Serena Williams Grand Slam Watch

How many more grand slams will Serena win?

• 1 - level with Court

• 2 - eclipse Court

• 3+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever we think of Margaret Court personally she is in my eyes the greatest female tennis player of all time. How many tennis experts keep on stating Serena is the greats tennis of all time is beyond me. Look at their stats side by side and Margaret has Serena covered in every respect!!

Still going with 0.

If anyone deserves to fall just short of the record in women's tennis, it's her. Might be a slice of karma.

After the disgrace of the Osaka final she deserves to win 0 more

I actually like Serena and think she is without doubt the goat and deserves the 25 titles but after the US meltdown and subsequent failure to backdown, she lost my goodwill. Can’t see her getting past Court now.

I actually like Serena and think she is without doubt the goat and deserves the 25 titles but after the US meltdown and subsequent failure to backdown, she lost my goodwill. Can’t see her getting past Court now.

Serena ain’t the greatest of all time. How can she when her win loss ratio is 86% to courts 91%. Titles Serena 72 to Margaret Court 191. Grand slams Serena 23 to Margaret Court 24. Serena has never won the Calendar grand slam Margaret did this in 1970! Margaret won 11 Gs after having a baby (inc 3 grand slams after her 2nd child) Serena 0! Give Serena a wooden racquet and she would get creamed by the greats such as Court, Graf, Navratilova and evert

Serena ain’t the greatest of all time. How can she when her win loss ratio is 86% to courts 91%. Titles Serena 72 to Margaret Court 191. Grand slams Serena 23 to Margaret Court 24. Serena has never won the Calendar grand slam Margaret did this in 1970! Margaret won 11 Gs after having a baby (inc 3 grand slams after her 2nd child) Serena 0! Give Serena a wooden racquet and she would get creamed by the greats such as Court, Graf, Navratilova and evert
Yep all true but it’s far more competitive era now-and stats are always open to interpretation. It’s hard to compare I suppose but don’t think court dominated the sport in such a comprehensive fashion and for so long like serena has. Serena’s best tennis for a long time meant she was unbeatable.

She's a second-tier player now. If any of Halep, Kerber, Pliskova, Osaka and perhaps others bring their A game, she can't match them. She's had very easy runs at two consecutive Wimbledons and fallen over both times vs serious opposition. It's never nice watching a former champion play on in decline.

Yep all true but it’s far more competitive era now-and stats are always open to interpretation. It’s hard to compare I suppose but don’t think court dominated the sport in such a comprehensive fashion and for so long like serena has. Serena’s best tennis for a long time meant she was unbeatable.

Margaret Court was the best tennis player In the world in 1964, 1965, 1966, 1969, 1970 and 1973. Margaret did not play much tennis in 1967 and 1968 and 1971 and 1972 due to having children. What was amazing was after having her first child Margaret was 7 out of 8 grand slams she played in including the Calendar grand slam in 1970 and won 3 grand slams in 1973.

Serena to be considered the greatest of all time she needs to win 2 more slams which seems unlikely

IMO the 10 tennis greatest players I have seen in my life time from the 90’s are;

1. Serena Williams
2. Steffi Graf
3. Monica Seles (Monica And steffi would of swapped if it was not for Monica’s stabbing)
4. Venus Williams
5. Justine Henin
6. Martina Hingis
8. Kim Clijsters
9. Arantxa Sanchez - Vicario
10. Lindsay Davenport

IMO the 10 tennis greatest players I have seen in my life time from the 90’s are;

1. Serena Williams
2. Steffi Graf
3. Monica Seles (Monica And steffi would of swapped if it was not for Monica’s stabbing)
4. Venus Williams
5. Justine Henin
6. Martina Hingis
8. Kim Clijsters
9. Arantxa Sanchez - Vicario
10. Lindsay Davenport
My ranking would be very similar. Who would be your #10? Sharapova or maybe Sabatini (despite her sole slam)?

To me at this point it is less about the slam total and more about the longevity. Given Serena's last slam was now 20 years ago, if she wins 1 more that fact alone should take her past Court/Graf/Evert/Navrat etc. Navrat & Venus had finals 19-20 years apart, but their win spans were only 12 & 8 years respectively.

My ranking would be very similar. Who would be your #10? Sharapova or maybe Sabatini (despite her sole slam)?

To me at this point it is less about the slam total and more about the longevity. Given Serena's last slam was now 20 years ago, if she wins 1 more that fact alone should take her past Court/Graf/Evert/Navrat etc. Navrat & Venus had finals 19-20 years apart, but their win spans were only 12 & 8 years respectively.

Oh i forgot about Sharapova. I’ll place her at no.8 and Davenport goes to 11! As for Sabatini she was imo the most talented player in the late 80’s early 90’s but she was unfortunately playing against champion players such as Graf and Seles. Gaby had great wins against Graf and Seles and defeated them whilst they were no.1 but in grand slams her serve let her down. For consistency she was brilliant in the top 10 for 10 consecutive years. She won the us open in 1990 defeating Graf in straight sets and was very close to being no.1 in the world in 1991 when she was only 2 points away from winning Wimbledon but lost 8-6 in the third set. She still managed to win big titles tho. She won in Miami defeating evert in the final. Won the season ending championships at Madison square gardens in 1988 and 1994 and won 4 Italian opens. She was also a silver medalist becoming the first Argentinian to win an Olympic medal in 1988 but lost 15 grand slam semi finals. Imo she was definitely the greatest underachiever in the game had the talent but not the drive to be the one of the all time greats. She is in my top 10 best players of the 80’s and 90’s tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back