Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even trying. Would be nice he played someone that has weapons to push him a bit before gets a head of steam up later in the week. He will do this to Millman as well. You need a big game to be any chance.

Are you kidding? Millman is Fed’s kryptonite, he will smash him:p

So glad John has made it through to the third round 👍😀 Did not expect him to win tonight.

Not even trying. Would be nice he played someone that has weapons to push him a bit before gets a head of steam up later in the week. He will do this to Millman as well. You need a big game to be any chance.
not really disagreeing with you but I will point out that Millman won their last match against each at grand slam level. he has a very good record against him really for his rank old Millman. if we wanted to give Millman the best chance he has got, it would be played in the middle of the day at Melbourne arena. Sadly, it isn't going to happen and it will be a night game. Nine will have 1 or both of barty and Millman for the night.

In a way, it would be good to see Millman on RLA. I don't know if he has played their often or if at all. he deserves it. I also hope the Aussie crowd cheers for the Aussie. I am not one of those people who think you have to cheer an Aussie, but Millman is such a fighter, you can not hate him. The Fed love in from some fanbois is unbearable and I would hate for that to be the overriding atmosphere in the match. I think and hope we are better than the Yanks in this regard

not really disagreeing with you but I will point out that Millman won their last match against each at grand slam level. he has a very good record against him really for his rank old Millman. if we wanted to give Millman the best chance he has got, it would be played in the middle of the day at Melbourne arena. Sadly, it isn't going to happen and it will be a night game. Nine will have 1 or both of barty and Millman for the night.
Even in the middle of the day it won't make much of a difference, the way the stadium trapped that humidity in at the US Open was always going to trouble someone at that age who isn't used to it. This is a far more fresher Federer without those conditions, Federer's form would have to drop off a cliff for the Milkman to have a sniff.

Even in the middle of the day it won't make much of a difference, the way the stadium trapped that humidity in at the US Open was always going to trouble someone at that age who isn't used to it. This is a far more fresher Federer without those conditions, Federer's form would have to drop off a cliff for the Milkman to have a sniff.
Correct, Federer will wipe him in straight. Doesn't have the weapons to hurt him regardless of past results. Fed would be aware of their last meeting and will be keen to send a reminder that it won't happen again.

After first two sets I stopped watching went and watched a show. Come back two hrs later and he's won a set and now just won the 4th. Wow wasn't expecting this earlier. Great fight back from Thompson!
I like his competitive spirit. You dont have to be talented to make extra rounds but you do have to have grit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCA should be ground pass only. Not like any of the big names will play here anyway so Tennis Australia will still make their dough.

A match like this Thompson - Fognini one deserves a full house.

That BH down the line from Thompson in his last service game gave me an adrenaline rush. If he wins this tonight I might have trouble sleeping later on lol

a fair effort for Fognini to play 10 sets of tennis in 2 days. Shame there is an artificial finishing line coming up really soon.

Arrhhhh and we have that dumb 5th set tie breaker to come...

Mainly because that useless Yank can’t return
Just need Fed to lose a 5th set tiebreaker this tournament and they will change it soon enough.

Wimbledon have it just about right if they want to go down that path.

Just need Fed to lose a 5th set tiebreaker this tournament and they will change it soon enough.

Wimbledon have it just about right if they want to go down that path.

French have it the best which is sad in itself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back