How will climate change impact your teams chances in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oi bro I am not looking for an argument. It is clear as day that human evolution is ******* up the planet. To deny this is friggin crazy.

View attachment 810092

Who said I was trying to start an argument with you?

You said "I dunno what that means bro ..." so I just copied and pasted what I'd written about the subject on another thread. Sorry if I caused offence.

Who said I was trying to start an argument with you?

You said "I dunno what that means bro ..." so I just copied and pasted what I'd written about the subject on another thread. Sorry if I caused offence.
Ahh nah sorry mate, when I said “argument” I more meant like a discussion on the topic.
Apologies for the strong word usage.

But my mind is pretty made up to what I said anyway so being me means I am stubborn with my opinion to this topic. 👍

Let's compare two sites from the same state in the US that have been recording temps for at least 100 years. The first one is a good site (Orland, CA). It still remains unaffected by external man-made influences. The second, (Marysville, CA) is a poor site that has been allowed to become more & more affected by such influences. The temperature trends of each are markedly different. It would be hard to argue that the local man-made factors have played absolutely no part in this.

View attachment 810083

View attachment 810085 View attachment 810086

Someone who took a good look at the site said - "The Marysville station is located behind the fire department building on a patio. In addition to the sensor being surrounded by asphalt and concrete, its also within 10 feet of buildings, and within 8 feet of a large metal cell tower that could be felt radiating heat. Additionally, air conditioning units on the cell tower electronics buildings vent copious amounts of warm air within 10 feet of the sensor. It is the site reviewers opinion that this USHCN site can no longer provide accurate data and should be removed from the USHCN list"

Same stuff happens here in Australia. Here in Perth our local BOM is so AGW propagandist (led by Neil Bennett on twitter) it's not funny. Some years ago when they weren't seeing the temperature increases they were hoping for, they moved Perth's official temperature station to a much warmer site, further away from the river. If that wasn't enough, in 2011 they changed the thermometer at the new station to a different type, known for reading on the higher side and bingo, in that year Perth experienced record heat.

Further reading here.
You’re a full blown denialist.

Do you think a couple of these irregular weather stations mean that all weather stations everywhere are the same and can’t be trusted?

Can you explain why here, the ornamental plum trees were flowering at the start of winter? Is that somehow a conspiracy? I have a picture of one tree that had lost its bottom leaves and had blossomed, but still maintained leaves in its crown. A bit odd considering they normally blossom in spring.

Did you ever stop to consider who is behind many of these websites that keep conservative minded people in their thrall?

Do you think a couple of these irregular weather stations mean that all weather stations everywhere are the same and can’t be trusted?

There's hundreds that have the same and/or worse UHI effects. This is why the warming signal from land-based equipment differs so much from the satellites. Want me to post some more examples?

Can you explain why here, the ornamental plum trees were flowering at the start of winter? Is that somehow a conspiracy? I have a picture of one tree that had lost its bottom leaves and had blossomed, but still maintained leaves in its crown. A bit odd considering they normally blossom in spring.

I have two ornamental plum trees in my garden and you are talking absolute horseshit.

There's hundreds that have the same and/or worse UHI effects. This is why the warming signal from land-based equipment differs so much from the satellites. Want me to post some more examples?

I have two ornamental plum trees in my garden and you are talking absolute horseshit.
I live in the northern hemisphere, and no I’m not talking s**t.

Unless you think I’m in on the conspiracy?

Should NASA's projections of the now started Grand Solar Minimum be correct, I would expect Geelong would have a bit more rain than usual this year... which can only be good for NTTAWWTta teams that can't handle outdoor weather when they come play us at the greatest stadium in the world.

.... winning...

All this money being spent on space exploration when we still have not fully explored our deepest oceans.

“cool man, let’s find another planet we can fcuk up”

But only the richest of the rich will send their great great great grandsons there.

What the hell are ornamental plums?
Why don't you grow edible plums?

My team aint going to win anything. Richmond supporters should stop eating crayons as they are bad for the environment. Suppose it’s a step down from microwaving plastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats avg age : 24.7 years

ninthnond avg age : 24.1 years

Interesting take. Pretty sure the average age of your 22 when you capitulated again to us last year was just under 27yrs (please go ahead and verfiy).

From that starting team, I'm guessing we can now subtract TK :rainbow:, Hendo and some other younger assorted spuds. To replace them, you've got Jack Steven, Duncan, Rohan, Porkins and wait............Jerka Jenkins!

I was never exceptional at maths, but I'd say those geriatrics mentioned above are going to raise that starting 22's average age even higher.

Good times indeed :thumbsu:

Interesting take. Pretty sure the average age of your 22 when you capitulated again to us last year was just under 27yrs (please go ahead and verfiy).

From that starting team, I'm guessing we can now subtract TK :rainbow:, Hendo and some other younger assorted spuds. To replace them, you've got Jack Steven, Duncan, Rohan, Porkins and wait............Jerka Jenkins!

I was never exceptional at maths, but I'd say those geriatrics mentioned above are going to raise that starting 22's average age even higher.

Cats avg age : 24.7 years

ninthnond avg age : 24.1 years

This is a climate change thread you deniers...take your sensible logical arguments to another thread

It appears you can’t read very well

All this money being spent on space exploration when we still have not fully explored our deepest oceans.

“cool man, let’s find another planet we can fcuk up”

But only the richest of the rich will send their great great great grandsons there.

Is that you Greta?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back