ATP/WTA 2020 Australian Summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Also even though he went in as underdog and still ranked 20th in the world, he should of beaten Ugo Humbert

would it have been different in a slam?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be super dopey if she loses to the unseeded in the final. But I still remember when world #1 Hewitt lost in the first round of a slam...
there are no real "unseeded" players in this tournament. Every player is capable. the cut off would have been in the 30's.

Yastremska is young, very powerful, on the rise and is ranked 24th in the world. She is a seed in most draws.

there are no real "unseeded" players in this draw. Every player is capable. the cut off would have been in the 30's.

Yastremska is young, very powerful, on the rise and is ranked 24th in the world. She is a seed in most draws.
Fair enough. But she is still unseeded in the Adelaide tournament. There is a level of expectation that comes with having a number next to your name on a draw fixture.

Dug deep good win!
What did she utter under her breath at the net after the post match handshake?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rybakina beats Zhang to win the title in Hobart(her 2nd WTA Title) 7-6, 6-3. She saved a set point in the first set TB as well. Another tip I got wrong.

We won't see Rybakina in Hobart again for many years. Though I can't see her beating the very very best yet, she is still only 20. It is a crazy rise as well. She is now ranked 26th in the world but has only played in 2 main draw grand slams. She will be seeded in the up-coming Aus Open. heck, she was playing and winning Launceston ITF this time last year.

wasn't a bad final. I must admit I don't really enjoy watching Rybakina a lot TBH. A lot of short points. But it was close, which was better than last year. Probably helped that Schmieds didn't make the final this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back