Prediction Who finishes highest out of Freo, St Kilda and Sydney in 2020?

Who finishes highest?

• Fremantle

Votes: 70 40.7%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • Sydney

Votes: 27 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
So these 3 teams finished 13th to 15th last season. Who finishes highest this year, and why? Will any (or all!) make the 8, or do all still need to keep building before they're ready for that?

With Buddy missing for so much of last season, Sydney finally took a big dive down the ladder. Will he get on the park consistently again this year, after looking in ripping nick earlier this preseason- before injuring his knee? As he makes them a multiple goal better team. Or are Sydney in more like a full rebuild mode?

Despite having a pretty horrific injury run last season, the Saints won twice as many games as the previous year (although still not enough for Richo to keep his job). Will the multiple acquisitions over the offseason, the potential return of the guys who missed most or all of last season with injury, and Ratten and his new game-plan, allow them to propel further up the ladder?

While Freo had another season in the bottom third of the ladder and duly relieved themselves of old mate Rosco. Will they get all their marking targets up forward back, who's absence for so much of last year really cost them? Will Fyfe have enough support in the midfield, with the likes of Brayshaw, Blakely and Cerra stepping up, and with Acres and Aish replacing Hill and Langdon?

Have at it!

Last edited:
This time last year Ross Lyon promised the freo faithful a premiership

so obviously not freo

Last edited:

So these 3 teams finished 13th to 15th last season. Who finishes highest this year, and why? Will any (or all!) make the 8, or do all still need to keep building before they're ready for that?

With Buddy missing for so much of last season, Sydney finally took a big dive down the ladder. Will he get on the park consistently again this year, after looking in ripping nick earlier this preseason- before injuring his knee? As he makes them a multiple goal better team. Or are Sydney in more like a full rebuild mode?

Despite having a pretty horrific injury run last season, the Saints won twice as many games as the previous year (although still not enough for Richo to keep his job). Will the multiple acquisitions over the offseason, the potential return of the guys who missed most or all of last season with injury, and Ratten and his new game-plan, allow them to propel further up the ladder?

While Freo had another season in the bottom third of the ladder and duly relieved themselves of old mate Rosco. Will they get all their marking targets up forward back, who's absence for so much of last year really cost them? Will Fyfe have enough support in the midfield, with the likes of Brayshaw, Blakely and Cerra stepping up, and with Acres and Aish replacing Hill and Langdon?

Have at it!
win, lose, draw or tank, Regardless what happens, Ross Lyon is gone and not coming back.

Ross Lyons coaching career is as dead as Ivan Milat lol.

This is a hard one. I’ll go with Fremantle only because they should have enough talent and experience on their list to start making a charge for finals. I wouldn’t be surprised if St Kilda finishes the highest though.

I’d rule Sydney out of it with Buddy’s latest setback. They’d have been the clear standout with a fully fit Buddy in my opinion.

I did not expect such calm, confidence and complete faith in the direction that Sydney is taking the list.
Just about everyone is happy as hell, which is bizarre considering where we finished in 2019.
That said, we are no chance of playing finals in 2020. Absolute zero chance. Be lucky to win 6 games I reckon :p

No midfield. Injured KPF. Backline decimated. Very young list.
Forget us.

We'll still beat the Weagles though :thumbsu:

Now this is bloody hard to decide. Realistically, any of these teams could finish higher than the other, it's hard to split them going into this season. Without much confidence at all, I'm tipping Sydney will finish the highest and I reckon they might surprise and return to the finals. They've only been out for one season and for mine, they've got enough talent to be back in the top 8. Decent chance my opinion could change on which team I think will finish higher because of how hard it is for me to split them.

Haha, this one's so hard to predict that still no-one's willing to put in a vote, including me, lol!

(I'm planning on doing so once I've had a closer look at Sydney's list in particular, but with them so much of it comes down to how much Buddy plays. Their finishing position could vary by multiple places depending on how much he plays and how well he's going.)

win, lose, draw or tank, Regardless what happens, Ross Lyon is gone and not coming back.

Ross Lyons coaching career is as dead as Ivan Milat lol.
Like the saints, Freo have been released by the slave shackles of Ross Lyon.

You wont be seeing anymore Ross Lyon sexual harrassment tactics.

Any chance you don't bring up Ross Lyon? Christ the obsession is real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did not expect such calm, confidence and complete faith in the direction that Sydney is taking the list.
Just about everyone is happy as hell, which is bizarre considering where we finished in 2019.
That said, we are no chance of playing finals in 2020. Absolute zero chance. Be lucky to win 6 games I reckon :p

No midfield. Injured KPF. Backline decimated. Very young list.
Forget us.

We'll still beat the Weagles though :thumbsu:

You guys have by far the most talented kid/future superstar of the three clubs mentioned (Nick Blakey), I am rather bullish about the Swans future prospects, more of your talented kids will get games in in 2020.

Swannies would be my value bet to make the 8 in 2020.

yeah this is a tough one but my best guess is all 3 teams to have less wins than last year.
Saints 8 wins- a lot of new faces, it might take a while to gel it all together.
Swans 7 wins- developing some good kids but also has some aging stars, depth could be a serious issue for them.
Freo 6 wins- a new coach and plenty of kids on the list will likely mean its a development year for them.

Freo easy , have almost all the key pieces in place , a decent bunch of workman like players in their prime and a heap of growth left in the list

Will finish the season like a freight train and start 2021 as the 3rd or 4th flag favourite

Freo easy , have almost all the key pieces in place , a decent bunch of workman like players in their prime and a heap of growth left in the list

Will finish the season like a freight train and start 2021 as the 3rd or 4th flag favourite

freo supporters luv the pre season

talk is golden

Premiership window? Probably not

Finals window? You betcha.

Also round 7 in the derby can come soon enough as we will put up more of a fight than the last derby. I assure you we will kick more than 2 goals. :)

confirmed by your list manager

bit hard to kick less ;)

Seems like Franklin's body is faltering right at the finish line.
If he could manage 18+ games, Sydney should finish highest but it appears he may not even get to 14 games.

Can't take Fremantle either. Loss of Hill is telling. They couldn't replace Lachie Neale from the year before either so two ball magnets of the highest order gone.

Saints it is :thumbsu:

Back