news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought there was going to be an incredible upset by Colares. Seemed quite devistated that he couldn't lock the choke in at the end.

Things building nicely 😀

Another angle

Usman is such a ******* lol. Goes on Rogan saying that Masvidal was quiet backstage and scared of him and then this video surfaces of him basically running backwards out of the room while yelling do something at him.

* I hope the campaigner gets gutter stomped.

Why Rogan actually respects Usman beyond his fighting ability is frustrating and confusing. The guy just doesn’t have anything to him.

He’s lucky Masvidals gonna build this fight up as a beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's how we see it. But id imagine to Whang its pretty disrespectful, on levels of conor/khabib
I don't mind trash talk but certain things should stay out if im to respect the fighter
I agree.
Also, I doubt Whang would be up with just how much of a "troll" world social media is and how ridiculously normal it has become.

Why Rogan actually respects Usman beyond his fighting ability is frustrating and confusing. The guy just doesn’t have anything to him.

He’s lucky Masvidals gonna build this fight up as a beauty.
Rogan respects Usman because he's not a bad person, and he's a dominate fighter and champion.
Usman ain't that bad... I still don't get the hate. I thought he was quite boring for a while, but I don't mind him now.

Masvidal has the bigger following, but Usman will also sell the fight well, especially by doing things like what happened between the 2 earlier today.

Pound for Pound rankings are now split male female (despite the UFC weirdly including them within 1 list in their latest announcement with two numbers 1s (male and female) and two number 2s etc).

Here is the female pound for pound rankings.

1. Nunes
2. Schev
3. Zhang
4. Andrade
5. Rose
6. Joana
7. Holly Holm
8. De Randamie

Going back to our discussion after UFC 246 regarding the quality of female MMA in the UFC... if Holly Holm is the seventh best fighter on p4p, then that pretty much gives you your answer.

People are looking for things to be upset by. Of all things fighters have done, that was pretty tame IMO

Don't disagree about people looking for things to be offended by, but if somoene made a joke about the bushfires would you be offended?

Don't disagree about people looking for things to be offended by, but if somoene made a joke about the bushfires would you be offended?
Never considered placing the 2 things together tbh. Youre probably right in comparing the 2 and yeah id have felt stronger about it in that case...

Still in either case of all things cage fighters have said to each other, it was pretty tame.

Usman ain't that bad... I still don't get the hate. I thought he was quite boring for a while, but I don't mind him now.
I think this is the problem though. He was never a tool because he never said too much, just worked his way up by doing what he does. With the focus of being the man he's probably feeling like he needs to show a little personality, and it's just not coming out right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back