A-League Round 16 - The Big Blue Australia Day Weekend Round!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 16 and some big matches with the Unite Big Blue between Victory V Sydney FC on Friday night always an important match no matter their ladder positions. Also Kosta 'the snake' Barbarouses returns to AAMI Park! Probably the most important match of the round is on Saturrday night when second place City take on third place Perth, can City get a crowd for that match? We finish off the round on Australia Day with another big match in Melbourne with Western United playing Adelaide for their first match in the heart of the western suburbs at the Whitten Oval.

A-League Round 16

Friday 24th January
Wellington Phoenix V Newcastle Jets, Westpac Stadium, 5:15pm ESDT 7:15 NZLT
Melbourne Victory V Sydney FC, AAMI Park, 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 25th January
Cental Coast Mariners V Brisbane Roar, BlueTongue Stadium, 5:00pm ESDT (ABC TV Broadcast match, Check Local your guides)
Melbourne City V Perth Glory, AAMI Park. 7:30pm ESDT

Sunday 26th January
Western United V Adelaide United, Whitten Oval, 6:00pm ESDT

Bye: Western Sydney Wanderers

Predictions: Nix 3-0 Syd 2-1 CCM v Bris 2-2 Perth 2-1 WU 2-0

Happy Australia day long weekend and enjoy your Football! :)

Last edited:
We (City) owe Perf some serious payback. But sadly, I reckon we will get rolled again. Glory have had our number, especially at Seagull/AAMI Park for years. They are a very bad match up for us.

Also I expect The Smurfs to beat Victory by a minimum of 3 goals. The gulf between the two bitter rivals is as wide as it's ever been, not even the return of Kiwi Messi will do much to help The Noisy Neighbours from Docklands.

Adelaide really need to stem a spate of bad results against Westen United as well, another game that is going to be very entertaining and high scoring, I believe.

We (City) owe Perf some serious payback. But sadly, I reckon we will get rolled again. Glory have had our number, especially at Seagull/AAMI Park for years. They are a very bad match up for us.

Also I expect The Smurfs to beat Victory by a minimum of 3 goals. The gulf between the two bitter rivals is as wide as it's ever been, not even the return of Kiwi Messi will do much to help The Noisy Neighbours from Docklands.

Adelaide really need to stem a spate of bad results against Westen United as well, another game that is going to be very entertaining and high scoring, I believe.

Perth are in hot form and have a good record at AAMI that's why I picked them to win. Still can go either way, But if City perform to their best they will win

Don't be so surprised if Victory give Sydney a real hot go I don't think we will win but Victory have a nack of performing as underdogs and under adversary! you do remember the derby yeah? ;) Also last time we played them we had half a squad out and only lost 2-1 after leading at halftime! Donachie will be a big loss down back through.

Ola does love the little snipe every now and then.

Also, what's happened to Traore, he used to be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handbags by both players.

It's pretty petty, I mean they aren't the only club that do it but it's a bit weak.

Kosta served them well.

How is it petty? It was bundled over the line, and it wasn't even clear who it came off last for a few minutes. What's petty is the obsession with us.
He scored the goal. Even our stupid MC Jarrod Walsh acknowledges the oppo goalscorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back