The Bigfooty Official Week 14 NBA Thread. The return of Zion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you have the cap room? I think you have roughly $100 million allocated to nine players for next season.

If Brogdon's worth $21 million and Rubio $17 million, I'd have VanVleet pegged in that $15-17 mil range. Rozier personally I'd have at $8-10 million.

The Pacers getting the Brogdon and Sabonis deals done for a combined $40 million was good business.
Fairly sure we should have enough space provided Drummond opts out, which he has pretty much said he definitely will. I'd say Markeiff would be 50/50 if he opts in or not depending on his second half of the season.

Fairly sure we should have enough space provided Drummond opts out, which he has pretty much said he definitely will. I'd say Markeiff would be 50/50 if he opts in or not depending on his second half of the season.

Cheers, didn't realise that Drummond was thinking of opting out. That obviously changes everything.

Cheers, didn't realise that Drummond was thinking of opting out. That obviously changes everything.

Yeah he has said he will opt out, although I don't think he will get anywhere near what he is expecting so he may change his mind. I wouldn't want to pay him over 20 million.

Speaking of PER Giannis with 32.7 this season.

Currently highest of all time is 31.82 (Wilt).

Difference between Giannis at one and Wilt at two is the same between 2nd all time and 13th. And being that PER isn't linear, it's probably double that.

Crazy season.

You're way off base here.

George Hill has a TS% of 69%, an assist/TO ratio of 3.5/1 and a PER of 19, if you're wanting to compare with Rozier.

The Bucks' bench is phenomenal, and Hill has been the best of the bunch. Please don't tell me I'm trolling.

Dinwiddie and VanVleet are both better players than Rozier.

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that $10 million buys you a minimum chips. It's not supposed to.

$19 million is more than one sixth of your salary cap. It's supposed to buy you an above average starter. On a good team, Rozier is your 7th best player, period.

Brooklyn is 8.6 points per 100 possessions better off with Dinwiddie on the floor.

Charlotte are 10..4 points per 100 better off with Rozier OFF the floor. I think I know who I'd rather. Incidentally, Devonte Graham tracks similar to Dinwiddie.

Rozier is still a ball-stopper who doesn't produce enough to justify that that tendency.

His shot selection and efficiency inside the arc is still a problem. His lack of court vision is still a problem, if he is as you insist a PG. His lack of defence is still a problem. And if he ever chucks another wobbly as he did in Boston, he'll become damn near unmovable.

Oh, I'll take that bet.

Fred Vanvleet. Josh Richardson. Joe Harris. Bjelica. Holmes. Alec Burks. Dorian Finney-Smith. PJ Tucker. Jae Crowder.

Extend to $12 million - still far less than Rozier - and I'll throw in Smart, Dinwiddie, Warren, Lamb, Satoransky, Ingles, Melo, Hood, Nurkic (if healthy), Covington & Beverley.

I'm not 'way off base'. The guy is 0. AND I REPEAT ZERO chance of winning 6th man. He is over $250 to 1.
I get you think hes had a good year. You're probably right, but he is absolutely nowhere near 6th man.

Rozier is our 7th best player?
* me that's funny. I'm not even going to read the rest after that.
Id say before the season you wouldn't have even heard of 6 of our other players!
Please go ahead and name the 6 better than him on our roster. This should be ******* funny given the names your pulling out from other teams.

Jesus you're naming Holmes, Burks and Finney-Smith
You're 100% trolling now. Before it could've been stupidity now its just pure troll.

Oh and $10m does get you pretty much SFA now.
Around the $10m mark are Roberson, Nene, Henson, Delly, Exum, Delon Wright, Snell, Joseph, Courtney Lee, Nance Jr,

Eric ******* Gordon is getting $20m in 2 years time.

You really think a guy averaging 17 4 and 4 on good shooting as a point guard on a horrible team deserves the same money as like a 5th bench player playing 12 minutes a game?

I mean your troll couldn't be more obvious.

Just say "i dont rate him" and be done with it, instead of trying to justify with bullshit.

Delon Wright is a better player than Rozier but keeps getting stuck in bad situations for himself probably because he has a s**t manager

I mean hes the 4th or 5th best guard on the roster.
If you call that good then I guess so.

This guy is arguing you dont pay $18m for 30 min starters, but going to justify paying $10m for 5th best guard getting 7 points and 19 minutes a game.

I know what you're saying: He would be better somewhere else where he gets more opportunities.

I'm still waiting to hear which 6 hornets players he thinks are better. I think he's googling our roster right now

I mean hes the 4th or 5th best guard on the roster.
If you call that good then I guess so.

This guy is arguing you dont pay $18m for 30 min starters, but going to justify paying $10m for 5th best guard getting 7 points and 19 minutes a game.

I know what you're saying: He would be better somewhere else where he gets more opportunities.

I'm still waiting to hear which 6 hornets players he thinks are better. I think he's googling our roster right now
I said he was better than Rozier not that he was good ;) but Wright should be getting more than 20 minutes a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not 'way off base'. The guy is 0. AND I REPEAT ZERO chance of winning 6th man. He is over $250 to 1.
I get you think hes had a good year. You're probably right, but he is absolutely nowhere near 6th man.

I don't see any candidate as being head and shoulders above him.

You were way off base by saying that "he doesn't even average double figures". Ask Bucks fans about George Hill, that's all I can say.

is our 7th best player?
fu** me that's funny. I'm not even going to read the rest after that.
Id say before the season you wouldn't have even heard of 6 of our other players!
Please go ahead and name the 6 better than him on our roster. This should be ******* funny given the names your pulling out from other teams.

You're not reading my posts properly.

