Prediction Who finishes highest out of Freo, St Kilda and Sydney in 2020?

Who finishes highest?

• Fremantle

Votes: 70 40.7%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • Sydney

Votes: 27 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo easy , have almost all the key pieces in place , a decent bunch of workman like players in their prime and a heap of growth left in the list

Will finish the season like a freight train and start 2021 as the 3rd or 4th flag favourite
Classic Freo optimism.
I live in the West and see it a lot.
Well, good on you and I hope it happens.

As for the question, Saints easily.
Could cause some real damage this year.

Fremantle - Between 7th and 14th.
St. Kilda & Sydney - Between 13th and 18th (Currently predicting Adelaide & Sydney to bottom out very soon).

Hell freo were the underdogs in the UBET.

Predicting games of footy based on betting odds is what the yanks do. Sure they give you an idea of who may emerge victorious but Fremantle over at Subiaco where Geelong have notoriously been terrible was always a solid prediction. Factor in the smalls Fremantle have, something which Geelong have always had problems with, there was seriously no chance we'd win that game.
If I remember correctly, we jumped out to an early lead and I was pretty surprised by that but inevitably, we s**t the bed as per usual.

Reece Conca is a s**t footballer. I don't care if he was averaging 20 disposals per game, he's a C grade player who has made the most of his limited opportunities. 28 years of age this season, he's not someone who will help Fremantle push for a spot in the top 8.
I certainly don't expect Sam Menegola to help Geelong get wins. They are list plodders.

Classic Freo optimism.
I live in the West and see it a lot.
Well, good on you and I hope it happens.

As for the question, Saints easily.
Could cause some real damage this year.

Well the second part is optimistic, but the first part is pretty true so why not ? I haven't talked us up for years BTW

Not sure I agree. Still a lot of games to get into Brayshaw, Cerra etc and a lot will depend on getting Hogan, Lobb and Pearce fit.

But I like your optimism.

the view of your management not me..

didnt learn from last year when old pervy Ross promised a flag

the view of your management not me..

didnt learn from last year when old pervy Ross promised a flag
Really? I can't remember Ross Lyon "Promising" a flag. Not saying he didn't, but just can't remember. please post the link so we can have a bit of a laugh together

Actually, David Walls has said "“A lot of work has gone in, a lot of the principles are right and a lot of the talent is there, but there’s still a long way to go and a lot of hard work to be done.”

Not sure that's a promising premiership either. You sure you've got the right club? Freo have a new list manager. You might be confused.

Really? I can't remember Ross Lyon "Promising" a flag. Not saying he didn't, but just can't remember. please post the link so we can have a bit of a laugh together

Actually, David Walls has said "“A lot of work has gone in, a lot of the principles are right and a lot of the talent is there, but there’s still a long way to go and a lot of hard work to be done.”

Not sure that's a promising premiership either. You sure you've got the right club? Freo have a new list manager. You might be confused.

lol ok

I can understand why you're confused. That's an article from the West with a headline that has 'premiership window" as part of it's title. It's an understandable mistake to make. Here's what the List Manager actually said:

“I think our best 22 is really strong and when you put it together there’s probably four or five players that are really unlucky to miss out,” Walls told The Weekend West.

“A lot of work has gone in, a lot of the principles are right and a lot of the talent is there, but there’s still a long way to go and a lot of hard work to be done.”

Hope this clears it up for you.

Did you find the one on Ross Lyon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two new coaches at least adds a sense of the unknown to the equation, but you would not think any of the
three sides would bother the top eight too much. All searching for a bit of identity and consistency, maybe
St Kilda at a pinch, but not with any confidence.
Why do
your posts
always look
like s**t
?

On paper I'd put Freo just ahead of the Saints and both miles ahead of Sydney.

Both clubs having new coaches will be interesting. Not sure what to expect.
saying that saints are just ahead of freo after those trades in getting Dougall Howard , Brad Hill and paddy Ryder. Those 3 will be key players at the Saints this season

I feel like Sydney are going to bottom out either this year or next. One of the youngest teams in the competition, question marks over their spine, and a lack of experienced depth in their midfield. It's not an unhealthy bottoming out, but instead will be the trough of their rebuild phase. I'd expect them to finish well and truly bottom 4, managing a handful of surprising wins throughout the season against good opponents, and eventually rebounding in a few years.

Complete toss up between Saints and Freo.

For St Kilda, it depends on whether the additions of Jones + Hill + Howard (plus Ryder and Butler to a lesser extent) outweighs the loss of Bruce + Steven in the short term. I think it honestly should, but you never really know how well new additions are going to gel with the group from the start. Could take a season before things get going.

