Recommitted Christian Petracca [re-signs for two more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually not too bad for the Demons - players tend to elevate themselves in contract years and they could certainly use a spike in form from Petracca. Didn’t have an especially awful year last year though, and given how badly Melbourne played that is some consolation.

Surely a team like the Bulldogs or (god forbid) GWS has a look at him given their positional needs?

Actually not too bad for the Demons - players tend to elevate themselves in contract years and they could certainly use a spike in form from Petracca. Didn’t have an especially awful year last year though, and given how badly Melbourne played that is some consolation.

Surely a team like the Bulldogs or (god forbid) GWS has a look at him given their positional needs?

He was excellent last year if people actually paid attention.

Won't leave.

Had a very good 2019 in a team that went backwards at an alarming rate.

He's not the player he may have once been touted, but he's a good footballer and an important piece for the Demons. I'll be very surprised if he's playing elsewhere in 2021.

He's not the player he may have once been touted, but he's a good footballer and an important piece for the Demons. I'll be very surprised if he's playing elsewhere in 2021.

With Jones in his last year playing a similar hff / mid role they need Petracca and will have the cap room too.

Dees cant let half decent players go, they need every one of them.

Gold Coast may have a crack.

Why did I get a notification about this thread Lore ?
The only people that got notifications for this thread are the people who were following an existing thread about Petracca from 2019. So I'm guessing you must have posted in that one at some point (which adds it to your watch list unless you deliberately stop it from doing so).

The only people that got notifications for this thread are the people who were following an existing thread about Petracca from 2019. So I'm guessing you must have posted in that one at some point (which adds it to your watch list unless you deliberately stop it from doing so).

Ah! Thanks.

Petracca isn’t a free agent (I don’t believe) so I can’t see it being easy for someone to swoop in.

I’ve seen a few pics and he’s looking pretty ripped this preseason which is exactly what he needs. Melbourne supporters will know he had a great season last year so if there’s decent improvement his value will skyrocket for his next contract..

Still only 23 too. Probably going to find out if he can take the next step in 2020-21.

Heard he was disgruntled with the club late in the season last year. Maybe possible to pry him out? No doubt Demons would do everything they could to keep him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which was false.
It was false, or you believe it to be false?

The information i heard was sourced from his immediate family, but by the time it got to me it was already 3rd/4th hand information, so i can't be confident enough to present it as fact (although i trust the person who told it to me)

I reckon he loves the club too much.

Got my fingers crossed he'll be having a breakout season and elevate his game to yet another level, with players like Harmes and Jones pushing back to defence & pushing forward/playing for Casey respectively. In turn opening up some spots in inside midfield for him and Brayshaw.

It was false, or you believe it to be false?

The information i heard was sourced from his immediate family, but by the time it got to me it was already 3rd/4th hand information, so i can't be confident enough to present it as fact (although i trust the person who told it to me)

From Petracca himself.

Would love him on a HFF at the dogs, would be a perfect fit. Although not as important as it used to be since we drafted Weightman (small forward) and grabbed Bruce. Naughton is also looking like becoming an absolute star and Bailey Dale kicked 20 goals in his last 7 games. We also have Jamarra Ugle-Hagan who is rated as the #1 KPF prospect by many draft watchers coming in the 2020 draft through the NGA - so doubt we would even have the currency for Petracca.

He was excellent last year if people actually paid attention.

Won't leave.

On a Melbourne supporter scale of excellence maybe. On a league-wide scale taking into account his actualy ability? Nowhere near excellent

Probably one of those frustrating players that will pull out a ripping year in a contract year then turn to s**t for the remainder of the contract only to do it again next time...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back