I said that Rozier is a 7th best player ON A GOOD TEAM. I have clearly separated Charlotte from that equation on several occasions. I know who is on your team. On a good team, Rozier is a 7th best player. You don't pay your 7th best player $19 million out of a $109 million salary cap. However, in Charlotte's position, I don't hate the move.

Which part of this are you finding so difficult to comprehend? I could not have made this much clearer.

Jesus you're naming Holmes, Burks and Finney-Smith
You're 100% trolling now. Before it could've been stupidity now its just pure troll.

Look, I don't mind debating this with you, but if you're going to write off your poor reading comprehension and questionable player evaluation as me 'trolling', then there's probably very little point.

Richaun Holmes has been very good for Sacramento. He's making the MLE.

Alec Burks pretty much provides for Golden State what Rozier does for Charlotte, only at less than 15% of the cost. Check the stats for yourself.

Dorian Finney-Smith plays 30 mins a game as a starter at a salary of $4 million. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but your challenge was to find one player in the NBA playing 30 minutes as a starter at less than $10 million. I found you several reasonable candidates.

You could just admit that you're wrong. Or you could call me stupid, and a troll. Whatever works for you.

Oh and $10m does get you pretty much SFA now.
Around the $10m mark are Roberson, Nene, Henson, Delly, Exum, Delon Wright, Snell, Joseph, Courtney Lee, Nance Jr,

Eric ******* Gordon is getting $20m in 2 years time.

You really think a guy averaging 17 4 and 4 on good shooting as a point guard on a horrible team deserves the same money as like a 5th bench player playing 12 minutes a game?

I mean your troll couldn't be more obvious.

Just say "i dont rate him" and be done with it, instead of trying to justify with bullshit.

Nene is making the vet minimum, so I dunno WTF you're getting your info from.

Delon Wright is a player I'd rate in the same ballpark as Rozier. He's making about half as much money, which is about right.

And yes, some of the names in that list are badly overpaid. But they are the exceptions, not the norm. They're certainly not examples by which to dictate your spending if you're a GM.

I've justified what I've said with player comparisons, salary cap mathematics, advanced stats and qualifiers. And I've done it respectfully. Apparently that qualifies as 'stupidity' and/or trolling. Sounds like millennial-speak equivalent to calling anyone who disagrees with them a 'hater', but whatever.

Oh yeh that guys on like $9m too isnt he? Son of Skeletor :D

Wut?

Yes, Felicio is hideously overpaid. But for the 99th time, that is not the benchmark by which to judge Rozier's contract. That's like saying that having AIDS is better than having cancer.

I don't see any candidate as being head and shoulders above him.

You were way off base by saying that "he doesn't even average double figures". Ask Bucks fans about George Hill, that's all I can say.

You're not reading my posts properly.

I said that Rozier is a 7th best player ON A GOOD TEAM. I have clearly separated Charlotte from that equation on several occasions. I know who is on your team. On a good team, Rozier is a 7th best player. You don't pay your 7th best player $19 million out of a $109 million salary cap. However, in Charlotte's position, I don't hate the move.

Which part of this are you finding so difficult to comprehend? I could not have made this much clearer.

Look, I don't mind debating this with you, but if you're going to write off your poor reading comprehension and questionable player evaluation as me 'trolling', then there's probably very little point.

Richaun Holmes has been very good for Sacramento. He's making the MLE.

Alec Burks pretty much provides for Golden State what Rozier does for Charlotte, only at less than 15% of the cost. Check the stats for yourself.

Dorian Finney-Smith plays 30 mins a game as a starter at a salary of $4 million. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but your challenge was to find one player in the NBA playing 30 minutes as a starter at less than $10 million. I found you several reasonable candidates.

You could just admit that you're wrong. Or you could call me stupid, and a troll. Whatever works for you.

Nene is making the vet minimum, so I dunno WTF you're getting your info from.

Delon Wright is a player I'd rate in the same ballpark as Rozier. He's making about half as much money, which is about right.

And yes, some of the names in that list are badly overpaid. But they are the exceptions, not the norm. They're certainly not examples by which to dictate your spending if you're a GM.

I've justified what I've said with player comparisons, salary cap mathematics, advanced stats and qualifiers. And I've done it respectfully. Apparently that qualifies as 'stupidity' and/or trolling. Sounds like millennial-speak equivalent to calling anyone who disagrees with them a 'hater', but whatever.

Wut?

Yes, Felicio is hideously overpaid. But for the 99th time, that is not the benchmark by which to judge Rozier's contract. That's like saying that having AIDS is better than having cancer.
He doesnt average double figures. That's a fact not an opinion. I wonder what bucks fans will say about a bucks player... hmmm
You know I reckon Rozier would have a similar TS% if he was playing next to Giannis too.
FWIW Roziers TS% is 55% which is the most in his career and considered 'good' in what is one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Well there are about 20 candidates well above Hill.
Rose, Powell, Bertans, Schroeder, Williams, Harrell just off the top of my head would be miles miles in front. But there would be at least 20 candidates.

You could just admit you were wrong about Hill...

You are trolling. There are tons more overpaid players in the league than Rozier as I have shown you multiple times with lists of names and stats to back it up.
If there's that many that are as overpaid or more overpaid then in reality he isn't overpaid is he?

There was no need for the original poster to have a crack after 1 poor game, especially because he's been pretty good this season.
(and had 3 x 20 point games in the three games before that)

Finney-Smith plays 29 minutes a game for 9 points and 5 rebounds a game. And you cant see why he isn't paid the same as Rozier?
Holmes doesn't play 30 minutes either for his 13 and 8.
I guess close enough is good enough for you with your 'facts'

Question is do we create a post every time one of these guys has a bad game?
Do we have posts calling out 30 other players around Rozier who are also overpaid?

Unlike anyone else here pretty much, I watch a lot of the hornets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back