News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bushfire smoke probably doesn't help, either.
I can empathise with those suffering from the smoke, my area copped heavy smoke nearly every day for the entire month of December and the first week of January. We are finally getting our first decent rain for 2 months.

Last edited:

considering how close the season start is the AFL and clubs are really dropping the bundle in terms of advertising and releasing information.

It would be nice if our club let us know how we could support the girls rather than finding out on a rival team’s website.
Thought the same - Pies info was earlier and better - but plan to get along there on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our girl’s were awesome. That really look to have stepped up a bit which is great. Beth Lynch is a hard nut and got a fair bit of it. Ash Riddell copped a falcon and a blood nose as a result but came back on and was good.

Yeah we were a cut above Collingwood.

Watched the first quarter and a bit. Jassy Garner looks to have trimmed down a bit, played a fair bit of onball.

Christ she's smooth.
Yup. Classy af. Makes things happen. She’s like if mason wood delivered on his talent.
Gilroy was really good! They both did well. Nathan Hrovat was giving them a bit of advice from the boundary re positioning but that is to be expected
Yeah, impressed by both the Irish girls but especially Gilroy. No problem getting where the ball is, decent boot on her, didn’t mind the physical contests.
Our girl’s were awesome. That really look to have stepped up a bit which is great. Beth Lynch is a hard nut and got a fair bit of it. Ash Riddell copped a falcon and a blood nose as a result but came back on and was good.
Riddell's a jet. Hard nut ball magnet. My favourite highlight of the day was the Daz Bannister goal she set up. The replay the club posted didn’t do justice to how far she came and how hard she hit that contest.

Other things I noticed:
I might have been a bit worried about Daisy Bateman's ability to stay involved in the game, whether it’s fitness or concentration, but her third q was excellent. Best on for that quarter easily.

Sophie Abbatangelo looked dangerous in the front half. Hopefully will benefit from Mo Hope getting out of her way.

The draftees Gavalas, Nestor and M King all showed a bit. Nestor will have to try and fill Jess Duffin's role, but looked more like a solid 1v1 defender than an intercepting boss.

Jenna Bruton has picked up where she left off. A midfield trio of Kearney/Bruton/Riddell would be as good as any in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back