For Fremantle, it depends on whether Hogan gets on the park, Pearce and Mundy stay fit, and no injuries to Fyfe or Walters at all. Freo are one important injury away from a bottom 4 finish, but also one full healthy season (like Brisbane 2019 levels of injury list) from threatening a finals spot.

Safe bet is Saints I think, very closely following by Fremantle

I feel like Sydney are going to bottom out either this year or next. One of the youngest teams in the competition, question marks over their spine, and a lack of experienced depth in their midfield. It's not an unhealthy bottoming out, but instead will be the trough of their rebuild phase. I'd expect them to finish well and truly bottom 4, managing a handful of surprising wins throughout the season against good opponents, and eventually rebounding in a few years.

Complete toss up between Saints and Freo.

For St Kilda, it depends on whether the additions of Jones + Hill + Howard (plus Ryder and Butler to a lesser extent) outweighs the loss of Bruce + Steven in the short term. I think it honestly should, but you never really know how well new additions are going to gel with the group from the start. Could take a season before things get going.

For Fremantle, it depends on whether Hogan gets on the park, Pearce and Mundy stay fit, and no injuries to Fyfe or Walters at all. Freo are one important injury away from a bottom 4 finish, but also one full healthy season (like Brisbane 2019 levels of injury list) from threatening a finals spot.

Safe bet is Saints I think, very closely following by Fremantle
After having Harley Bennell for 4 injury prone seasons, I dont have High Hopes for Hogan. I have said this many times. Some times Having a couple of solid KPFs or a ruck KPF and a mid that can play centre half forward that can kick 30 each or 60 between them is better than a KPF that can kick 60 goals a year.

If you have a gun KPF and he is injuried for half a season, it hurts the team very badly. If you got 2 solid KPFs that can kick 30 each for 20-22 games then thats fine. Even if one misses out half a season through injury, at least you have one KPF in the forward 50.

I have accepted realistic expectations that Hogan might miss half a season through injury But Freo has depth in the KPFs. The Quality is debatable. But As much as I loved Pav as out sole KPF around 2012-15, Freos KPF stocks are ok.

Again, Freos KPF stocks are Hogan, Lobb, Tarberner, McCarthy, Cox and Dixon. Lobb can Play FF. Mccarthy, Tabs, Cox and Dixon all can play as floating CHFs or forward flankers as 2nd or 3rd talls.

If Hogan and Lobb are both injured, Tabs plays FF as he is 197cm and 90-100 kg. Mc Carthy, Cox and dixon are all 190-195cm and 90kg. Lobb, Tabs, McCarthy and Cox are all capable of kicking 30-40 goals each if any of them plays at least 20 games.

After having Harley Bennell for 4 injury prone seasons, I dont have High Hopes for Hogan. I have said this many times. Some times Having a couple of solid KPFs or a ruck KPF and a mid that can play centre half forward that can kick 30 each or 60 between them is better than a KPF that can kick 60 goals a year.

If you have a gun KPF and he is injuried for half a season, it hurts the team very badly. If you got 2 solid KPFs that can kick 30 each for 20-22 games then thats fine. Even if one misses out half a season through injury, at least you have one KPF in the forward 50.

I have accepted realistic expectations that Hogan might miss half a season through injury But Freo has depth in the KPFs. The Quality is debatable. But As much as I loved Pav as out sole KPF around 2012-15, Freos KPF stocks are ok.

Again, Freos KPF stocks are Hogan, Lobb, Tarberner, McCarthy, Cox and Dixon. Lobb can Play FF. Mccarthy, Tabs, Cox and Dixon all can play as floating CHFs or forward flankers as 2nd or 3rd talls.

If Hogan and Lobb are both injured, Tabs plays FF as he is 197cm and 90-100 kg. Mc Carthy, Cox and dixon are all 190-195cm and 90kg. Lobb, Tabs, McCarthy and Cox are all capable of kicking 30-40 goals each if any of them plays at least 20 games.
Also can't understate how huge it would be for McCarthys game if Freo have another quality KPF out there. Running at least two of Lobb, Hogan and Taberner (assuming Darcy is playing in the ruck) lets McCarthy play as the 3rd tall where he can really thrive. He will otherwise struggle taking on the main KPD. I honestly think a healthy Fremantle is a finals team, but I agree that we may never see a full season out of Hogan. Unfortunate really, as I'd love to see Freo going deep in finals

Back