even earlier.

What are you talking about?

It's worse than Obama killing kids with drones.

My big three ObamaS,
1. Gotta be the faking of drinking the water at flint when kids were dying of lead poisoning.
2. Laughing questioned about Eric Holder bailing out all his banking buddies while head of the DOJ, mind you while being head of DOj he still had his corner office at Covington and burling.
3. Has to be the two trillion spend on nukes, while winning the Nobel peace prize.

Even if Bernie gets elected he's still essentially a cog in the machinery of empire.

That machine will turn around him anyway. He might make things better for the poorest residents of the US for while but it will still be a brutal foreign empire.

Tho the people T Rump has around him are some of worst War Hawks in Washington's history. People who were considered loopy by Bush's staff.

So Bernie is less likely to go to war with Iran. But just as likely to ignore the genocide in Yemen.

Even if Bernie gets elected he's still essentially a cog in the machinery of empire.

That machine will turn around him anyway. He might make things better for the poorest residents of the US for while but it will still be a brutal foreign empire.

Tho the people T Rump has around him are some of worst War Hawks in Washington's history. People who were considered loopy by Bush's staff.

So Bernie is less likely to go to war with Iran. But just as likely to ignore the genocide in Yemen.
Trumps locked and loaded for expanding the empire after this election
and the only one on the Democrat side who I believe would pull back the troops is Tulsi. Bernies not going to stop the expansion, listen to his stance on Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back