ATP/WTA 2020 Australian Summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or did the Adelaide International organisers get the order of play wrong yesterday?

They should've swapped the ATP and WTA finals around given the huge interest in Ash's final, and being the stronger of the two finals.

The ATP final felt like a bit of an anti-climax after watching watching Ash win her title - also didn't help that the men's final was a fizzer. The crowd was also markedly thinner for the ATP final as well.

Is it just me or did the Adelaide International organisers get the order of play wrong yesterday?

They should've swapped the ATP and WTA finals around given the huge interest in Ash's final, and being the stronger of the two finals.

The ATP final felt like a bit of an anti-climax after watching watching Ash win her title - also didn't help that the men's final was a fizzer. The crowd was also markedly thinner for the ATP final as well.
My guess is they wanted to give ash as much time between the final and her first round match on Monday. Having the early final would have allowed her to fly to Melbourne that night probably.

It was a fixed schedule from a few weeks ago so they didn't know who was playing but the women's final was no doubt the feature match as it turned out.

Good to hear how positive all the players were about the Adelaide tournament. Sam Querrey saying it was the best 250 tournament on tour in terms of facilities. Vekic and Bencic said similar. We won't always get the big names but should always keep a strong field.

When they get a WTA Cup up and running the women's field will get significantly weaker which could flow onto Hobart.

It was a fixed schedule from a few weeks ago so they didn't know who was playing but the women's final was no doubt the feature match as it turned out.

Good to hear how positive all the players were about the Adelaide tournament. Sam Querrey saying it was the best 250 tournament on tour in terms of facilities. Vekic and Bencic said similar. We won't always get the big names but should always keep a strong field.

When they get a WTA Cup up and running the women's field will get significantly weaker which could flow onto Hobart.
gulp. yep. fantastic....If we lose too many players, we will end up with players ranked 250+ in the quallies or even main draw, due to the factor players can not play AO Quallies and the week before.

be interesting how they do a WTA Cup. I, for one, wish it won't happen.

gulp. yep. fantastic....If we lose too many players, we will end up with players ranked 250+ in the quallies or even main draw, due to the factor players can not play AO Quallies and the week before.

be interesting how they do a WTA Cup. I, for one, wish it won't happen.

Me too, I am sure they will do the analysis but 24 countries would be to many countries for the women based on Fed Cup numbers so it might be kept to a smaller number and therefore have less of an impact.

I think Tennis Australia will make sure Hobart is looked after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back