Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Downhill Skier

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Inter , Padres
I have just picked The Great War Centenary Edition and have ordered Heroes of Normandie which I am really looking forward to getting to the table

So a week after taking my money for Heroes of Normandie I get an email stating that they don't have it in stock.(gamerholic)

Downhill Skier

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Games Empires come in to save the day.

07F1B7D0-5D61-4357-88CF-99E237BD41D1.jpeg

Kids have taken a liking to games too.

Now have:
Carcassonne (kids and adult (with many expansions) version.
Ticket to Ride (Kids and Europe versions)
Exploding kittens (their favourite)
Gardens of Alhambra
Munchkin (Harry Potter version)
And several others I can't think of right now.

Are there any more "must gets" for 8-10 year olds?

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Now have:
Gardens of Alhambra

Sushi Go

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins

Now have:
Gardens of Alhambra

King of Tokyo (plus add ons)
Jamaica

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Now have:
Gardens of Alhambra

Games we've got that kids that age have liked not yet mentioned:
King of New York (follow on to King of Toyko. A bit more complex, but once mastered KoT it's not that much more).
Forbidden Island
Terror in Meeple City
Go nuts for Donuts
Spot It

Downhill Skier

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

Now have:
Gardens of Alhambra

Ghost Fightin Treasure Hunters is a hit with my kids

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Now have:
Gardens of Alhambra

Now at home and can see all the games I’ll add as good kids ones:
Machi Koro
Cash and Guns

Now have:
Gardens of Alhambra

Baren Park is great. The setup from opening the box looks daunting but it is really a simple game: fill your squares with shapes.

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Backed Copenhagen roll and write version on KS. Mostly to get the deluxe version of the original game, which we missed out on initially. It's a ripper.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Latest additions.

Potion Explosion - Set collection of ingredients for your potions, with completed potions giving you your points (usual most points at end wins). Fairly quick to play and simple mechanics so something you don't need to be a hard core gamer to get someone to play. You collect the marbles (ingredients), the different potions requiring marbles of different colours. Once you've completed a potion it has a special ability you can use once (such as take marbles from the bottom row, one marble of your choice, use marbles as 'wilds' rather than as their normal colours etc.).

pic2630294.png

The explosion comes from your usual turn is you get to pick one marble the tray, but if on taking that two (or more) marbles of the same colour bump they 'explode' and you get to collect them as well. And it can chain, so from below if I picked the yellow bottom of middle row I'd get that, the two blacks then 'explode' together and I get them, then it chains with the two red's hitting to get those as well. You've got space for only 3 marbles you don't currently have on your potions (you're only working on two at a time), so it's sometimes a choice between getting what you need to finish off a potion versus trying to get as many as possible to help with the next ones.

We've played several times including a couple with eldest son and once with a friend of his, very easy to teach and bring out if wanting something quick.

Potion-Explosion-board-game-cmon.jpg

Cat Lady - quick game of being a cat lady (shockingly). Get your cats, make sure they're fed (but not leftover food), get them some toys, catnip and some costumes to humiliate them as Cat Ladies do.

pic3705229.jpg

Arboretum - a straight forward set collection and placement game. You've different species of plants, with cards 0 to 9. You try to make the longest paths you can of a species, where each card must be higher than the last (E.g. can have a path go 1, 3, 4, 7, but not 1,3,7,4). However in order to be able to score a path for a species you need at least one card left over of it at the end. Where it's fun is whichever player has the highest number of that species gets to score their path for it. You don't need to have any down though, so your opponent could have a great path 0, 1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7 and if they have 8 and you have 9, they don't get to score their path. Last game we played I won 1 or 2 points to 0 because after getting our paths down my pissy 2 card path was the only one either my wife or I could score.

pic2499951.jpg

And for eldest son who likes Unicorns, Unstable Unicorns for his birthday this week, should give it a first run tonight.

And lastly finally my Forgotten Circles expansion for Gloomhaven arrived. Haven't played yet as still a few scenarios of the main game to complete yet. Anyone put off by the price of Gloomhaven shouldn't be, you're going to get at least a couple of hundreds of hours of gaming from it.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Appropriate compensation for turning 46 on the weekend and now closer to 50 than 40 was getting The Ancient World from wife and kids as a present (along with 5E DM's Guide and Players Handbook). I'm not sure if there's a hidden message there or not. :think:

A busy weekend so won't get to play until next weekend, but as with all Red Raven games by Ryan Laukat the artwork is top notch. From a brief browse of the rules a similar work placement, cards etc. based way that is fairly similar across most of his games. I enjoy his games though, so that's all fine.

pic4372850.jpg

pic4295311.jpg

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Recently ordered Star Realms (base game and Colony Wars) and Potion Explosion 2nd Ed. (one copy for me, one for my teenage niece for Christmas).

Been playing a little bit of the SR app against the AI. Good fun.

Selling a basically brand new Shadows over Camelot.

Played once and it was a bit much for my family so if anyone is interested, PM me. Usually goes for about 100, so if you're thinking of getting a copy its a cheaper option for the same product.
Sure sling me the deets on PM.

Back