List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think they want him to learn to play forward a bit so he can rest there and still be dangerous in the years to come.
I'm not sure what there is to object to since we have Ryder to cover for now and 50+ games to put into Ming.
Its also not like Marshall won't improve just because he's Not playing ruck. Of course he will!!! And he'll be a more rounded player because of it.

I just see the 2 years of Paddys contract. 2 years for Ming to develop, 2 years for Roma to develop in both positions. 2 years for Clark and Coff. Bytel, Parker, Long.. Claverino even. 2ys, 2ys, 2ys, 2ys...

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing it. I can't see why anyone wouldn't be..
The two points aren't mutually exclusive are they? in fulfilling a degree of obligation to RYDER playing in the Seniors ...Marshall may for limited time play forward, not the majority of time....thus developing a degree of versatility that never goes astray...all the while playing in the ruck for most of his playing time...as his best position....RYDER IF HE WORKS WELL FORWARD WILL BE UTILISED; IF HE TENDS TO THROW THE SIDE OUT OF WHACK THEN THAT WILL REVEAL ITSELF AND THAT OBLIGATION BY THE CLUB WILL DIMINISH..IN TIME..This is the year when these problems will be scrutinised and resolved.

I think playing 2 rucks with 1 chf and taking ruck duties forward of the centre and the other ruck playing a kick behind the ball defensive half could be a masterstroke..
That's an interesting thought......... I STILL think we are an elite midfielder or two away from any formula to work absolutely........are we getting a couple of A+ midfielders anytime soon or are we capable of home growing one or two from youth we have? Therein lies the heart of the matter in my opinion.

Bytel and King are the x-factor for the Saints. Both players are highly touted amidst a draft crop that has demonstrated it is AFL ready. Waslh, Lukosius, Rozee, Bing, Bailey Smith, Tarryn Thomas, Blakey, Butters, Quaynor, Jordan Clark, Duursma have all made immediate impacts and I would bet my house that Bytel and Ming would be backing themselves to the hilt to impress themselves on the competition, if they can get their bodies right.

Bytel and King are the x-factor for the Saints. Both players are highly touted amidst a draft crop that has demonstrated it is AFL ready. Waslh, Lukosius, Rozee, Bing, Bailey Smith, Tarryn Thomas, Blakey, Butters, Quaynor, Jordan Clark, Duursma have all made immediate impacts and I would bet my house that Bytel and Ming would be backing themselves to the hilt to impress themselves on the competition, if they can get their bodies right.
The Doult is the one I am following this pre season .He is a big unit and just came 2nd in the time trial .looks a bit like Jacob Hopper type player.
Reckon he could be a surprise pack from no where.

Last edited:
That's an interesting thought......... I STILL think we are an elite midfielder or two away from any formula to work absolutely........are we getting a couple of A+ midfielders anytime soon or are we capable of home growing one or two from youth we have? Therein lies the heart of the matter in my opinion.
Yeah, agree think we only need 1 of that elusive type of inside outside mid, good skills, decision maker, fast linebreaker.

We do have some hope tho, Gresh's 1st year as a mid last year and will only go better in 2020 + looks fit as. Clarke could potentially be that player, will surely improve a lot with another preseason and has all the tools. Hanners is proven quality as that type of player, hopefully his body will be in good shape - if it is we will be looking pretty good. Bytel hasnt played a game yet, but has big wraps on him being exactly that type of mid we need.

With all of the above pressure will be on Ross, Dunstan and Steele to earn their spot rather than not lose their spot, play out of their skins rather than try not to make mistakes because that wont be enough.

Add to that one of the leagues best ruckmen, who know has a quality support ruckmen and added run, carry and class with Hill our midfield may hopefully start looking a lot better😉

Yeah, agree think we only need 1 of that elusive type of inside outside mid, good skills, decision maker, fast linebreaker.

We do have some hope tho, Gresh's 1st year as a mid last year and will only go better in 2020 + looks fit as. Clarke could potentially be that player, will surely improve a lot with another preseason and has all the tools. Hanners is proven quality as that type of player, hopefully his body will be in good shape - if it is we will be looking pretty good. Bytel hasnt played a game yet, but has big wraps on him being exactly that type of mid we need.

With all of the above pressure will be on Ross, Dunstan and Steele to earn their spot rather than not lose their spot, play out of their skins rather than try not to make mistakes because that wont be enough.

Add to that one of the leagues best ruckmen, who know has a quality support ruckmen and added run, carry and class with Hill our midfield may hopefully start looking a lot better😉

Is that you Premo? :D

It's true though Bytel and Clark are crucial going forward as to how our midfield can develop!
Hopefully Hanners gets on the park much more and together with Hill and Jones coming in we
Suddenly have a multitude of options we can run through there!

As for Ryder, i am in the camp that he is a gamble most certainly worth taking for the next 2 years
Will help enormously in the ruck and is more than a capable pinch hitter forward when need be
I'd be expecting him to have a real impact as he seems to be rejuvenated joining the exciting young Saints!

And this can only be beneficial for Roma as clubs will be putting a lot more work into stopping him from influencing
Now the cat is out of the bag so to speak on his talents. With Ryder supporting, they may well become a fearsome
Ruck/Forward duo that could set us apart from the rest of the comp!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found this little pearl on the Adelaide board today.
Couldnt find the rumour thread so putting it here. Interesting bit of gossip I heard today. Darcy Fogarty knocked back an offer from St Kilda for approximately 5 million over 5 years. Wants to build a career at the AFC. Also Pyje rarely spoke to the young guys who weren’t in the best 22. And there weren’t many, apart from Riccuiti, who didn’t think Burton was a total loser.

Found this little pearl on the Adelaide board today.

Couldnt find the rumour thread so putting it here. Interesting bit of gossip I heard today. Darcy Fogarty knocked back an offer from St Kilda for approximately 5 million over 5 years. Wants to build a career at the AFC. Also Pyje rarely spoke to the young guys who weren’t in the best 22. And there weren’t many, apart from Riccuiti, who didn’t think Burton was a total loser.
XqULIFq.png

I think playing 2 rucks with 1 chf and taking ruck duties forward of the centre and the other ruck playing a kick behind the ball defensive half could be a masterstroke..
Everitt and Vidovic in 1997 was exactly that setup. Was working a treat until Lazar went down in rd 22 then worse when we lost Spider in the first final. Typical St Kilda luck. I like that setup if you have the players for it. Lazar certainly made forwards be a bit wary of where he was, well where his "uncoordinated" arms might be 😉

Anyone else having trouble with pop up adds
Telstra win a Samsung

Heard Bennell has done his calf again. Did anyone actually end up drafting him?
He’s training at the Dees hoping for a spot on the supplemental list at the end of March I think.

This is the most optimistic I have been in almost a decade.
While I am not sure we will make the eight, I am confident we will make significant progress towards that goal this year and I am optimistic that we will continue to progress in the near future. I like the look of our mids - clearly we addressed it as a problem, lets hope we are more than half way to where we need them to be.

We don't know what our young mids ( Bytel, Clark, Byrnes , even Paton or Langlands ) will be .

This is the most optimistic I have been in almost a decade.
While I am not sure we will make the eight, I am confident we will make significant progress towards that goal this year and I am optimistic that we will continue to progress in the near future. I like the look of our mids - clearly we addressed it as a problem, lets hope we are more than half way to where we need them to be.

if you look at what is currently being said in the preseason thread, not only will be be sh*t but we will be at the bottom of the ladder and and we have no skills at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back