WWE Royal Rumble, Monday 27th January 2020, 11am AEDT

Edge's return is easily a bigger deal than most in the last 10 or so years. Brock you would probably argue is bigger.
Where would you rank The Rock, Goldberg, Sting, Batista and Daniel Bryans returns?

Piper Niven
Xia Brookside
Jinny

Were any of them even in Houston??

The hardest part of adding NXT UK talent to other brands is booking ahead of time to ensure they come over to the US; especially if Sasha was only ruled out of the Rumble on Friday or Saturday.

Botch hasn't wrestled since early January

Doesn’t mean that Sasha hasn’t been checked by medical weekly & it could be a week by week situation (thus why the Sasha/Lacey match got announced & cancelled, etc.) :rolleyes:

Where would you rank The Rock, Goldberg, Sting, Batista and Daniel Bryans returns?
The Rock is pfft. Returned as WM host.
Goldberg is pfft. Returned as what, a promo for WWE 2k?
Sting not really a return. Big though.
Batista definitely lower. Big but feel like Edge's return is a much bigger deal given the circumstances.

Bryan is much more comparable. But he was also always around so I don't know if it's a return so much.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
If she wasn't Rick's daughter she would be Dana Brooke

Difficult to get behind and invested in Charlotte Flair. Will always land on her feet. Will never fall down the card. Will never be made to look like crap. Will go into the Hall of Fame. Not nearly good enough to make you forget it all.

How can a face work like that? Or a heel work when they'll end up better than the face who beats them anyway? There's a John Cena quality to her 'fans'; they're 'fans' because they've worked out she'll always be fine.

The zeitgeist is against people being picked behind closed doors and getting a dream run forever, not only in wrestling but in life. She's lucky Roman Reigns happened first or the hate for hand-picked favouritism would be on her.

Last edited:

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I wasn't a fan during a lot of these. Did pay loose attention to some though.

Bryan's was pretty massive at the time, alot of social media buzz. Goldberg and Rock pretty big as there were a few matches. Sting and Batista didn't do it for me as the one match thing is boring for the most part. This is kinda exciting because it sounds like we'll be seeing him work at least 5-6 times a year I think.

I wasn't a fan during a lot of these. Did pay loose attention to some though.

Bryan's was pretty massive at the time, alot of social media buzz. Goldberg and Rock pretty big as there were a few matches. Sting and Batista didn't do it for me as the one match thing is boring for the most part. This is kinda exciting because it sounds like we'll be seeing him work at least 5-6 times a year I think.

Sting would have had more Matches IF Rollins did not Injure his Neck

Piper Niven
Xia Brookside
Jinny
Were any of them even in Houston??

The hardest part of adding NXT UK talent to other brands is booking ahead of time to ensure they come over to the US; especially if Sasha was only ruled out of the Rumble on Friday or Saturday.

well they could have used Kay Lee Ray, since she was on the Worlds Collide pre-show.

Asuka,Kairi Sane and Io Shirai all leave overnight?

If they did I’m sure the majority would hardly notice.

if Kairi and Io returned to STARDOM (and brought Asuka with them), it would be awesome.

Back