Position 2020 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonathan Ceglar.

Averaged 95 in the last 3 games last season when he was given full time ruck duties with McEvoy playing key defense. How did Hawthorn go in these 3 games? They beat GWS and West Coast away (arguably 2 of the hardest games to win) and Gold Coast at home.

Hawthorn traded away Pittonet in the off season too which leaves them with basically just Ceglar and McEvoy as rucks.

Very likely to go 90+ over the season IMO all things considered.

Does Jack have another 90+ season in him with Tom Lynch in the side? Seymour Skinner Averaged 93 in 2018 with an injury affected 3 point game in there. I don't usually consider KP forwards, but priced at 69 (374k) he seems like good value so long as he's not playing out of the goal square. 10 of first 14 games at MCG.

View attachment 809501

I think if you wanna go for a KPF Lynch is the better pick.
Averaged 95.5 after the bye (including finals, 91.7 without finals), after he hit his straps off the back of very little preseason.
He's only like 13k more too.

Not a huge preseason follower but haven't heard of any hiccups for him, and he was somehow one of the only players to manage to play every game last season, so seems like his knee troubles are behind him.

Jonathan Ceglar.

Averaged 95 in the last 3 games last season when he was given full time ruck duties with McEvoy playing key defense. How did Hawthorn go in these 3 games? They beat GWS and West Coast away (arguably 2 of the hardest games to win) and Gold Coast at home.

Hawthorn traded away Pittonet in the off season too which leaves them with basically just Ceglar and McEvoy as rucks.

Very likely to go 90+ over the season IMO all things considered.

Didn't the Hawks recruit that Frost bloke to play CHB, allowing McEvoy to go back to the ruck and keep Sicily freed up?
Yes, GWS and Eagles are tough competition, but their ruckstocks at the end of the year were stuffed.
Mumford is cooked and Simpson was a dud.
Hickey is a backup for the Eagles and nothing more, some of their posters on here have said that he'll be behind not only NicNat but also Williams this season.

I also just think Ceglar is a bit of a garbage truck.

I think if you wanna go for a KPF Lynch is the better pick.
Averaged 95.5 after the bye (including finals, 91.7 without finals), after he hit his straps off the back of very little preseason.
He's only like 13k more too.

Not a huge preseason follower but haven't heard of any hiccups for him, and he was somehow one of the only players to manage to play every game last season, so seems like his knee troubles are behind him.
Nah, Lynch will be shite this year. Heard both his knees are being held together by gaffa tape and he is banging Dusties missus on the side. I sure won't be picking him.

Whatever Baby John did at the start of the year, he made up for it over the byes by putting in a god like 72 point performance when we needed him most 😍

Baby John will forever have a place in my heart.

POS Bailey Scott on the other hand...

Image result for stone cold stunner gif

Ladhams at Port as a rough mid pricer @ $326k if picking a rookie R/F anyway?

Only if Lycett breaks his leg between now and Round 1.

I expect Ladhams will get at least a few games, but at that price you want rock solid job security and scoring potential, which Ladhams doesn't have if he's not gonna be the #1 ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gray won't get enough midfield time to be worth it. If you must have an All-Australian forward/mid drafted by Port, get Wingard instead.
Agree ... Port developing the next generation midfield ....Gray not in the plans , maybe in stints, but not enough to consider

Bewely from Freo peaks my interest. Watched him a bit last year and liked what I saw. Nice left foot. Talk of him playing on a wing. Bit awkward at $250k but he’s on my watch list.

I’ll nominate him as a breakout contender. Really like his potential.

Agree ... Port developing the next generation midfield ....Gray not in the plans , maybe in stints, but not enough to consider
He is basically Ports Milera but just Better

Bailey Smith come on down
76 average
Going to be an a grader
Will be the last year we can get him forward. Anyone else see a 90+ average

So many mid priced forwards capable of increasing their price tag

t lynch
A brayshaw
Acres
Wingard
Lipinski
Simpkin
Steven
D Smith

Few golden picks potentially here

I’m a big advocate of a Whitfield with 3 mid priced forward structure this year. Dusty always falls as does heeney and toby is competing with 5 other a graders for midfield time. Big decisions!!

Bailey Smith come on down
76 average

Going to be an a grader
Will be the last year we can get him forward. Anyone else see a 90+ average

So many mid priced forwards capable of increasing their price tag

t lynch
A brayshaw
Acres
Wingard
Lipinski
Simpkin
Steven
D Smith

Few golden picks potentially here

I’m a big advocate of a Whitfield with 3 mid priced forward structure this year. Dusty always falls as does heeney and toby is competing with 5 other a graders for midfield time. Big decisions!!
I agree, will be a good player .....but 2nd year players I have little faith in, historically speaking ......and the Bullies have such a strong midfield

I'm keeping an eye on McLean ....had a shocker last year, can he bounce back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back