Player Watch Ronin O'Connor - Delisted

What’s your opinion?

• Total voters
Potential tagging option?

If it doesn't work out, potentially.

That said O'Connor is a quick 191 cm midfielder who has potential to grow. It if it clicks (And I want to stress if), he could potentially have an AA ceiling as an in/out midfielder.

Last edited:

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

That said O'Connor quick 191 cm midfielder who has potential to grow. It if it clicks (And I want to stress if), he could potentially have an AA ceiling as an in/out midfielder.
Yep , even an Elliot Yeo lite would be pretty flippin great

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Club’s been focusing a lot on his leadership skills which is a great quality to have, wish they’d focus more on the footy side of his game though

Great that Ronin’s identified strength and conditioning as areas of improvement, though

Love the name. Makes me think of this

giphy%20(49).gif

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The footage of his highlights shows a guy who’s pretty efficient in what he does. I’m particularly impressed with some of his quick handball gives. Reminds me a bit like Greenwood, not quite the big numbers but handy impact. Keen to see the progress on this guy!

D Style

All Australian
Oct 13, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
53 Cans Indoor Cricket Club
Ronin has left the Westlife

Great pun and well done given the WA connection. But i have to clarify Ronan Keating was in Boyzone...... But I'm a middle aged man that knows too much about boybands...Sorry.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

That said O'Connor is a quick 191 cm midfielder who has potential to grow. It if it clicks (And I want to stress if), he could potentially have an AA ceiling as an in/out midfielder.

He's going to be like Ricky Henderson but with an inside game and he won't take 200 games to get up to speed

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
This is probably the biggest whole in your list (with Greenwood and CEY gone).

Hopefully he is AFL ready soon, to play alongside Sloane and the Crouches for several years

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is probably the biggest whole in your list (with Greenwood and CEY gone).

Hopefully he is AFL ready soon, to play alongside Sloane and the Crouches for several years
That would be hole not whole but anyway...
Matt
Brad
Sloane
Polholke
(Wilson) - not really AFL level

I think that's enough pure inside mids, and throw in Milera, Jones, Gibbs and Knight (?) who can be in/out

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Matt
Brad
Sloane
Polholke

I think that's enough pure inside mids, and throw in Milera, Jones, Gibbs and Knight (?) who can be in/out
We're clearly trying to add some height to our midfield atm. Maybe the coaches think our mids aren't taking enough marks.

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Matt
Brad
Sloane
Polholke

It’s been covered above but they’re all short people. We have the least height in our midfield of any team in the AFL by a long way. That’s what was being referred to. It is a glaring hole, and is just one of the reasons why Cripps, Fyfe, Bont and co tear us a new one every time we play them. Sloane on Cripps late last year was almost comical.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
It’s been covered above but they’re all short people. We have the least height in our midfield of any team in the AFL by a long way. That’s what was being referred to. It is a glaring hole, and is just one of the reasons why Cripps, Fyfe, Bont and co tear us a new one every time we play them. Sloane on Cripps late last year was almost comical.
Do Richmond or GWS have a 190cm midfielder between them?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cripps, Fyfe, Bont play pretty well against most teams. Merrett, Neale, Shuey, Treloar, Rockliff, Boak, Gaff, Sheed, Taranto, Kelly, Prestia, Kelly, Selwood, Gray, Murphy, Walsh and Hunter all had 30+ against us last year and none of them are more than 184cm

i don't think height has anything to do with 'tearing us a new one'

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Anyone know what our marking stats were like for our mids in 2019? I going by the assumption that the coaches want more marks out of the midfield if they are pushing for recruiting taller mids.

Back