Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've set up plans for recovery long term. There's only so much that can be done now and even though it would feel wonderful to say hey congrats for losing your town here's 10 mil, without direction it's all going to be wasted.

It's not like they're hoarding the money and banking interest either.

This is all just spin by the government. Hey look over there!

They've set up plans for recovery long term. There's only so much that can be done now and even though it would feel wonderful to say hey congrats for losing your town here's 10 mil, without direction it's all going to be wasted.

It's not like they're hoarding the money and banking interest either.

This is all just spin by the government. Hey look over there!
Been close enough to these groups to know not to donate to them. Give your money more local (I confess I did give to salvos through laziness).

That's a bit of a half truth though. They -have- been injecting about 1mil a day into things since we'll before this.

The "now" in there infers this is a new initiative. But it's not.

Been close enough to these groups to know not to donate to them. Give your money more local (I confess I did give to salvos through laziness).

Yeah I paid into this https://mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld

But these accusations are coming from pollies, and I know some good people who work in a few of the charity groups.
I know who id trust with money as it stands anyway.

If the NSW government was so concerned about getting money to those who need it there's a thousand other places they could have started with in their own offices.

That's a bit of a half truth though. They -have- been injecting about 1mil a day into things since we'll before this.

The "now" in there infers this is a new initiative. But it's not.

Yeah I paid into this https://mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld

But these accusations are coming from pollies, and I know some good people who work in a few of the charity groups.
I know who id trust with money as it stands anyway.

If the NSW government was so concerned about getting money to those who need it there's a thousand other places they could have started with in their own offices.
True, but the stats are not being disputed.

this fund is an awesome local fund, very lucky to have it,
January 22 2020 - 3:23PM
Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund has been given an injection of star power
  • Gregor Mactaggart and Cher Jimenez
News

Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund president John Mitchell. photograph cher jimenez.

Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund president John Mitchell. photograph cher jimenez.

Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund's bushfire appeal has been given an injection of star power.
Three Australian icons last week offered their services to assist in the fundraising efforts for people impacted by the East Gippsland blaze.
Actor Eric Bana, tennis icon Pat Rafter and Formula One legend Mark Webber have joined forces to host a dinner for 12 at EZARD restaurant in Melbourne for the highest bidder.
Mr Bana explained why the trio decided to team up for a great cause.
"I think it was a fear that individually we were worth nothing and that the three of us together might do a bit better," Mr Bana told 2GB.
"It's a night we're really looking forward to.
"No questions will be off-limits."
GERF president John Mitchell said 50 per cent of the proceeds from the auction, organised by the Flinders Lane eatery, would go to the Gippsland-based relief organisation with the other half donated to the Red Cross.
The top bid as of Sunday night was $35,250, with the auction set to close at 7pm on January 21.
The efforts of Mr Bana, Mr Rafter, the two-time US Open champion and Mr Webber, who won nine Grand Prix races, follow in the footsteps of Essendon captain Dyson Heppell.
Mr Heppell raised more than $300,000 earlier this month by shaving off his trademark blonde locks.
"Being a proud Gippy boy, I have felt particularly distressed about what is happening to our beautiful land and people's homes, as well as our wildlife affected in the area," he said.
"On behalf of everyone at the Bombers, my thoughts are currently with all those who have been affected by the bushfire crisis.
"I'd also like to acknowledge the firefighters, volunteers and emergency service workers who are putting their own lives on the line.
"All funds from the campaign will be donated to the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund and Wildlife Victoria."
The support of the stars and the wider community means GERF is well on their way to realise the target goal of $5 million.
The fund's latest figure released to the public was $3,879,934.
Mr Mitchell said GERF had approved 940 referrals from community members who have either lost their homes or experienced severe property damage and a total of $2,057,500 in cash transferred.
"That's 57 per cent of what we already passed on for those people in need," he told The Express.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jokes aside, does the fact the pigs are just as emotionally deep as dogs and as smart, if not smarter then dogs change how you feel about eating them?

Must admit since I’ve seen petrified pigs about to be slaughtered I’m a bit torn. To put it into context I didn’t grow up farming but had uncles with farms and was taught how to slaughter sheep, cows & emus from a very young age. I was taught and believe if you can’t take an animals life then you aren’t worthy to consume an animal.

But I was never exposed to slaughtering an animal that knew it was coming. Since I saw the footage of a pig that knew it was about to be killed I haven’t enjoyed pork as much. #high thoughts

Jokes aside, does the fact the pigs are just as emotionally deep as dogs and as smart, if not smarter then dogs change how you feel about eating them?

Must admit since I’ve seen petrified pigs about to be slaughtered I’m a bit torn. To put it into context I didn’t grow up farming but had uncles with farms and was taught how to slaughter sheep, cows & emus from a very young age. I was taught and believe if you can’t take an animals life then you aren’t worthy to consume an animal.

But I was never exposed to slaughtering an animal that knew it was coming. Since I saw the footage of a pig that knew it was about to be killed I haven’t enjoyed pork as much. #high thoughts

Did you watch Dominion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back