A-League Round 15 - The Original Derby II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it's me, the poor, insensitive cry baby seems personally offended by all things associated with the City Football Group, and those dastardly, evil Arab Billionaires 😆😆😆😆
Its probably more that you are just a terrible poster rather than your team of support.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Big Blue is always the biggest game of the round it’s in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't you agree that there is a lot more on the line between City v Perth ? Victory's season is shot, will not make the finals/playoffs. The main interest for me in that game is by how many goals Sydney will flog them by .

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Wouldn't you agree that there is a lot more on the line between City v Perth ? Victory's season is shot, will not make the finals/playoffs. The main interest for me in that game is by how many goals Sydney will flog them by .
Victory are a game out of the 6, these are the two biggest clubs, it's the biggest game

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

No I wouldn’t agree.

The Big Blue is the biggest game besides the Grand Final in the season.
Bigger than the Melbourne derby and bigger than the Sydney derby.
Only reason it doesn’t get the same size crowd is the 1000km distance between the 2.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Victory are a game out of the 6, these are the two biggest clubs, it's the biggest game

Well that is an indictment on the finals system and the other bottom rung teams in the league inn't ?

The gap between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory right now is probably similar to that between Liverpool and Man Ure in the Premier League.

Also living in Melbourne, the hype/buzz for this game is nowhere as big as it was a few years ago.

Maybe it's just the apathy towards the league currently in general, the crowds and tv ratings for the games in Melbourne (at least) for the big blue have fallen away in the last couple of years.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Can someone please start the round 16 thread soon, some really good, if not season defining games to discuss (City v Perth probably the biggest one, plus another Big Blue)

Will start it on Thursday (day before the round starts) like I always do mate.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Big blue is important as an overall match (probably similar to the Dreamtime and Anzac games in the afl) in being the clubs are massive and the games are seen as important no matter where the clubs are currently sitting. But overall i think the 2 most important games of the round are the city/Perth and western/Adelaide games. The league is in a spot where nobody (including the league itself) has cared enough to make it a success, with expansion taking too long for the good of the league, it doesn’t help when you have 11 teams and a top 6 ( it can be argued that more games matter we all know that the top 6 is often fractured between those who are good enough and the underdogs).

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back