Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be watching a different match. Nick's had his head screwed on the entire match. Played quite well to this point.
He had that moment when the break happened. Had a few words to his box.
Right then, the lights/black out occurred. Perfect timing to calm him down and relax a few more moments.

Nick doesn’t look as focused on Sonego’s service games. Anyone else agree?!

He used his serving to blast away Sonengo. He was absorbing, conserving energy during Sonengo’s serve. Worked perfectly. Get the leg up early in the first set, then cruised.
Interesting point was spoken about. Nadal and often Djokovic notorious for taking their time and milking the clock during service points. Kyrgios literally gives no spare time and serves within 5 seconds after each point. Is there a rule or period where a server must wait in order for the returner to settle? Sonengo had no opportunity nor momentum to settle into Kyrgios’ serve.

He used his serving to blast away Sonengo. He was absorbing, conserving energy during Sonengo’s serve. Worked perfectly. Get the leg up early in the first set, then cruised.
Interesting point was spoken about. Nadal and often Djokovic notorious for taking their time and milking the clock during service points. Kyrgios literally gives no spare time and serves within 5 seconds after each point. Is there a rule or period where a server must wait in order for the returner to settle? Sonengo had no opportunity nor momentum to settle into Kyrgios’ serve.

Returner must be ready when the server is ready. Unless this has been changed recently and I doubt it has, that's the rule.

He had that moment when the break happened. Had a few words to his box.
Right then, the lights/black out occurred. Perfect timing to calm him down and relax a few more moments.
Kyrgios was focussed and in control of his emotions in that match. Faced no break points. Nothing close to a meltdown. Few words to his box is something that happens every match.

The receiver must play to the speed of the server. Did you notice that sonego was getting awfully close to taking too long on every important point while serving in the first set?

i thought she was a chance. I watched Kozolva in Hobart and wasn't impressed at all.

Zverev is ripe for the taking. It won't be tonight but I can't see him going deep yet again.
Yeah that Italian fella was playing like SSC Napoli... so many unforced errors...

Returner must be ready when the server is ready. Unless this has been changed recently and I doubt it has, that's the rule.
Interesting. Kyrgios doing the reverse by taking very little time in between. Doesn’t do the whole take towel, swipe face, get balls, check balls then bounce a few times routine. Almost 30 seconds of not more.
Can the returner get a warning if Kyrgios at the line ready serve but their swiping themselves with the towel etc? The commentators made a good point in that. Oftentimes it’s the server taking the time

Kyrgios was focussed and in control of his emotions in that match. Faced no break points. Nothing close to a meltdown. Few words to his box is something that happens every match.

The receiver must play to the speed of the server. Did you notice that sonego was getting awfully close to taking too long on every important point while serving in the first set?

He wanted to take the time out of the game. Can’t blame him.
He was flustered half the time due how fast Nic was serving and little break in between.

Interesting. Kyrgios doing the reverse by taking very little time in between. Doesn’t do the whole take towel, swipe face, get balls, check balls then bounce a few times routine. Almost 30 seconds of not more.
Can the returner get a warning if Kyrgios at the line ready serve but their swiping themselves with the towel etc? The commentators made a good point in that. Oftentimes it’s the server taking the time

Haven't seen it enforced, but yes you can get code warnings for not being ready. Usually it's the other way with the serve clock.

He wanted to take the time out of the game. Can’t blame him.
He was flustered half the time due how fast Nic was serving and little break in between.

He'd have known that before the match, poor prep if that's what flustered him.

5 matches still in progress past midnight. Fair effort

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewitt just wants to be seen. he won't go away.

I remember a few years ago, 7 had him in as commentator and his colour comments were quite literally "he'll be disappointed that didn't go in" and "it's hit the net, you just need elevation on those shots." the guy is a bogan fu**head despite how good he was at age 20.

doesn’t matter what he would say, you’d criticise it. Rafter use to do the same thing Hewitt is doing now, it’s not for selfish reasons

Hewitt just wants to be seen. he won't go away.

I remember a few years ago, 7 had him in as commentator and his colour comments were quite literally "he'll be disappointed that didn't go in" and "it's hit the net, you just need elevation on those shots." the guy is a bogan fu**head despite how good he was at age 20.
FFS what a load of crap.

Hewitt is just passionate about his tennis and the Aussie players. He just wants to show his support.

Also FWIW those comments you quoted, you could name every tennis commentator ever with similar obvious comments. He is a decent special comments man. Actually gives good insight.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Going to be warmer today.

Fed to the night session, Novak to the day.

AO scheduling is nothing if not predictable.
Feds opponent played 5 sets and finished late yesterday. Novaks opponent had an easier match and finished earlier. Novak is still the 3rd match, where I would have expected Barty to be if we didn't have all the delays.

it is a sensible decision to have Fed starting real late to give his opponent the best chance to recover. On the first day, Novak played the night and Fed the day.

Feds opponent played 5 sets and finished late yesterday. Novaks opponent had an easier match and finished earlier. Novak is still the 3rd match, where I would have expected Barty to be if we didn't have all the delays.

it is a sensible decision to have Fed starting real late to give his opponent the best chance to recover. On the first day, Novak played the night and Fed the day.
Yes Novak finished later then Fed, should let him play later again to give him the best chance to recover.

And, yes, I did know that on the cooler day they put Federer during the day and Novak at night.

Yes Novak finished later then Fed, should let him play later again to give him the best chance to recover.

And, yes, I did know that on the cooler day they put Federer during the day and Novak at night.

It's no surprise, Novak has been screwed by organisers for years especially in Australia. Can't wait till Fed chokes again. Was so funny seeing him choke at Wimbledon last year! That was the comedy on 2019!

It's no surprise, Novak has been screwed by organisers for years especially in Australia. Can't wait till Fed chokes again. Was so funny seeing him choke at Wimbledon last year! That was the comedy on 2019!
Please don't try and help

Going to be warmer today.

Fed to the night session, Novak to the day.

AO scheduling is nothing if not predictable.
Oh what a surprise. Djokovic deserves more respect. Absolutely gets treated like trash but he always comes out with humility and his game does the talking.
Well guess Aussies Fed gets the prime time..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back